Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
partlowr

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Lingenfelter by Corsa system, nice small mufflers that allow a lot of sound through but not as obnoxious as a full muffler delete. I welded the butterfly valve open and did an X-pipe which removes the suitcase sized resonator. Car sounds really good, especially at WOT. I'm getting ready to do longtube headers and cat delete which will obviously make my louder so I can always unweld the butterfly valves if needed.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #16
macnroxy

Drives: 2015 2ss
Are you all using the stainless works brace to install the full systems on your convertibles? I want to put tsp long tubes and full system on mine. I have muffler delete with the fuse pulled sounds nice with the range but I want more noise and performance. Plan the tsp afm cam next year.
macnroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:35 AM   #17
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
If you are planning on putting LT headers and changing the exhaust make sure you put a resonated x pipe in the mix just in case you decide to put a cam in the future. In my vert ss I had to put a magnaflow resonated x pipe to muffled the sound of the vvt3 cam. I also deleted the exhaust butterflies because they were rattling on idle. It wasn't fun being at the stop light and I was able to hear those butterflies rattling like hell.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:34 AM   #18
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
If you are planning on putting LT headers and changing the exhaust make sure you put a resonated x pipe in the mix just in case you decide to put a cam in the future. In my vert ss I had to put a magnaflow resonated x pipe to muffled the sound of the vvt3 cam. I also deleted the exhaust butterflies because they were rattling on idle. It wasn't fun being at the stop light and I was able to hear those butterflies rattling like hell.
JLGO, are you running the factory L99 cat back with the factory mufflers and the large factory resonator? Are you talking about the afm butterfly valves midway between the resonator and muffler that were rattling? TIA
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #19
macnroxy

Drives: 2015 2ss
jgo do you have a vvt cam in yours?
macnroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #20
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnroxy View Post
jgo do you have a vvt cam in yours?
JLGO has a VVT stage 3 cam as stated in his post.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:33 PM   #21
luv4camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Straight pipe it. Keep the cats then straight pipe it with some j pipes at the end to reduce interior drone. Who cares what the neighbors think.
luv4camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #22
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
I have the vvt3 cam, bbk 1 7/8 lt headers, magnaflow resonated x pipe, custom piping with the deleted butterflies, and legato mufflers. I chose legato mufflers because of their sound.

Before the cam, resonated x pipe and butterflies delete the car had the x pipe, lt headers, custom exhaust and legato mufflers. It sounded good if you ask.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote