Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 11-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
Faze911

Drives: 2SS/RS
a small Q about tire smoking

HI guys

I was wondering about something i found while staying in the US. Am an international student and i own a camaro SS here. first, Awesome country the US is, i love being here! . So while talking to a friend of mine (who is American and a big camaro Fan) he mentioned that people here (Oregon) don't like .. powersilding or burnouts. now am not sure what he ment because i was about to go crazy while leaving a car show (regular friday hangout at beaverten) and he told not to. and that the people here won't like it.

just a thought and was wondering what you guys think!

thanks
Old 11-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
He is probably correct. I know we had one of our meetings down here and a guy peeled out and ended up throwing rocks onto another guys Camaro messing it up. It is all about a time and a place and the place 99% of the time is the track.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faze911 View Post
HI guys

I was wondering about something i found while staying in the US. Am an international student and i own a camaro SS here. first, Awesome country the US is, i love being here! . So while talking to a friend of mine (who is American and a big camaro Fan) he mentioned that people here (Oregon) don't like .. powersilding or burnouts. now am not sure what he ment because i was about to go crazy while leaving a car show (regular friday hangout at beaverten) and he told not to. and that the people here won't like it.

just a thought and was wondering what you guys think!

thanks
Well, he is correct that people don't like when you burn off leaving a car show. That's true here in Washington State as well.

Basically, this sort of thing brings bad juju upon those that host such an event. Neighbors complain, cops get attracted to it...and the people holding the event might not be allowed to continue the event if this sort of thing happens. Loud stereo playing is also frowned upon at such events (usually).
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
big boss

Drives: Imp.blue, tuned,cold air,magfl,
Theres a time and place for every thing.SOME think its cool,and some don't,
it depend on the crowd of people you'er with.
big boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Not cool, when leaving a car show or when you are close to other cars or people, there have been accidents were the car got out of control and hit another car or person, or rocks have hit people and other cars.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
I rarely see burnouts when people leave cars shows. Usually, there is a crowd of people standing around the exit, making it dangerous. Doing that kind of thing is also frowned upon on public roads, due to noise and safety concerns. Usually, doing burnouts as a spectator show is reserved for a specific even, like at a track or other controlled conditions.

The only exception I've ever seem was several years ago at a big car show in the Wisconsin Dells. With all the extra traffic with the show, traffic tends to slow to a crawl on the main road through town. A bunch of guys starting doing burnouts on a hill (on US 12, the main road through town). The crowd starting pouring water from the pool of the hotel next to the road on the hill to make it easier. It went on for hours, and by the end, guys in FWD econo boxes where even joining in.

Moral of the story: the next year, the police presence was enormous, and it put a huge damper over the entire event, not just the cruise.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote