Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #85
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
DAMN, that's a pretty big assumption to make... that I would trade a car over an alignment issue and that I'm putting anything down to ELSD. However, my plans are to go with a 2019 ZLE so when the time is right it will happen, but nothing in this thread would have any bearing on a trade.

Alignment was actually done in December at a different dealer with minor adjustments made (I will post the sheet) and I really haven't had any problems since. Haven't hit the drag strip either, but did do quite a few 0-60 pulls and even gave it some hits on uneven pavement trying to duplicate this but all seems fine now.
What did they find that was out of spec?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #86
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What did they find that was out of spec?
I'll have to scan and post the sheet when I get home tonight. It certainly wasn't anything major. Some rear camber if i remember right.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #87
motorhead

Quote:
I'll have to scan and post the sheet when I get home tonight. It certainly wasn't anything major. Some rear camber if i remember right.
I could certainly see camber being out causing some strange stuff. Glad you got it taken care of.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #88
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
DAMN, that's a pretty big assumption to make... that I would trade a car over an alignment issue and that I'm putting anything down to ELSD. However, my plans are to go with a 2019 ZLE so when the time is right it will happen, but nothing in this thread would have any bearing on a trade.

Alignment was actually done in December at a different dealer with minor adjustments made (I will post the sheet) and I really haven't had any problems since. Haven't hit the drag strip either, but did do quite a few 0-60 pulls and even gave it some hits on uneven pavement trying to duplicate this but all seems fine now.
Lol.. Based purely on what I found in the thread.

I'd be interested in seeing the alignment sheet if you don't mind sharing. I'd be surprised if it was just caused by camber, what you describe sounds a lot like the toe was way off. It's really hard to see visually when toe is out of whack (as opposed to camber, that is usually pretty obvious to see), it can also be way off and the car drive fine/straight most of the time.

Anyway, glad to hear that the alignment has seemed to fix your issue, whatever adjustment it was that fixed it.
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:26 AM   #89
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
However, my plans are to go with a 2019 ZLE so when the time is right it will happen, but nothing in this thread would have any bearing on a trade.

What is this 2019 ZLE you speak of ?
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #90
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Something is up, this shouldn't happen at any circumstance. I'm assuming when this happened you've been driving for some time? Or is it possible the tires were cold and couldn't grip properly?

I've had this happen once but It was a cold morning, I was merging onto the freeway and gave a little to much gas which caused the rear end to quick out. Nothing serious but that was 100% my fault.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #91
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife View Post
Most likely, he's upgrading to the ZL1-1LE. Most just call it the ZLE..
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #92
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Lol.. Based purely on what I found in the thread.

I'd be interested in seeing the alignment sheet if you don't mind sharing. I'd be surprised if it was just caused by camber, what you describe sounds a lot like the toe was way off. It's really hard to see visually when toe is out of whack (as opposed to camber, that is usually pretty obvious to see), it can also be way off and the car drive fine/straight most of the time.

Anyway, glad to hear that the alignment has seemed to fix your issue, whatever adjustment it was that fixed it.
Nothing I see in this thread indicates a trade-in based on this issue or that I've attributed it to anything specific. Just throwing out ideas and listening to see if others experienced the same.

and to be clear I don't think the alignment fixed anything I also don't drive this car unless it's a track day (scheduled next month) or maybe a weekend drive. Sorry if I'm not dogging this one down as I should but after the weather cleared a couple weeks ago I did get some good runs and did some daily driving back and forth 70 mile round trip to work and all seems fine.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #93
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Something is up, this shouldn't happen at any circumstance. I'm assuming when this happened you've been driving for some time? Or is it possible the tires were cold and couldn't grip properly?

I've had this happen once but It was a cold morning, I was merging onto the freeway and gave a little to much gas which caused the rear end to quick out. Nothing serious but that was 100% my fault.
This was very early on when I first hit the drag strip in San Antonio right at the 1,500 mile mark. Scared the shit out of me at the 1000' mark a couple of times. Also, on the drive there with other Camaros following me that saw the fish tail on some slight acceleration on a two lane road. Wrote that off as un-even pavement until it happened on a track with hot tires. Camaro Fest last Aug it was fine on both road track and drags and I was waiting for it then, but didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Most likely, he's upgrading to the ZL1-1LE. Most just call it the ZLE..
Oh he knows...
Old 01-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #94
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:

To trow some heat on this, last year at camarofest you wanted a that ZLE what is holding you back?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #95
motorhead

Quote:
Nothing I see in this thread indicates a trade-in based on this issue or that I've attributed it to anything specific. Just throwing out ideas and listening to see if others experienced the same.

and to be clear I don't think the alignment fixed anything I also don't drive this car unless it's a track day (scheduled next month) or maybe a weekend drive. Sorry if I'm not dogging this one down as I should but after the weather cleared a couple weeks ago I did get some good runs and did some daily driving back and forth 70 mile round trip to work and all seems fine.
If it seems better, why don't you believe the aliment fixed it? Maybe nothing was to far out of sorts?
Old 01-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #96
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Man, I just assumed you were going to go all out & ZLE an new 19 A10 with all the aero & suspension to build your dream car...

It's only money.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #97
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
To trow some heat on this, last year at camarofest you wanted a that ZLE what is holding you back?
Ha Ha... had my order number. Just decided to wait and see what comes in 2019. New Colors, Carbon Ceramic brakes, Refreshed Rear and anything else they throw at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If it seems better, why don't you believe the aliment fixed it? Maybe nothing was to far out of sorts?
Just didn't seem like it was that far out. I'll get it posted once it's in my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Man, I just assumed you were going to go all out & ZLE an new 19 A10 with all the aero & suspension to build your dream car...

It's only money.
Hey brother, you know what I REALLY want. A10 + 1LE = FTW

I could really care less about 7 speed manual as I rarely used 6th when I had the manual.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #98
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I'm surprised there isn't enough interest for GM to offer 7 bet they would sell. What would be your best guess in regards to cost to convert an A10 into a 1LE??

Gotta be expensive by the time you get done with the tires and all, but guess you could recoup some $$$ with the take off parts??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote