Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Willyow

Drives: 13 zl1
Fore fuel system plumbing and wiring

Working on my 13 zl1 in process of installing my dual pump fore innovations fuel system ... I’ve got the electrical side done for most part I’ve tapped into the green/white wire at the fpcm to trigger main pump and have but not installed 5psi Hobbs switch to activate the second pump still deciding wether I’m gonna put Hobbs switch in vacuum line or drill and tap the blower ... the system I’m running will be using the factory fuel rails I will have a 8an line coming from pump to aeromotive regulator -6 from regulator to rail and I’m up in the air on the return I’ve read and been told I can use the factory fuel feed line as return or of course run -6/-8 return back to pump ... I’ve also purchased a flex fuel kit I intend to install in the return line as well ... I’m confused on fuel pressure sensor though I’ve read I can reuse the oem one located by the tank but getting mixed info on where it should be located can I buy a fitting and put it in pressure line coming out of the tank basically where it’s at now ? Or does it need to be after the regulator at fuel rail and extend the harness from fuel tank up to fuel rail ? I understand the fpcm will have to be programmed using hptuners which I have ... I’m sure there’s several that can give me some instructions on all of this !! Thanks in advance for any help !
Willyow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
I'm kind of in the same boat at the moment. From what I have read, you can either leave the FP sensor near the tank and T into your feed line to supply it with a fuel hose. Or you can relocate it into the engine bay and T into something there, but you would need to run some wiring.

During my search, I found that DSX Tuning sells a Fuel Pressure sensor that T's into your schrader valve on the stock fuel rail. But some wiring is needed.

https://dsxtuning.com/collections/tu...ure-sensor-kit

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
brick59
Sucker Punch

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1, 2007 Silverado LTZ
I have a Fore system that I bought from AGP the best place to place the pressure sensor is on or near the fuel rail, you want to be checking the pressure that's going into the injectors. I have mine on the Schrader valve port I'll see if I can find a picture and post it.
427 Dart SHP Pro LS Block, Callies Magnum Crank, Callies Ultra I Beam Rods, Diamond Pistons, AGP twin Turbos 6865, Mast heads, Cam Motion LLR cam, Morel tie bar lifters, Crower roller rockers, NW 103MM TB, ID2600 XDS, Fore Triple, DSX, E85, ARH Turbo Headers, Corsa, Jakes stage 5 4L80, Circle D, RPM Roll Bar, BMR, Carlyle Racing 15" conversion kit.
brick59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
brick59
Sucker Punch

This is my setup the two fittings coming out of the super charger lid are one for the hob switch and the other is boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

Name:  IMG_20171231_145458553.jpg1.jpg
Views: 4646
Size:  188.1 KB
427 Dart SHP Pro LS Block, Callies Magnum Crank, Callies Ultra I Beam Rods, Diamond Pistons, AGP twin Turbos 6865, Mast heads, Cam Motion LLR cam, Morel tie bar lifters, Crower roller rockers, NW 103MM TB, ID2600 XDS, Fore Triple, DSX, E85, ARH Turbo Headers, Corsa, Jakes stage 5 4L80, Circle D, RPM Roll Bar, BMR, Carlyle Racing 15" conversion kit.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #5
dundone

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick59 View Post
This is my setup the two fittings coming out of the super charger lid are one for the hob switch and the other is boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

Attachment 1009054
Where is the wiring of the electronic sensor going? to a gauge or ecm? How are you displaying your fuel pressure now with the new fuel system? I just want to be able to log fuel pressure with my regulator return system, squash pumps, and aftermarkert LSA rails.
dundone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #6
brick59
Sucker Punch

I was using aeroforce dual gauges and had it wired to them now I'm using my HP tuners scanner to monitor everything.