Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 04-29-2016, 03:18 PM   #1
zjolsen

Drives: 17 ZL1 1LE Clone
2014 1LE Aero options

I have been working with Kurt at aero sports concepts and he has been great! Highly recommend!!! But before I spend a good chunk, I wanted to get opinions on different options for front splitters. I will be doing some open road racing and 1 mile shootouts..so I want the most downforce possible in the front as I already noticed some lifting at 120+ on the road course.

I am pretty confident that I will purchase the aero sports concepts belly pan and wickerbill (for z28 spoiler), but the front splitter I want to make sure I pick the best one available.

Finally, I understand I could do the z28 package but I dont know if I am ready to drill into the car and spend the extra cash painting the flares etc. If this is best option then I will proceed with it.

Anybody have opinions or different options before I spend almost a grand on this stuff.

Any help is appreciated.
zjolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
The zl1 front fascia is gonna grab more air than a splitter. It's the route I went to solve some issues with heat and the floaty front
Old 05-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #3
zjolsen

Im a 2014 so I don't know if I really want to do that.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjolsen View Post
I have been working with Kurt at aero sports concepts and he has been great! Highly recommend!!! But before I spend a good chunk, I wanted to get opinions on different options for front splitters. I will be doing some open road racing and 1 mile shootouts..so I want the most downforce possible in the front as I already noticed some lifting at 120+ on the road course.

I am pretty confident that I will purchase the aero sports concepts belly pan and wickerbill (for z28 spoiler), but the front splitter I want to make sure I pick the best one available.

Finally, I understand I could do the z28 package but I dont know if I am ready to drill into the car and spend the extra cash painting the flares etc. If this is best option then I will proceed with it.

Anybody have opinions or different options before I spend almost a grand on this stuff.

Any help is appreciated.
Don't know if you are aware, but Chevy performance offers a Z/28 aero kit that allows the front splitter and rear spoiler, and belly pan be added to a 2014 SS without using the fender flares or side rocker panels. Might be an option for you?

We put it on my car. Works (and looks) great!

P/N: 23489551
Old 05-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
zjolsen

I did see that but already purchased a Z28 spoiler from a different vendor so all I need is the front splitter if I chose to do that. On the z28 specific forum they have the front splitter for 250 but I don't know if the 1le mounting brackets etc will swap over or if I need to purchase all the associated brackets and bolts.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I did see that but already purchased a Z28 spoiler from a different vendor so all I need is the front splitter if I chose to do that. On the z28 specific forum they have the front splitter for 250 but I don't know if the 1le mounting brackets etc will swap over or if I need to purchase all the associated brackets and bolts.
The 1LE splitter is mounted completely differently. IMO, it's actually easier to put on the Z/28 piece. All you need to put on the Z/28 splitter is the two chassis braces that mount to the bumper bar, and about 20 or so (I forget the exact number) clip nuts and bolts.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
wernergmhtp

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS A6
Quote:
If you end up getting rid of your 1LE front splitter, I'd be interested in it...
wernergmhtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #8
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
The zl1 front fascia is gonna grab more air than a splitter. It's the route I went to solve some issues with heat and the floaty front
Fun fact to a point. The reason the ZL1 grille is different than the SS grille in 2012/2013....The SS grille created a flutter at speed with the change to the hood and front fascia.

Point.....The devil is in the details and the General has done all of the aero testing you will ever need and provides options to us. Wind tunnels are expensive to rent and even more expensive to own....Your GM options have all been in a wind tunnel and have data to support it. Example = Z/28