Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #15
nbostaph

Drives: Yellow 2014 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
And make sure you get at least 114 hog rings otherwise you have to drive around with a towel on the drivers seat for a couple days since you left that for last and ran out of rings on a Saturday so you can't go buy more. Not that I know from experience........
lol.

I'll make sure I order more; thanks.

I'm going to wait until temperatures decide to go back above 0F to go any further with this, but I'll post some photos in the Spring when I get it done.
nbostaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #16
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
One more thing I wish I knew before. The kit from leatherseats.com includes pieces for the door panels, dash trim strips, center console and door arm rests. As you have it laid out you will get black ones. You may be able to ask for yellow instead of black if you prefer at least now you will know you get them, I didn't and wish I did. I would have asked for yellow
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:48 AM   #17
nbostaph

Drives: Yellow 2014 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
One more thing I wish I knew before. The kit from leatherseats.com includes pieces for the door panels, dash trim strips, center console and door arm rests. As you have it laid out you will get black ones. You may be able to ask for yellow instead of black if you prefer at least now you will know you get them, I didn't and wish I did. I would have asked for yellow
Oh, really? I had no idea. That's awesome. Can you tell me exactly which pieces these are? Are they these pieces, or another part of the door/dash? Would you be able to show a photo or two?

Thanks!
nbostaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #18
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbostaph View Post
Oh, really? I had no idea. That's awesome. Can you tell me exactly which pieces these are? Are they these pieces, or another part of the door/dash? Would you be able to show a photo or two?

Thanks!
It is leather pieces that fit to cover all those pieces, but not the actual panels. I did not use them so I do not have pics to show you. If I had gotten yellow leather I would have used it.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #19
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
I really like the seats as you have them shown here, the emblems will contrast on the headrest better this way. I have always hated the way the side bolsters on the leather seats have wrinkled so badly and so quick, I would almost be tempted to go all vinyl. I know it sounds cheapo but maybe they would last longer. The leather in my car looks great everywhere except for the side bolsters, too bad they don't give you the option to change that.
It turns out the side bolsters are vinyl, not leather. I found this out when I went4 to have custom seats done and asked about it, as I had the same concern. The only real leather in the leather seats is the insert. I was "noit amused" with GM when I found this out.

I went with all leather in the new seats. If conditioned properly, it will hold up better than vinyl.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #20
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Wow, that's good to know. Those bolsters in my Camaro look terrible and that's the exact reason I avoided leather seats from GM last year when we bought our Equinox. At least I now know not to buy any GM replacements.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote