Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2022, 06:22 PM   #29
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil zl1 View Post
No prices coming down any time soon. Stop spreading fake news. Who the hell decides all by themselves to make such statements? They are not in the car business and no clue what they are talking about . There is no supply compared to the demand and most vehicles if ordered take months to arrive no matter what make or model.
This.
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:10 PM   #30
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFW View Post
This.
I will second that!
Old 06-09-2022, 10:27 PM   #31
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
You snooze you are going to lose. Get one now before they are all gone from new, and you are paying a HUGE premium for clapped out used ones.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:33 AM   #32
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
The reason I'd prefer a zl1 is because I spent 5 yrs with my 2ss. Did bolt ons, but still wanted more power. You always get used to your power lvls lol, also, I'd have to put $4-5 grand into the car just to get it where I was with my old ss. New zl1's are 70k + after everything is said and done, that is about 9 grand over budget, so new is kind of out of the question. I can barely swing the used zl1 prices, but its just so hard to justify. I only got 36k for car and after taxes and registration I got 40.7k total for the accident, paid rest of the car off at 13.2k, put $8500 to clear out my debt, and I'm left with 18 grand, gonna try going a month without a car and try to get up to 20k, so that would be my down, so If anyone knows of any deals hmu pls!
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #33
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
The reason I'd prefer a zl1 is because I spent 5 yrs with my 2ss. Did bolt ons, but still wanted more power. You always get used to your power lvls lol, also, I'd have to put $4-5 grand into the car just to get it where I was with my old ss. New zl1's are 70k + after everything is said and done, that is about 9 grand over budget, so new is kind of out of the question. I can barely swing the used zl1 prices, but its just so hard to justify. I only got 36k for car and after taxes and registration I got 40.7k total for the accident, paid rest of the car off at 13.2k, put $8500 to clear out my debt, and I'm left with 18 grand, gonna try going a month without a car and try to get up to 20k, so that would be my down, so If anyone knows of any deals hmu pls!
In your shoes if there is a remotely reasonable opportunity to get a ZL1 and you can afford it, I'd jump on it. Times are unpredictable, the Camaro is going away, if you keep waiting, you won't have one or will either have to pay silly premiums or settle for a beat down one.

While power is indeed never "enough", it can get close for specific cases such as street driving. I am perfectly fine with the 735 rwhp my car makes, if it had significantly more power, I literally couldn't ever floor it under the speed limit (or I'd have to run crazy, half useless tires), and you can imagine what that would mean on the street.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:50 AM   #34
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil zl1 View Post
No prices coming down any time soon. Stop spreading fake news. Who the hell decides all by themselves to make such statements? They are not in the car business and no clue what they are talking about . There is no supply compared to the demand and most vehicles if ordered take months to arrive no matter what make or model.
That's a pretty misguided comment given that:

A) No one -actually- knows the future

and

B) ZL1 prices specifically are ALREADY seeing a bit of hit due to the high cost of the vehicle combined with the super high cost of gas. Local dealers around me have ZL1's that are still in transit and they're advertising them with a discount off of MSRP baked into the price.

If you use the Chevy inventory search, it does not directly show you the specific discounts that dealers are adding - you have to pay attention to the details when you look at the pricing to understand that the "net cost" is lower than what everything total up to according to MSRP.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:04 PM   #35
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
That's a pretty misguided comment given that:

A) No one -actually- knows the future

and

B) ZL1 prices specifically are ALREADY seeing a bit of hit due to the high cost of the vehicle combined with the super high cost of gas. Local dealers around me have ZL1's that are still in transit and they're advertising them with a discount off of MSRP baked into the price.

If you use the Chevy inventory search, it does not directly show you the specific discounts that dealers are adding - you have to pay attention to the details when you look at the pricing to understand that the "net cost" is lower than what everything total up to according to MSRP.
Why would any dealers be discounting from MSRP when 1 to 3 year old low mileage versions on their used car lot are priced higher? It would cost me more money to replace the 2022 1LT I have with a 2020 version than what I paid, even after backing out my employee discount.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 07:36 AM   #36
bef18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I just bought an 18 ZLE with 8600 miles and new tires (manual obv) for 64.8k and thought that was good. 91s and above are all clustered in 70s/maybe very upper 60s. New are selling over MSRP even into the 80s. There is a $7500 diff between ZLE and ZL1. So that would put a ZL1 into very upper 50s at most...and I dunno how often that is happening. I'd probably order new at MSRP like others said. Or you're going to get a used a little under MSRP but maybe 5k miles, for instance. Rates are still super cheap at some places. Got 2.25% after discounts on 84 mo

Last edited by bef18ZL1; 06-12-2022 at 02:04 PM.
bef18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:20 AM   #37
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
Why would any dealers be discounting from MSRP when 1 to 3 year old low mileage versions on their used car lot are priced higher? It would cost me more money to replace the 2022 1LT I have with a 2020 version than what I paid, even after backing out my employee discount.
Frist, you're talking about a TOTALLY different trim level of the car. Your car is in the segment that has the most overall demand. ZL1 is the lowest demand level because of its price.

Second, they bought those used cars for a lot of money, so they have to sell them for a lot of money. Until they have sat on the lot and can go to auction to start being written down, the selling price on them isn't going to drop.

Third, go to a clothing store and try to buy a bathing suit right now. We're just about to officially start Summer and retailers are readying their stores for fall inventory. No different with cars - time to get rid of the ZL1's or they're going to sit there all winter.

Plus, remember that my comment mentioned the inventory tool on Chevy's web site, and there's a lot of "In Transit" inventory that might not hit the dealer lot for at least another month. The dealers want the cars locked up now so they move when delivered.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:29 AM   #38
Mark0Maro

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Where did you hear that these crazy market prices are going to come down in 1-2 months?
I agree. It’s gonna take another a year or two IMO. For the crazy used prices to come down. And I think the shortage of brand new cars will last for at least another year, probably longer.
Mark0Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:44 AM   #39
ScoobtotheNoog

Drives: Where to begin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
I just bout an 18 ZLE with 8600 miles and new tires (manual obv) for 64.8k and thought that was good. 91s and above are all clustered in 70s/maybe very upper 60s. New are selling over MSRP even into the 80s. There is a $7500 diff between ZLE and ZL1. So that would put a ZL1 into very upper 50s at most...and I dunno how often that is happening. I'd probably order new at MSRP like others said. Or you're going to get a used a little under MSRP but maybe 5k miles, for instance. Rates are still super cheap at some places. Got 2.25% after discounts on 84 mo
That's a strong rate, what bank or credit union?
ScoobtotheNoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #40
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Frist, you're talking about a TOTALLY different trim level of the car. Your car is in the segment that has the most overall demand. ZL1 is the lowest demand level because of its price.

Second, they bought those used cars for a lot of money, so they have to sell them for a lot of money. Until they have sat on the lot and can go to auction to start being written down, the selling price on them isn't going to drop.

Third, go to a clothing store and try to buy a bathing suit right now. We're just about to officially start Summer and retailers are readying their stores for fall inventory. No different with cars - time to get rid of the ZL1's or they're going to sit there all winter.

Plus, remember that my comment mentioned the inventory tool on Chevy's web site, and there's a lot of "In Transit" inventory that might not hit the dealer lot for at least another month. The dealers want the cars locked up now so they move when delivered.
Depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in the Southwest and Southeast it's summer year round. And with everyone moving to these parts of the country there is no reason to discount anything.
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:07 AM   #41
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFW View Post
Depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in the Southwest and Southeast it's summer year round. And with everyone moving to these parts of the country there is no reason to discount anything.
"Everyone" moving there? I think not.
Old 06-11-2022, 11:13 AM   #42
Lupine 1LE

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Pull the trigger GM is pressuring dealers not to charge over MSRP. Find a larger deal er that works in volume and you will pay MSRP. I did last month on 1LE.
Lupine 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote