Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I REALLY HATE PEOPLE!!!

Well I picked up my car last wednesday nite, drove it home and there it sat in front of my house. I drove my truck to PA for a long 4 day weekend and then again to work on monday. Well today is the first I have driven the car. I took her to work. Got there early to get a good parking space on the end of the lot, moved toward one side of the space and waited there til one of my co-workers parked next to me. I know her and know she would never touch or hurt my car in anyway. Well she only had to work a half day today. After my shift is over I came out to jump in the car and leave and guess what??? You guessed it.... a crappy looking Mercedes SUV with dents and scratches all over it is parked next to me... When the A** got out they smacked my passenger door and now it is off to Dent Wizard I go. Only a dime sized dent but still!! C'MON PEOPLE!! I only have 55 miles on the car!! PEOPLE REALLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE!!
Best part is this is an employee spot only and the SUV does not belong to anyone at work (no parking sticker) I am SOOO pissed right now!! I did return the favor though and left a nice fist sized dent in their driver's side door.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
That absolutely sux,

My dad used to carry a small tack hammer for just such situations. he had a 1967 Firebird and within six days of completely restoring it, he was sitting in it waiting for my mom to finish work, and some hog lady in a beater station wagon pulls in next to him. She flings her door open and wham... big dent, nice, metal deep, scratch, and pop was royally pissed.

He reached in the glove box and before she could waddle her big a&& away, he walked over, got her attention and let her watch him return the favor. She freaked, started screaming, and called the cops. They showed up, examined both cars, listened to the story, and decided to let each take care of their own cars. Porky wanted cash on the spot, pop laughed at her, collected mom and drove away. Pork Chop was still sputtering at the curb. The cops did tell her that some people consider their cars a family extension and she needed to be more considerate of other peoples possessions... I would bet good money it didn't take with her.

Hmm, where is the nearest Home Depot, I might need a tack hammer... I'm sure a small one will fit in the glove box...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
hate to hear bro
Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Wouldve put a brick through their windshield
Old 10-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Reminds me of the fellow where I used to live.. He bought a new Corvette,parked it in front of his tire store. A little old lady in a beater Olds pulled up opened the door and hit the rear fender of the vette cracking the fiberglass. He went outside and by the time the
police arrived he'd kicked in three of her doors with his cowboy boots!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
Well I picked up my car last wednesday nite, drove it home and there it sat in front of my house. I drove my truck to PA for a long 4 day weekend and then again to work on monday. Well today is the first I have driven the car. I took her to work. Got there early to get a good parking space on the end of the lot, moved toward one side of the space and waited there til one of my co-workers parked next to me. I know her and know she would never touch or hurt my car in anyway. Well she only had to work a half day today. After my shift is over I came out to jump in the car and leave and guess what??? You guessed it.... a crappy looking Mercedes SUV with dents and scratches all over it is parked next to me... When the A** got out they smacked my passenger door and now it is off to Dent Wizard I go. Only a dime sized dent but still!! C'MON PEOPLE!! I only have 55 miles on the car!! PEOPLE REALLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE!!
Best part is this is an employee spot only and the SUV does not belong to anyone at work (no parking sticker) I am SOOO pissed right now!! I did return the favor though and left a nice fist sized dent in their driver's side door.
Would have been more satisfying to file a police report and have their insurance cover the damage.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
That sucks , I feel your pain
Old 10-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I would have called the tow truck and told them her car is illegally parked and watch them tow the shit away with your fist dent in it.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
So this is why my dad kept a 2x4 in the car with him...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
6 Shooter
Six Speed Freak

Drives: 2000 LS6 Millennium Yellow Roadster
Thumbs down WOW - Bummer!

I always try to find an empty area in parking lots unless I'm working on a Project @ BGA.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter
Old 10-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
damn that sucks
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
onechuck
Onechuck

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS\RS SC & Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Would have been more satisfying to file a police report and have their insurance cover the damage.
Are you Serious? He did what he should have done, apparently you really don't care. Till it happens to you and I am so sure you are just going to be calm and just call the police.... Yea Right.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
How did you know the guy in the Mercedes is to blame, did you see it happen?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Kelso

Drives: 99 camaro
Id mess up there car too thts bull i mean really u doesnt notice a 2010 camaro parked there

Closed Thread