View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Ok, here is the situation. Hopefully some cam experts or people running cams can help.

I'm currently running a 3" Stainless Works cat-back, no other mods. I'd like to do a bigger cam, but I'm strongly leaning toward not doing LTs first for 4 reasons: 1) I'd like a nice bump in power; I think I'd be happy with 400+ whp. For now. I think. 2) I love the sound of the exhaust as is. To me it's perfect. It sounds like sex, but loud sex. I've heard my system with headers and adding LTs will make it TOO loud, even for me. 3) I live in a certain state with as many laws as there are pretty women, particularly emissions laws. 4) I confess: I love the sound of a cammed LS3.

Now, my tuner, whom I trust, can do and would do the cam swap and thinks the car would run great, but thinks LTs are the best bang for your buck mod for the SS. I agree, but it's not the path I'd like to go right now.

The question I'm hoping someone experienced can answer is: is there any disadvantage, other than leaving 30 or so hp on the table, if I just do a cam swap without changing to long tube headers? Will I have a car I'm happy with?

Thanks. Chris
Here you go , I did just that , cam , cai , tune .
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80827