Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #29
jlwdvm

Drives: 17 GT350R, 13Boss302,15 Z/28
I looked into a few modified cars, but that worries me a little. In a couple of years I will start looking for a slightly used ZL1 1LE to add to the garage. I found my car at Park Place Porsche. It was the lowest priced low mile car I had seen nation wide....and they covered shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiker View Post
Did you but that white one from Earth, with the 21st Century 700hp package? If so....!@#$

Oh yeah, ummm, hi everyone. I guess this is my first post, hmmm...obviously i'm looking for a Z/28 to daily, i have daily driven worse in the past so i'm not worried about the harsh ride, just excited about that LS7, TR606, carbon brakes and back seats that i promised my wife the two car seats will fit in but honestly have no idea and don't care.
jlwdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #30
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Is this the black one at Friendly Chevy in Blaine Minn.?

If so note from the VIN that the car is a CTF car - not a production car -
2G1FS1EE8E9699012

If not familiar with CTF - that stands for Captured Test Fleet - they produced 69 in 2014 and 5 in 2015 - these were cars that were used for auto shows, driven by magazines and/or driven by GM employees.

That particular car has 21k miles on it and in their info. stated the owner who traded it in put 3k miles on it, so 18k at GM would indicate an employee driven car.

Nothing wrong with a CTF car - but just wanted to be sure you knew that it was one, if that is the car you are looking at.

Way you can tell a CTF car from a production car - CTF VINS are 69xxxx and production car VIN's are 70xxxx

Find right car for you and buy it - you will not regret owning a Z/28.
Thank you so much! That gives me more room to negotiate. That is the car I'm looking at and I've had friends look it over closely and I don't think it had ever been tracked before and if it had it definitely had the brakes replaced. So a CTF car is exactly the same? Is it something that if I decide to trade it later I will take a big hit on? Again, can't thank you enough for this info!
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #31
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notilloc View Post
Thank you so much! That gives me more room to negotiate. That is the car I'm looking at and I've had friends look it over closely and I don't think it had ever been tracked before and if it had it definitely had the brakes replaced. So a CTF car is exactly the same? Is it something that if I decide to trade it later I will take a big hit on? Again, can't thank you enough for this info!
Yes CTF cars are exactly the same - long term it may be rarer and more collectible - short term some well informed buyers may simply not be willing to buy as they can't define the history or fear the CTF car was abused. On trade I would not expect any difference from a dealer for CTF or Production, since they will likely never know the difference.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #32
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Yes CTF cars are exactly the same - long term it may be rarer and more collectible - short term some well informed buyers may simply not be willing to buy as they can't define the history or fear the CTF car was abused. On trade I would not expect any difference from a dealer for CTF or Production, since they will likely never know the difference.
Dealer would have to be savvy to it, and even then probably wont care. A quick check shows records end at 16k miles. 16k miles means it was one of our mileage accumulation cars for validation. I would have no worries buying it, matter of fact id prefer it for a CTF car. We dont hand them to just 'anyone' it was a qualified person. Id be much less enthused if it was a magazine car, media car...for obvious reasons. Again, I would have no issue with this car if it were me.

Also, just to clear it up a CTF vin is 96990xx and a production vin is 97xxxxx

69 ctf FOR '14, 4 FOR '15

Last edited by 1970judge; 01-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #33
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Dealer would have to be savvy to it, and even then probably wont care. A quick check shows records end at 16k miles. 16k miles means it was one of our mileage accumulation cars for validation. I would have no worries buying it, matter of fact id prefer it for a CTF car. We dont hand them to just 'anyone' it was a qualified person. Id be much less enthused if it was a magazine car, media car...for obvious reasons. Again, I would have no issue with this car if it were me.

Also, just to clear it up a CTF vin is 96990xx and a production vin is 97xxxxx

69 ctf FOR '14, 4 FOR '15
Thanks for the info!
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #34
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
I almost bought one last week because I saw one in the low 40's with very low miles. They are going to keep dropping like every other model, but they are a great bang for the buck. They don't move very fast, so you can go to the dealership, be very interested, make an offer they reject, and they will keep calling you till they hit your number.

There are so many low mile Z/28s and ZL1s popping up, time is on your side to be picky.

V6 Camaro bolt ons and E85
Tuned by Tampa Tuning
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:10 AM   #35
oakaro68

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Just wrote a long post and my internet crashed. Bottom line, get a z/28! Choppy idle and 7k rpm redline from a legendary 427
oakaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #36
kwiker

Drives: Clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdvm View Post
I looked into a few modified cars, but that worries me a little. In a couple of years I will start looking for a slightly used ZL1 1LE to add to the garage. I found my car at Park Place Porsche. It was the lowest priced low mile car I had seen nation wide....and they covered shipping.
Ahh yes, the red car. I almost went down there to check it out. Seems like z/28s are getting snagged up around Dallas right now. I want to be patient and get a silver or grey one but i do love white and there are a bunch of those. Carvana has one that is currently in Dallas, i feel like it recently moved from IL but i'm not sure...definitely came from another state. I wonder what happened, did someone buy it and return it. Still on the hunt.
kwiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #37
jlwdvm

I contacted Carvana about a white '15 with low miles on it. I think it had Potenza tires on it. It was in Chicago when I talked to them about it. They don't negotiate on price, so I went elsewhere. The car I got from Park Place is nearly mint. You could have bought it $7-800 cheaper than me since you could have saved them shipping!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:06 AM   #38
shadowhunter66

Drives: 2017 Buick Enclave
Quote:
I contacted Carvana about a white '15 with low miles on it. I think it had Potenza tires on it. It was in Chicago when I talked to them about it. They don't negotiate on price, so I went elsewhere. The car I got from Park Place is nearly mint. You could have bought it $7-800 cheaper than me since you could have saved them shipping!
I think the car is their warehouse, wherever that is, and they'll ship it to you wherever you are.
Having said that, looks like someone is in the process of purchasing..
shadowhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #39
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
I was talking to them about that one, too. I found 5 ads spread out online for it, in all different cities and they were sketchy as hell when I questioned them about it. They were also extremely condescending over the phone, and were trying to make me panic buy by claiming "they ship these all over the world, and have sold X amount in a month and that it'll likely be gone" blah blah blah.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #40
kwiker

Drives: Clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhunter66 View Post
I think the car is their warehouse, wherever that is, and they'll ship it to you wherever you are.
Having said that, looks like someone is in the process of purchasing..
Right, but i have been checking it's actual location and it's moving around. Confirmed it was in Chicago and now i can confirm it was in Grand Prarie Texas and now in Frisco...i assume someone backed out and put it back in the tower display over her. This is about 10 miles from my house.

I have been keeping track of a lot of cars on the market, carvana has had this one for at least 3 months now so their scare tactic is pretty funny. I just tried to find it on cargurus and it's gone but still up on the carvana website. I think we all know that these cars do not sell quickly.
kwiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #41
jlwdvm

Shipping is only free the first 50 miles. Luckily I didn't bite on theirs, even though it was one of the better priced Z's out there and I could have driven to pick it up. I ended up finding mine on cargurus with more options (splash guards, wicker bill, floor mats, window tint, and brand new Michelin PSS, fewer miles) for $2K cheaper. I've only driven it for 10 miles before the weather took a dump again, but I have to say, it is a whole different animal than my GT350!
Old 02-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #42
shadowhunter66

Drives: 2017 Buick Enclave
Quote:
Shipping is only free the first 50 miles. Luckily I didn't bite on theirs, even though it was one of the better priced Z's out there and I could have driven to pick it up. I ended up finding mine on cargurus with more options (splash guards, wicker bill, floor mats, window tint, and brand new Michelin PSS, fewer miles) for $2K cheaper. I've only driven it for 10 miles before the weather took a dump again, but I have to say, it is a whole different animal than my GT350!
I'm surprised CarGurus seems to be popular.. I really don't like the interface but I checked from time to time. Still looking for a good deal so I can pull the trigger!
shadowhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote