Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #57
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHURRY View Post
I thought the moss act was a law?

It is a law, slightly vague but it does offer some protection. Follow the link in the first post of this thread and read up on it.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #58
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Yea and? You still have to prove the aftermarket part didnt cause the failure. Do you know what kind of a long and expensive process that is? Now more than ever the manufacturers are going to be keeping a close eye on these performance cars for abuse and mods.
wouldn't it be the same with them too????
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #59
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Um, no. They arent the one with a broken car.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #60
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Um, I'm pretty sure that if THEY are voiding the warranty then THEY
will haft to prove that your part caused the failure, not the other way
around...rite?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #61
1sickss

Quote:
Um, I'm pretty sure that if THEY are voiding the warranty then THEY
will haft to prove that your part caused the failure, not the other way
around...rite?
thats what im thinking, but it's just like cops and the judge's. They plant a bag of weed in your car who's the judge gonna believe you or the cop? Same thing with the dealers and the manufactures. they will always find a way its your fault. bottom line to cover your butt, pay to play if your worried about the warranty
Old 11-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #62
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Yea and? You still have to prove the aftermarket part didnt cause the failure. Do you know what kind of a long and expensive process that is? Now more than ever the manufacturers are going to be keeping a close eye on these performance cars for abuse and mods.
I am certain it is the other way around... The service techs have to prove it caused the failure... And even then it would only be for the part in question not for the entire drive train... If you put on a CAT back or axle back and something in your exhaust fails then you are probably not going to get covered but if the fuel pressure regulator or your door hinge failed they would have to prove the new exhaust caused it and I am pretty sure that can't happen... I took my car to the dealer I bought it from and the service tech was just like "Number 3" so I politely and respectfully asked why GM sold aftermarket parts and got the same extremely defensive response... I mentioned the M&M act and he said he would be glad to research it and call me back. Of course I never expected to hear back from him but I did. While I was sitting in another dealer's service department he called me and told me that I was partially correct in that they would have to prove the part I installed caused the failure... he even asked if they could install the part for me... Granted this is for a simple bolt-on part. If I had cams/heads done there is no way I would even ask GM to cover any engine related issue. But a CAT/axle back exhaust void my entire warrantee????
DC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #63
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-SS View Post
I am certain it is the other way around... The service techs have to prove it caused the failure... And even then it would only be for the part in question not for the entire drive train... If you put on a CAT back or axle back and something in your exhaust fails then you are probably not going to get covered but if the fuel pressure regulator or your door hinge failed they would have to prove the new exhaust caused it and I am pretty sure that can't happen... I took my car to the dealer I bought it from and the service tech was just like "Number 3" so I politely and respectfully asked why GM sold aftermarket parts and got the same extremely defensive response... I mentioned the M&M act and he said he would be glad to research it and call me back. Of course I never expected to hear back from him but I did. While I was sitting in another dealer's service department he called me and told me that I was partially correct in that they would have to prove the part I installed caused the failure... he even asked if they could install the part for me... Granted this is for a simple bolt-on part. If I had cams/heads done there is no way I would even ask GM to cover any engine related issue. But a CAT/axle back exhaust void my entire warrantee????
Agreed!...From all the reading I've done on warranty's...This is exactly how
I take it.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #64
1sickss

Quote:
Agreed!...From all the reading I've done on warranty's...This is exactly how
I take it.
i would have no problems with this what so ever. their excuse is that the car was built for 425 hp not 500 if u put headers,intake,xpipe, tune and exhaust, it will render the longevity of the motor for sure is what i heard.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #65
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
well number 3 thats all cool but we've been waiting 5 MONTHS for the GM CAI's that should have been out in 2nd quarter 2009, i know things don't go always as planned but they should have had those parts ready to go when the car hit the market. People would have bought them then just becuase they were the only CAI available and later switched maybe to an aftermarket with better gains

anybody got any news on those CAI?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #66
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

From what I read on here a couple weeks back there were NO gains
over the stock air box with the GM CAI.