Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2023, 07:38 AM   #29
OB0001
2018 SS A8 11.85@117.06

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS A8 "Dark Knight"
not going to happen in our life time, oil is in everything we wear and use every day
Old 04-28-2023, 08:06 AM   #30
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Of course this thread would go political with opinions. As a society we are heavily invested in oil and the many byproducts. We are many years away from elimination of ICE vehicles for most us in our lifetimes.

Whether performance vehicles go up or down in ownership will depend on how expensive fuel becomes in the future. We have already seen how geopolitical events affect the price and even who occupies the Whitehouse. To be sure we can expect going forward ownership of performance ICE vehicles will be based on the pocket book issues.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 12:38 PM   #31
455Rocket

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1
Always going to be a small market for the rich powerful elites who want a V8 sports car, it's just that the world they envision has the pathetic little working people driving electric station wagons.
455Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:25 PM   #32
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Um…yeah
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:39 AM   #33
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
https://barnfinds.com/2k-mile-1le-19...et-camaro-z28/

Bottom Line Up front: I wouldn't mothball a "collectable" car for some marginal appreciation against inflation. I'd regret having barely enjoyed it for the last 30 years.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:10 AM   #34
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
My ZL1 is not my DD , but I'm not going to preserve it , for someone else to enjoy .

As far as Petroleum, it's used in 100% of everything we consume, It was a major roll player in advancing the human race into the industrial revolution,.
I seriously doubt the powers to be that are pushing the elimination of Petroleum, are willing to go thru there daily activities, without the use of it. That would more or less put us back pre industrial revolution and before, mid 1800. No paved roads , no electricity . Back on horse's.
Just don't see that happening.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:46 PM   #35
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
My ZL1 is not my DD , but I'm not going to preserve it , for someone else to enjoy .

As far as Petroleum, it's used in 100% of everything we consume, It was a major roll player in advancing the human race into the industrial revolution,.
I seriously doubt the powers to be that are pushing the elimination of Petroleum, are willing to go thru there daily activities, without the use of it. That would more or less put us back pre industrial revolution and before, mid 1800. No paved roads , no electricity . Back on horse's.
Just don't see that happening.
Your point is spot on and terribly inconvenient to the simplistic "just stop burning fossil fuels" approach of addressing climate issues. You can't just pump crude oil out of the ground and make whatever you want out of it. Gasoline and diesel fuel are inevitable byproducts of oil refining and if they aren't "used" then the other products you reference would skyrocket in cost and skyrocket is putting it mildly.

As usual, they haven't thought this through.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:01 AM   #36
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
You can't just pump crude oil out of the ground and make whatever you want out of it. Gasoline and diesel fuel are inevitable byproducts of oil refining and if they aren't "used" then the other products you reference would skyrocket in cost and skyrocket is putting it mildly.
If this is true then that means it will be cheaper in the future since demand will be down but production shouldn’t be down much since we need it for other stuff. Honestly what I don’t understand is why oil companies don’t lower the price right now in order to sway people who are on the fence about whether or not to get an electric car next. I bet a lot less people would buy them if gas was <2.50 a gallon.

Also if the government REALLY cares about lower c02 emissions then they should give incentives for new gas cars as well. Newer cars are significantly more efficient than older gas cars.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:07 AM   #37
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
There'll be gas powered vehicles on the road long after I get to room temperature..... Not a concern for me. I'm certainly not making purchase decisions based on the future..
Old 05-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #38
TheEnthusiast

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 6MT
The same people pushing for EV's are also the same people who want cows to stop farting.

They are completely detached from reality. A butter knife is sharper ffs.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:29 PM   #39
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
When the oil embargo of 74 hit I was working for a ford dealership. All these late 60 early 70's car were running around. The dealer put out a strict trade in policy of no muscle cars or modded cars will be taken as trades. you could not sell them. Learn from history.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 09:47 AM   #40
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
EVs will not make us less dependent on fossil fuels.
For sure. Americans will still buy large vehicles to run the kids around for sports. Sunday morning here, and watched the caravans hit the road. I am 100% certain this will lead to recruitment and 8-figure contracts for all the kids involved. Skip the homework. Kick the ball.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 10:46 AM   #41
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
The government will do the same thing they are doing with freon. When the time is right, they will gradually restrict supply (like they are doing now, unless it's an election year) and
start adding additional taxes (carbon tax, etc) to "help" you decide that an EV is in your best interest.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:57 AM   #42
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
When the oil embargo of 74 hit I was working for a ford dealership. All these late 60 early 70's car were running around. The dealer put out a strict trade in policy of no muscle cars or modded cars will be taken as trades. you could not sell them. Learn from history.
It was hard for me to pick a prior post to quote to open my comments... so Ill pick this one.
Im sure your referring to the skyrocketing value of those muscle cars once the purely political results of the embargo cleared. I too am old enough to have been working then. There are always winners and losers in these events. I started driving at 32 cents a gallon for high test. in 1973. I was pumping gas during the embargo and my families tanks were full. I was the guy tasked with putting the cone on the "LAST CAR" and staying there for an hour as the line depleted or the pumps ran dry. People were giving me $5 to move the cone to their car... so they could wait in line for an hour to get $2 worth of fuel.
Todays climate crisis is no different. Entirely political reactions to a debatable reality. The reality of climate science is irrelevant to the argument. Once you observe the "do as I say not as I do" tyrannical response from self appointed global "leaders" as they jet accross the globe patting each other on the back before returning to one of their multiple castles in places like Martha's Vineyard... on the beach no less....
But my real point is the winners and losers....
The EV is 100% loss for America. Loss of freedom... loss of choice through dictates... loss of jobs is not something new.
Who wins?... China for sure. They control something like 90% of the battery production right from the slave labor mining to the slave labor manufacturing. They are doing ZERO to curb "climate change" while actively promoting the US shift to EVs. Other major beneficiaries to a shift in the US towards EVs include Russia. As they control a majority of other raw materials involved in the battery production.
Meanwhile.... seen any EV farm tractors lately? Tractor trailers?
No? But wait... The same climate controllers are forcing farming restrictions that will put small farms out of business. Likely to be bought up at fire sale rates by mega corporations. Seen the Dutch farmers protests?
Its all the same people pushing all of this.
Now its "15 minute cities"... they want us herded into cities where our entire lives can be spent within 15 minutes of where we are forced to live against our will. Because climate change.
These people do not care about the effects of climate change on your life as far as weather flooding your homes... or heat causing crop failures... or whatever... that is obvious because their policies require a huge reduction in the global population. Not by some scheduled population control... But by starvation. They plan for you to eat bugs. Thats their solution.
No meat... because meat production is not "sustainable".... now too they are after rice... great.. thats only the main food staple for the vast majority of the planet.
These sort of master population schemes have been going on for most of history... most notably a few movements in the last 100 years in a couple of countries where several hundreds of millions of people were systematically killed by the policies and actions of their own governments. Some are still in power.
This is not about EV power or ICE power...
Its about the power to control the people.
Im not ok with any of this. Regardless of what I drive.