View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
So I went to my local install shop today to get a price on having some door speakers installed. Here is what was quoted to me:

For Arc Audio XDi 6.2 speakers $199 for the pair Plus $100 for install
http://store.arcaudio.com/products/p...872.0.0.0?pp=8&

For Alpine SPR-60C speakers $249 for the pair plus $100 for install
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPR-60C.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

He tried to push me really hard towards the Arc Audio, but I have never heard of the brand before.

Is this priceing good? I can't really find any reviews on the Arcs. The Alpines are definately overpriced since I can get them for $158 from Amazon. I expect them to be more than Amazon but not $100 more.

Which of these 2 would you go with or can you recomend a different brand?

I am also going to have them replace my rear 3.5" speakers in a month or so since they said they would do the custom work to put in 6.5" speakers there for me. They quoted me $75 per hour for the custom work. Is that a good price?

Basically I only have 1 other shop in town and I am going to talk to them tomorrow.
Yeah, those prices are kinda high. For $250, I'd go Focal Polyglas 165 VB or dare I say my Rockford Fosgate T2652-S. If you're looking for something cheaper, then I'd look at Infinity Kappa 60.9cs or even JL Audio C2-650's.

I haven't heard a lot about Arc Audio, but it's usually favorable. I don't know if I'd pay that much for them, unless they offer to let you hear them, in your car, first. Replacing the front door speakers can be done in less than 30 minutes, so they should be able to stop before they put the panels back in so you can hear them.

Good luck man.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote