Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #43
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmys525 View Post
Thanks for all the points guys!
First of all i don't think i'm pampered and have been spoiled all my life...
During elementary school my parents sent me to a charter school for a few years and everyday i'd wait about 30-45 minutes for my dad to leave work and drive his beat up toyota camry that was about 15 years older than the newest model at that time.
And i drive my mom's 05 camry le to school everyday and haven't gotten any tickets, crashes, anything bad. I grew up living in an old/decent neighborhood but we've moved around atleast 2-3 times in one year and now we live in a gated community about 30 minutes away from my school. But i still manage to keep a 4.3+ gpa with all honors and ap classes.

They do make me pay for anything i want and recently made me sold my xbox360 if i wanted a car.
Also, they're price matching whatever scholarships i get- if i get $1000 in scholarships they'll give me $1,000 cash.

I don't know what people think i would be pampered if my parents don't want to get me a used car because when they bought their first used cars they would break down on the highway or require maintenance constantly so they don't want me to go through all of it. A new camry le is about the same price as a base camaro 2010 give or take 1,000. Around 21,000 for both of them.

By the way, i used to accelerate from 0-45 after the light turns green in the old camry and now the car requires the user to push down on the pedal harder because the engine is a little bit messed up now. Also i got a warning for doing it so i've changed. I changed from driving fast not saying how fast to taking my time and driving around 45 everyday now. I understand what my consequences would be if i drive reckless with a car.
Story of my life.

But thanks again everyone for the pros!
Forget the Camaro, forget the Camry.... you need this !
Old 11-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #44
Treadstone

Seriously though, even the C6 is a 300 hp car. Too much for your average kid. And I'd say you were spoiled b/c instead of working and getting your own car, you are driving your mothers car. How does your mom get around while you are at school?

Seriously, why the hell do kids act like them getting good grades in school is 1) a tough accomplishment and 2) like working for something (like having a job)?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #45
jimmys525

Drives: None
Well i'm not an avearge kid i guess. My mom doesn't get around when i drive to school, exactly why my parents are buying me a car- besides, she's a stay home mom.
I guess you got straight a's on a schedule with all ap classes and spent an hour a day traveling to school and back? If you did then congratulations you deserve a good college and a good job.
jimmys525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #46
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post

I'm not a parent but if my kid came up with that one I'd laugh in his face.

How old are you? No offense you sound Young. You don't want a 2010 Camaro as your first car, you wotn be able to appreciate it. Get a junker, your first car will likely get beat up and wrecked. Save some cash, and get yourself a Camaro in a few years whe YOU can afford it and you can appreciate it.
hey thats what i'm doing, best of luck to you, your going to need it
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #47
Treadstone

Quote:
Well i'm not an avearge kid i guess. My mom doesn't get around when i drive to school, exactly why my parents are buying me a car- besides, she's a stay home mom.
I guess you got straight a's on a schedule with all ap classes and spent an hour a day traveling to school and back? If you did then congratulations you deserve a good college and a good job.

Bringing out the "AP classes" routine. This is exactly what I am talking about. AP classes don't make you special. All AP does is get you through college a little quicker.

HS grades don't mean anything, it's a joke. Get to college and that's where it will mean something (barely).

I guess you are more important and deserving than your mother. Talk about assed backwards...
Old 11-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #48
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I'm 17 and the Camaro will be my first car (should be here in 3 weeks), but i get out of school at 11:50 and go to work and will make the payments on it. My dad will be cosigning but thats it.. (but then again my dad did buy a used f150 off a friend for me to drive until i could afford my own vehicle.. But he'll easily resell it for what he paid..) But yeh good luck man.. But hey heres an idea.. Instead of wasting time asking strangers how to convince your parents to buy you a badass car.. Go make some money somehow.. Save it.. And then get whatever you want..

Somebody (idk who) said... Beggars can't be chosers..
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #49
jimmys525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post

Bringing out the "AP classes" routine. This is exactly what I am talking about. AP classes don't make you special. All AP does is get you through college a little quicker.

HS grades don't mean anything, it's a joke. Get to college and that's where it will mean something (barely).

I guess you are more important and deserving than your mother. Talk about assed backwards...
I guess you're contradicting yourself about saying its easy to get grades and then saying college isn't is school? If highschool doesn't mean anything, then how do colleges figure out if you're their type of student that should attend their school. Are the sat scores not important?
But anyways i digress, so does your posts. Please refrain from using bad language and please read my original question for this post.
And by the way i have my own job where i make more money than my friends per each hour but my parents want me to concentrate on my school work rather than working.

Last edited by jimmys525; 11-04-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Apparently one of my setences was uncool
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #50
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Its ok to be jealous if your parents didn't get you a decent car when you grew up.

Thats not cool bro.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #51
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I dont even know what to say. This is awkward.
tyler20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #52
jimmys525

Yeah the posts are getting off topic. All I wanted to know what would a salesman say to me to convince me to get the car without me actually talking to one right now so I can make up my mind on what car to get, not what people think that if I'm eligible for the car or not. It's none of peoples business to judge when they don't know anything about my life.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #53
LSXgirl

Drives: turbo'd 4 banger
Why do they NOT want you to get one?
LSXgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #54
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
im not gonna lie. i wanted my first car to the a SRT4 or something like that. a tuner. but they gave me a Mazda Protege for a reason. so i can learn some lessons on my own. because they knew if i had gotten my dream car. i wouldnt had careless for it.

Now in December. hopefully ill have a 2010 Camaro Parked outside..garaged.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #55
Achenar

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Black/Black LS3
I guess this argument really depends on the parent's value system, not to say one is superior or "more correct" than another.

I didn't even get a car until I graduated High School and got a job; my parents gave me a 1990 Toyota Camry... in 2002. I swear that thing broke down every month. All my money from part-time work while in college went into fixing that hoopty. After it blew up, I was given an equally crappy 93 Accord 4 door. It failed to pass smog a year later.

At any rate, from my perspective, having a first car that even runs is pretty awesome, that being said... camrys suck.
Achenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #56
jimmys525

Yeah I understand not getting the dream car as the first one.
My parents just don't really trust any cars besides the camry.