View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I can answer a few, as I've looked into these issues myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Can we put those V8 Brembos on the V6?
Sure! Technically, you can put any aftermarket brakes on any car so long as they fit inside the tire. If I go V6 -- this is midway up the list of modifications I'm going to do later on. Check these folks out:
http://www.baer.com/products/complete/pro-plus.php

Scroll down to the bottom portion of the page. Hit "Pontiac", and then "G8"...oooohhhhh yeaahhhh. Pricey -- but they should shoot you through the windshield.

How hard can we push the transmission?
It's an Aisin unit. They aren't especially robust. According to GM, it's good to 273lb/ft in the Direct Injected CTS. But GM also says the Tremec unit's only good to 470, and we know some Vette people are putting out 500+...

Does the V8 transmission fit?
In the SS, it's called the TR6060. It fits in the SS, which is still a Camaro, so it should fit here. The real question you should be asking is will it bolt up to the V6 engine block? That, I don't know -- someone would need to investigate the bolt patterns for the engine and the transmission....

How hard can we push the 3.6L DI VVT V6?
I do believe this is a undiscovered frontier. It's a relatively new engine...would be interesting if someone could get in contact with GM powertrain....

Can the V6 suspension be replaced with the V8 suspension?
Sure. They're really the same thing: it's Zeta. It's far more complicate, but the SS is simply a little more stiff and "tuned in". If you're looking to improve the suspension at a later date -- just leapfrog over the SS and call up Pedders. Their systems will work on the V6 just as well as the SS.

Can I plug in my iPod? (visibility)
This was already answered above -- but I'll reiterate, the USB connector is in the center console. shove your ipod down in there, and you're good. Nobody ever needs to know it's there.
I'm not sure if any of that will help...but .