Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Just wondering....

Hey everyone i'm fairly new to the Camaro5 family and i know just about enough to order what i want on my 2SS. Nothing like a lot of you who are so much better informed, a couple of things i'm still trying to figure out..... (i understand ABL is a touchy subject and don't want to start any problems) But is the ABL standard on the 2SS? If so can you turn it off when you want? Also, of the pics i've seen i haven't located the Launch Control button... Any idea where it's at? And lastly... I ordered my Camaro already and they said it wont be over MSRP but i get the feeling it wont be much under either, anyone from the So Cal area have any suggestions of dealers that are offering good deals? I know if i order now i'll be at the END of the list but that might not be a bad thing right now (financial situation) Thank you for anyone that can help, glad to be part of the Camaro5 family!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Welcome! Glad the site is helping you like it has helped me and so many others. The ABL is supposed to be standard on the 2SS. It is unclear though if it will be included for sure and when. There is a switch to turn it off. The launch control is part of the traction/stability control button. It is located near the shifter. One of the modes engages the launch control. Look at the MSRP or under dealers thread. That might help.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

BTW, check out this post for a couple of pictures of the traction control button.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=99
Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
New2010CamaroLover

Cool thanks.... i looked up that exact thread about the MSRP just before i started my thread, and there's nothing for cali... kinda bummed, and surprised.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
New2010CamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
BTW, check out this post for a couple of pictures of the traction control button.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=99
Ok cool... someone showed me that pic before but i thought it was just for the traction control... So you're saying that the launch mode can be operated with that button also?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
Cool thanks.... i looked up that exact thread about the MSRP just before i started my thread, and there's nothing for cali... kinda bummed, and surprised.
Sorry. Well, there are a lot of CA folks on here so perhaps someone will chime in with some new info for you.

Quote:
Ok cool... someone showed me that pic before but i thought it was just for the traction control... So you're saying that the launch mode can be operated with that button also?
If I remember correctly, there are 4 modes (now it is late and I am pulling this from the cob-webbed area of my 5-drink mind tonight):
1. Traction and stability control on.
2. Traction control off and stability control on.
3. Sport mode (or something like that) that includes the launch control.
4. Everything off (or as I call it "smoke the tires and hold on to your nuts/boobs" mode).

EDIT: Just confirmed that the above is accurate with the slight exception that #3 is called "Competitive Sport Mode" and is on the V8 only.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Where did you confirm that information at? Just wondering. I like those 4 modes. Very handy.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
New2010CamaroLover

Hahaha 5 drink... i like it!! Ok cool thanks that helps answere some questions... now if only i can find a good dealer in so cal...
Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
Rob490

Drives: NONE
for SoCal

Team Chevrolet
3003 E Colorodo Blvd., Pasadena CA
626-449-3333
Teampasadena.net

Enjoy

IDK if they still have alocation tho
Rob490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
New2010CamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob490 View Post
for SoCal

Team Chevrolet
3003 E Colorodo Blvd., Pasadena CA
626-449-3333
Teampasadena.net

Enjoy

IDK if they still have alocation tho
Hey thanks i appreciate it, even if i have to be on a second order it wont be too bad of an idea, although the wait might literally kill me. I take it you orderd there? What was your experience? Are they offering any deals?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #11
Rob490

Quote:
Hey thanks i appreciate it, even if i have to be on a second order it wont be too bad of an idea, although the wait might literally kill me. I take it you orderd there? What was your experience? Are they offering any deals?
NP glad to help a camaro junkie out.

To be honest with you i didnt order from them i just got deep into the phase of ordering but pulled out as i wont be able to get one until about December. From my experience however they are pretty nice group of guys and know a thing or two (definitely more than some other dealers *cough allen gwynn Chevrolet cough**. I had MSRP in writing i just had to wait and didnt want to take anothers spot. If they dont initially offer it just talk to them im sure youll get it you just need to be serious about it. IDK if theyre taking GM discounts though.

Good luck and tell me how the experience goes
Old 02-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
New2010CamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob490 View Post
NP glad to help a camaro junkie out.

To be honest with you i didnt order from them i just got deep into the phase of ordering but pulled out as i wont be able to get one until about December. From my experience however they are pretty nice group of guys and know a thing or two (definitely more than some other dealers *cough allen gwynn Chevrolet cough**. I had MSRP in writing i just had to wait and didnt want to take anothers spot. If they dont initially offer it just talk to them im sure youll get it you just need to be serious about it. IDK if theyre taking GM discounts though.

Good luck and tell me how the experience goes
Will do... BTW you might want to think about ordering soon, i'd imagine there's only a certain amount of time you have to special order exactly what you want without it being too expensive for placing a special order, just my opinion, but if you order within the next few months you may not get it till December anyways... just my .02 But like i said i don't know as much as a lot of people around here.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Where did you confirm that information at? Just wondering. I like those 4 modes. Very handy.
A little traction control birdie flew in last night and told me. That is per GM.

Quote:
Hahaha 5 drink... i like it!! Ok cool thanks that helps answere some questions... now if only i can find a good dealer in so cal...
Glad to help.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #14
Rob490

Quote:
Will do... BTW you might want to think about ordering soon, i'd imagine there's only a certain amount of time you have to special order exactly what you want without it being too expensive for placing a special order, just my opinion, but if you order within the next few months you may not get it till December anyways... just my .02 But like i said i don't know as much as a lot of people around here.
thanks for your concern but for right now dont worry about it i Know what im doing