Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #15
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Nicest Miata I've ever seen!
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Good choice over a Miata...they are kind of femine looking. I were to get a small foreign sports car it would be something like an old Tr3-Tr6 Triumph sportscar. But they were high maintenance. But fun around town. My brother had one in the 1980s.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 05-06-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: ed
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #17
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Congrats on the 1LE! Perfect drivers car!

The MX5 makes me smile more, but the Camaro gets my blood pumping! And the 2019 MX5 is miles better engine wise than the 2018 model and previous which felt lethargic but even the 2019 MX5 powerband is still "cute" compared to Camaro.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:25 AM   #18
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
When I was a kid I thought I wanted a Miata or a small convertible sports car until I sat in a Miata as an adult. The Camaro should feel spacious in comparison. Not to question your choice, but it sounds like you would love a convertible Camaro.
I debated about buying a used ZL1 vs. a new convertible. My love for just cruising with the top down beat out my love for speed.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:30 AM   #19
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I think you made the right choice, the 1LE is bad ass yet still a daily driver in my eyes (minus cold temps, rain and snow (tires can fix) ).

Congrats!!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #20
fadkar

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
What a nice score! I can feel your pain dealing with the Mazda dealerships. What a great feeling it must have been to walk in and find a dream car you (maybe?) didn't consider before.

Just curious what was the price difference between the 1LE and the Miata?
I am originally from Denmark and there the Camaro would be a $ 120k car and a Miata is $ 60k due to taxes.
You're right in that I wasn't even considering a Camaro. I had been out of the car scene for a few years since I was into motorcycles. When I decided to sell it for a car, I thought that a Miata would be the next closest thing so I didn't consider any other vehicle! And now I'm so happy with my choice.

Wow, those taxes are INSANE. I was getting the Miata for $31k and got the Camaro for $39k. With the Miata, I was budgeting to spend an extra $4k on mods to fix a few areas that Mazda skimped on (no Carplay, thin steering wheel, small shift knob, quiet exhaust, etc) so the difference was only a few extra grand! Totally worth it. But in Denmark, that decision would be a lot harder to make!
fadkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #21
fadkar

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone! Coming from a motorcycle, I had no idea that the act of driving can be so exhilarating. Can't wait to have my car back from the PPF shop so I can drive it all over!
Old 05-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #22
fadkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post
Congrats on the 1LE! Perfect drivers car!

The MX5 makes me smile more, but the Camaro gets my blood pumping!
Agreed! Two very different ways of having fun. Glad that we have so many options as car guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim50thSS View Post
When I was a kid I thought I wanted a Miata or a small convertible sports car until I sat in a Miata as an adult. The Camaro should feel spacious in comparison. Not to question your choice, but it sounds like you would love a convertible Camaro.
I debated about buying a used ZL1 vs. a new convertible. My love for just cruising with the top down beat out my love for speed.
I too had the dilemma of getting a convertible SS or the 1LE. I loved being immersed in the outdoors when I had my motorcycle so I know I'd love the convertible. It's a great all around package because you can still enjoy the performance and cruise around when you like.

I just fell in love with how much of a serious racecar the 1LE looked and felt like. It spoke to me in a more emotional way so I went for it. Really can't go wrong either way!
Old 05-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #23
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Nice car and congrats! Both the Miata and Camaro are really nice looking AND driving cars. They are probably my two favorites out there right now. My next car will either be a Corvette, Camaro or Miata. I drive a boring Golf for a commuter right now and have a nice Wrangler for the weekends- need a sports car to fill the void.

I don't know what's up with Mazda though. While car shopping a month ago I test drove a used 2016 Miata Club and it drove great. Then I drove a 2019 Club brand new and the clutch felt so weird- it grabbed literally 1/8 inch off of the floor- almost immediately. I had a 2016 Miata I bought brand new and it never felt like that. I never, ever felt a clutch grab right off the floor like that. I stalled it on the first attempt to take off. So I aborted looking at any more of them of the time being.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #24
Midlifejohnny

Drives: Cadillac Escalade
Did you consider the Honda Civix type R for $37,000. I can seem to pull the trigger. Love the thought of the V8 and all that the Camano embodies however, not as practical a daily as the CTR.. coming from an Escalade ((kids driving and wife has a crossover SUV) i worry about the lack of... well everything. Storage, trunk.. etc. Both excellent cars .
Midlifejohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #25
fadkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Nice car and congrats! Both the Miata and Camaro are really nice looking AND driving cars. They are probably my two favorites out there right now. My next car will either be a Corvette, Camaro or Miata. I drive a boring Golf for a commuter right now and have a nice Wrangler for the weekends- need a sports car to fill the void.

I don't know what's up with Mazda though. While car shopping a month ago I test drove a used 2016 Miata Club and it drove great. Then I drove a 2019 Club brand new and the clutch felt so weird- it grabbed literally 1/8 inch off of the floor- almost immediately. I had a 2016 Miata I bought brand new and it never felt like that. I never, ever felt a clutch grab right off the floor like that. I stalled it on the first attempt to take off. So I aborted looking at any more of them of the time being.
I've read on the Miata forums that there is quite a bit of variance from car to car. I've driven my buddy's 2019 Miata quite a few times and that engages halfway through the travel. I know the clutches aren't adjustable so I'm not sure what can be done to fix it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifejohnny View Post
Did you consider the Honda Civix type R for $37,000. I can seem to pull the trigger. Love the thought of the V8 and all that the Camano embodies however, not as practical a daily as the CTR.. coming from an Escalade ((kids driving and wife has a crossover SUV) i worry about the lack of... well everything. Storage, trunk.. etc. Both excellent cars .
I did take a look at the CTR but couldn't get past the looks. Maybe it looks better in person? I wasn't thrilled with the Camaro redesign either until I saw it in person...

I also won't be daily driving my car so practicality wasn't an important consideration. Coming from a motorcycle, the Camaro is more than practical enough for me for weekend drives

Can you use your wife's crossover for hauling the kids around? If you can use that as the practical car, I'd definitely go for the Camaro. It still has plenty of space for groceries and you can't beat the V8 RWD configuration! And that exhaust......

That being said, if you have to have the practicality for your car, I'd go for the CTR. Best balance of fun + practicality for sure!
Old 05-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #26
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Por que no los dos?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #27
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
When the universe speaks, you need to listen! Congrats on your new dream car, the one that you never dreamed of owning. For what ever reason, the Miata just wasn't in the cards. This may be the best car you never thought you'd own.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #28
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
There are few cars that the look of them annoys me on a very deep level. One is a PT Cruiser with that fake wood on the sides, the other is a clown car Miata. I hate Miatas so much. You made a wise choice, it was a sign that Mazda couldn’t help you, Miatas suck.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote