Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2022, 04:55 PM   #12475
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Put your car away for the winter? What's that?
Yeah , I was like you for nearly 30 years.... Now in Michigan..... Karma
Old 10-24-2022, 06:30 PM   #12476
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Wow! I can't believe that you guys have to put your cars away for the winter so early. This time of the year is some of our best weather of the year here in Eastern NC.
It would pain me to have to put my car away for six months every year. Luckily we usually on see snow once, maybe twice a year.
I think it just depends on the person. I live in WI and I won't put my car away until we get salt or salt brine dumped on the streets. That just truly is weather dependant. Some years that's not till Christmas. I could careless about the temps, that's why I run all season tires. It also just kind of depends on what you are used to. I've lived here my whole life and have stored bikes and cars since I had a license. Pretty used to it. It's actually like getting a new toy every spring when you can get it back out. I don't mind it. I could never live in the south, I hate the heat. The trick is to have winter hobbies. Snowmobile, snow shoe, snow board, ice fishing, indoor range shooting... etc.. plenty to do. If all you do is sit around waiting to get your car back out... Sure... it will be a long painful wait.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:59 PM   #12477
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I think it just depends on the person. I live in WI and I won't put my car away until we get salt or salt brine dumped on the streets. That just truly is weather dependant. Some years that's not till Christmas. I could careless about the temps, that's why I run all season tires. It also just kind of depends on what you are used to. I've lived here my whole life and have stored bikes and cars since I had a license. Pretty used to it. It's actually like getting a new toy every spring when you can get it back out. I don't mind it. I could never live in the south, I hate the heat. The trick is to have winter hobbies. Snowmobile, snow shoe, snow board, ice fishing, indoor range shooting... etc.. plenty to do. If all you do is sit around waiting to get your car back out... Sure... it will be a long painful wait.
There is nothing "fun" with winter outdoor hobbies. Unfortunately, I have a dog that really doesn't like winter either. He's a Florida pooch and relocated with us. He'd rather be swimming in our old pool than trying to poop in the snow. We would pretty much "store" our cars (hot rods and old muscle cars) in the summer because of the daily thunderstorms and intense sun. This is the time of year all the car shows, cruise-Ins got cranked up. Thanksgiving was the Turkey Run.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2022, 07:07 PM   #12478
nametaken

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Few days ago moved into its new home (14x22 garage) still a work in progress but a lot closer now with the floor done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know I seen it posted somewhere on here, but where did you get the grill 1LE badge, it looks great.
nametaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:31 PM   #12479
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Angry

Well it was Saturday, took her for a Cruze, in the NW Az Desert , getting her break in mileage. Weather is changing here in the Desert mid 70s and cool nites 50s. Cruze in /Car shows starting up it's the season. Before Wild horse pass motorsports park formally Firebird raceway closes next April , I may take her out . I raced earlier in the year Summit ET racing series with my then 22 Camaro SS 12.17 @115 .
Closest track will be Tucson Raceway almost 3hr drive
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2022, 10:05 PM   #12480
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Installed the APR front splitter
Attached Images

sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:29 AM   #12481
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I hear you. I think I would be the same way. The temperature wouldn't matter to me, but the salt and brine on the road would. And I'm sure storing vehicles does become something you do get used to. Sort of like storing my PWC for the winter here. I also get that bringing the car out after a long winter is almost like having a new car. I would feel the same way.

I'm not a fan of the heat either. And the older I get the more I dislike it. So for me it's about four months of the year that is hot and humid hear in NC. Other than that the rest of the year is fine. Even the winters. We rarely get temperatures in the winter below 28 degrees. And right now is the absolute best time of the year here for me. High temperatures in the 70s and low temperatures in the 50s.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:55 AM   #12482
sklippi2018

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Took a drive to Roanoke to watch daughter's soccer game.
Attached Images

sklippi2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #12483
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
Drove all over doing errands/appointments/picked the kid up from Junior High. The rain has started...
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:28 PM   #12484
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nametaken View Post
I know I seen it posted somewhere on here, but where did you get the grill 1LE badge, it looks great.

Emblem pros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:07 AM   #12485
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Had my detailer do his great work and had the ppf in front of the rear wheels redone.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:00 PM   #12486
SSDanos

Drives: Camaro 2SS 1LE
Put on some Eibach lowering springs

Put on the Eibach PRO-KIT lowering springs for the 1LE (.7" drop)

Technically it was Wednesday, but today is the first day I could get a picture even though it's potato quality.

So far I'm loving the look and the ride.
Attached Images

SSDanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:54 PM   #12487
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanos View Post

Technically it was Wednesday, but today is the first day I could get a picture even though it's potato quality.

Nice stance and looks great without the extra gap.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 03:42 AM   #12488
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanos View Post

Single biggest issue I have with my 1LE right now is that huge freaking gap. Only positive is that I haven't scraped the front end anywhere.

Just worried about putting on lowering springs affecting the new factory warranty.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote