Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #155
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I will disagree and leave it at that.
Disagree about what? When the term first got conceptualized or when it first was used in the common vernacular?

Sorry, they didn't use that term back in the day in mid to late '60's and early '70's.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #156
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
You like Mustangs now?
Old 06-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #157
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post

Your entire response has nothing to do with what I said, so I can now only assume you have just been trolling/satire posting this entire time. That makes a lot more sense then thinking someone (including you) actually believes what you are typing

Regardless, good to know you are sorry you are wrong. It isn't easy admitting one's mistakes...I'm proud of you buddy!
Thanks, but your posts are like ancient chicken scrawlings. You really should work on your sentence structure and paragraph formation. It's hard to believe you have enough ability to drive a car much less even race a V6 Camaro.

Oh, when I was browsing over on the V8 forums a few moments ago, I was shocked to learn the L99 has even less RWHP than I originally thought. It seems they range from 285-325 rwhp. That's almost stock V6 territory on that lower number. Man, no wonder why you guys are so up in arms towards non V8 owners. We kind of make you look bad for having such a big ole 6.2L. Sorry about that.

Uh oh, I think I hear an AFM lifter clicking, better go check it out. lol!
Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #158
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Sorry bud if your car is as fast as you make it out to be you won’t need special bolt ons. all I’ll have to do is spin the tires a little to much and you’ll have me beat by the way you talk.

At any rate sorry no pinks for me. This car is going to be my daughters one day and while I’m not afraid of loosing to you one bit, my promise to my daughter is far more important to me than you. All it would take is one of my afm lifters failing I’ll still line up with you but not for pinks.
I never stated a bone stock V6 can beat a bone stock L99. Where did I ever state that? More delusional false memories by an SS owner who's stuck with handing down a lifter spitting L99 to his daughter. Poor kid.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #159
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
...And sciatica in the driver's right leg and Arco 87 octane fuel in the tank.

I understand, you've dug yourself so deep into a sh*thole that you're only option is to go down fighting now.

You realize that you just admitted your car is slower, right?
I never said it was faster stock, but with a few bolt-ons and a good E85 tune it would hang pretty good. Get Mace cams and another awesome tune and it would be embarrasing for the L99.

I know the truth sometimes hurts, but that's the way it is sometimes. Don't blame me.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #160
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I never said it was faster stock, but with a few bolt-ons and a good E85 tune it would hang pretty good. Get Mace cams and another awesome tune and it would be embarrasing for the L99.

I know the truth sometimes hurts, but that's the way it is sometimes. Don't blame me.
You seem to have acute napoleon's syndrome, Google it
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #161
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Oh, when I was browsing over on the V8 forums a few moments ago, I was shocked to learn the L99 has even less RWHP than I originally thought. It seems they range from 285-325 rwhp. That's almost stock V6 territory on that lower number. Man, no wonder why you guys are so up in arms towards non V8 owners. We kind of make you look bad for having such a big ole 6.2L. Sorry about that.
The ones with the low numbers were probably very early builds. The problem was they were shipped with low octane fuel. What was happening was the fuel table was getting stuck in low table, even though 93 was put in. There were a ton of complaints about this problem, and the GM engineers got involved. They came up with the solution to pull fuses 5 and 20 so the tables reset themselves. That's where all the fuse pull thing came into play. They have since fixed the problem. Now you know the rest of the story...
Old 06-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #162
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Gringo I was comparing my price vs your price not MSRP quit trying to change that. So yes it does hold up. Exchange rates exist for a reason. What I paid is still what I paid weather it in cad or usd. Also you keep bringing up base model prices....mine is a 2ss/rs with all the addons. Which means it's price tag is considerably more than what you keep quoting, which makes my deal even better.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #163
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:

So you want to buy a base only to sink thousands just to compete when you could have spent the same and got the bigger motor and not voided your warranty........keep the dumb comments coming.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #164
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
Gringo I was comparing my price vs your price not MSRP quit trying to change that. So yes it does hold up. Exchange rates exist for a reason. What I paid is still what I paid weather it in cad or usd. Also you keep bringing up base model prices....mine is a 2ss/rs with all the addons. Which means it's price tag is considerably more than what you keep quoting, which makes my deal even better.
It’s useless he’s too dense...
Mr Gringo, My daughter will still be beating you with 8 failed afm lifters... as ridicules as that is, that’s how I feel 95% of your posts in this thread are. Btw my car is only going to have afm for a short time longer. I’m gathering parts as we speak. And yes at 58,000 miles my afm still works just the way it’s supposed to. I’m upgrading my nice beautiful 6.2 V8 so I can make it even faster than it already is.
To the rest of the V6 guys out there, I’m sure you’re cars are all amazing and a blast to drive. I sincerely mean that, no hate here for the sensible guys and gals that own a V6.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #165
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Disagree about what?
I disagree with you .. I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had such a issue figuring out a simple comment.

Quote:
Sorry, they didn't use that term back in the day in mid to late '60's and early '70's.
Sorry but I disagree with that statement.. Is that clear enough for you or do you need help with clarification again?

Quote:
You like Mustangs now?
Now?? When did I ever say I didn't like them? Do I have to like only Camaros? I've owned Corvettes as well is that not allowed?
Old 06-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #166
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
He saved money on the v6 then tossing into that pos GTA he owns
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #167
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
It’s useless he’s too dense...
Mr Gringo, My daughter will still be beating you with 8 failed afm lifters... as ridicules as that is, that’s how I feel 95% of your posts in this thread are. Btw my car is only going to have afm for a short time longer. I’m gathering parts as we speak. And yes at 58,000 miles my afm still works just the way it’s supposed to. I’m upgrading my nice beautiful 6.2 V8 so I can make it even faster than it already is.
To the rest of the V6 guys out there, I’m sure you’re cars are all amazing and a blast to drive. I sincerely mean that, no hate here for the sensible guys and gals that own a V6.
He can't even talk performance right... he uses google as an information tool to make it look like he knows wtf he is talking about.....he's failing everywhere now.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:54 PM   #168
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:

You wouldn't be fast with any setup....its obvious now your kicking yourself over your purchase. You had to save some money by settling.. to bad. Like you said.. you will have to go the fbo route just to keep it within a bus length or 2. That's the best comment so far .Do your fbo route then let me know.. racing for pinks eh....why would I want your tub to drag home.