Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 02:44 PM   #26069
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
That was really cool!! And you weren't kidding about the traction not being there. Thanks for the ride.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:58 PM   #26070
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Plugged it back in. Haven’t been able to drive it for nearly 3 weeks now. Streets are completely white with salt buildup
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2023, 09:35 PM   #26071
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Plugged it back in. Haven’t been able to drive it for nearly 3 weeks now. Streets are completely white with salt buildup
Yep I finally plugged mine in too. I went most of the winter without it hooked up but it won’t stop raining here long enough to get it out. Mine has has 100% never been driven in the rain in its entire life.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:39 PM   #26072
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Yep I plugged mine in too. I went most of the winter without it hooked up but it won’t stop raining here long enough to get it out. Mine has has 100% never been driven in the rain in its entire life.
That’s awesome. My vette’s like that. Never seen rain. But the Camaros, once in a while, I’ve been caught. Although this one with such low miles, the previous owner claimed never seen rain. It’s a road trip car for the wife and I though, so I don’t think it’ll stay that way much longer
Old 03-16-2023, 07:39 AM   #26073
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
That’s awesome. My vette’s like that. Never seen rain. But the Camaros, once in a while, I’ve been caught. Although this one with such low miles, the previous owner claimed never seen rain. It’s a road trip car for the wife and I though, so I don’t think it’ll stay that way much longer
Our street rods and race car never saw rain or not even taken out of the shop if there was a cloud in the sky for that matter. When the wife and I were discussing what car to get or build to replace our Harley last year I thought long and hard about building a First Gen but then I thought I know how I am and we'll hardly drive it. I didn't want another car so nice it never left the shop. I wanted something that we could drive on road trips and not worry if it were to get in a rainstorm. We landed on the Fifth Gen and although it hasn't been out of the shop all winter due to the snow and now rain, I am itching to get behind the wheel. If we get caught in a rainstorm while on a trip that's one thing but I still can't bring myself to intentionally bring it out on these roads until after a couple of good rainstorms to clean the winter crap off the roads. We've had a lot of rain over the past couple of days so I think the roads are ready now. Come on spring. I'm ready to get behind the wheel and go.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:57 AM   #26074
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Man...if I waited to never have a cloud in the sky to drive, I'd never ever get to drive mine! I also dont make it a point to drive in the rain, but if I get caught out...meh...after all, if you dont enjoy it, whats the purpose of having it?
Old 03-16-2023, 08:25 AM   #26075
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Our street rods and race car never saw rain or not even taken out of the shop if there was a cloud in the sky for that matter. When the wife and I were discussing what car to get or build to replace our Harley last year I thought long and hard about building a First Gen but then I thought I know how I am and we'll hardly drive it. I didn't want another car so nice it never left the shop. I wanted something that we could drive on road trips and not worry if it were to get in a rainstorm. We landed on the Fifth Gen and although it hasn't been out of the shop all winter due to the snow and now rain, I am itching to get behind the wheel. If we get caught in a rainstorm while on a trip that's one thing but I still can't bring myself to intentionally bring it out on these roads until after a couple of good rainstorms to clean the winter crap off the roads. We've had a lot of rain over the past couple of days so I think the roads are ready now. Come on spring. I'm ready to get behind the wheel and go.
i had a car like that would not take it out if even a forecast or 25% or high rain it never left and i now wont drive my camaro in the rain on purpose but if i get caught in it so be it.....if it has snowed this year and salt went down my camaro would never had been out but luckily ive driven mine all winter on nice days.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:34 AM   #26076
1JEWLDSSRS

Got some new red CF pieces for the interior to break up all the black CF pieces in there. Only got 1 piece installed, it came last month, and the radio/ac kit was just released. They look pretty cool!! The radio/ac kit is the same shade as the gearshift cover, the pic is just dark because the light wasn't good in the kitchen. lol.

Name:  Red Carbon 1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  192.0 KB

Name:  Red carbon 2.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  89.0 KB

Old 03-16-2023, 05:13 PM   #26077
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
YEAH BABY!!!! LOVE THAT !!
Old 03-16-2023, 06:03 PM   #26078
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SS Godfather View Post
YEAH BABY!!!! LOVE THAT !!
lol, thanks. I did the steering wheel center and trim around the buttons in the red CF also, just don't have a pic yet. Hope to get it all installed this weekend if it doesn't rain AGAIN!! I keep her covered when she isn't going out because the rain always comes from the westerly direction and the gusty 30-40 mph winds along with the storms. My house faces the west.I only have a carport, no garage!! lol.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:10 PM   #26079
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Scanned all the modules with my new foxwell- reasonable from aliexpress- scanner will check.
Found out to my surpise my suspension had some codes.
There was no lights on the dash at all or codes under the usual type scanner.
It said right front suspension position sensor was shorted to 12v and another similar problem.
Rock auto to get a $50 part. It did fix the problem no more codes and ride was restored. It was riding very rough and when hitting bigger bumps made a WHOMP like I hit a curb at speed, every time was a cuss thinking I was about to break something doing that.
Today was finishing front door Infinity Kappa speaker install and tweeter.
The tweeter wasn't worth it. The Kappa's I think I'll like. More clear than the boston acoustics which are mediocre at best to me. They have loud but not so much on the clear.
The door panel gave me more trouble with removal and installation than any other I've done. Mainly not paying attention how the top row of clips are. Others I've done just hung on a lip at top not pulled out horizonally on so many clips.
Got a compliment at Popeyes, driving it for enjoyment since I've not had it out much. That power to merge safely in around traffic is enjoyable. I thought my v6 was enough but this plugs you into so many more openings without effort.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:40 AM   #26080
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Got some new red CF pieces for the interior to break up all the black CF pieces in there. Only got 1 piece installed, it came last month, and the radio/ac kit was just released. They look pretty cool!! The radio/ac kit is the same shade as the gearshift cover, the pic is just dark because the light wasn't good in the kitchen. lol.

Attachment 1122870

Attachment 1122871

nice work my brother! impeccable detail.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:44 AM   #26081
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Man...if I waited to never have a cloud in the sky to drive, I'd never ever get to drive mine! I also dont make it a point to drive in the rain, but if I get caught out...meh...after all, if you dont enjoy it, whats the purpose of having it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
i had a car like that would not take it out if even a forecast or 25% or high rain it never left and i now wont drive my camaro in the rain on purpose but if i get caught in it so be it.....if it has snowed this year and salt went down my camaro would never had been out but luckily ive driven mine all winter on nice days.
Yeah, we had many a changed plan if it looked like rain. Like you guys, I won't necessarily head out in the rain but if I get caught in it not a big deal. Plus the wife thinks she'd like to do a couple of road trips in the Camaro and that's more than likely where we'll experience some weather. Generally when we travel we have our coach and flat tow our LS powered Jeep but a few short trips in the car may be fun. I just don't care to stay in hotels and prefer to travel in our coach.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:42 AM   #26082
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
nice work my brother! impeccable detail.
Thank you sir!! Much appreciated..

Closed Thread