Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #113
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler20c View Post
Top gear is a great show, don't bad mouth it until they actually test the camaro. Maybe they will see what we see, an amazing car. Also, I heard that GM was giving them a hard time with letting them use a car, they might have to buy one like they did the challenger. But I also heard it will be on this season, season 14 I believe.

top gear is a comedy show with a big budget that use cars as comedy props, if you are watching TopGear to find out what car to buy next then I feel sorry for you and anybody else who takes that show seriously.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
Old 11-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #114
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
You're probably right... I will block out anything he says about the interior. But I want to see him find a car for this price... with this power! And if he says he didn't have fun in it... he's lying!

Rag all they want, I just wanna see it on their track!
He ragged the Z06 Vette even though it was the best bang for the buck.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #115
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I like the show. It's hilarious, very well made, and the three hosts have great (if contentious) rapport.

But Clarkson especially doesn't like American cars, and also seems to forget the 'value for money' factor, often comparing a ride he's ragging on to something $30,000 (or more) more expensive than it is.

Hammond has a fondness for American cars, but he's rarely given his say on screen, without allowing Clarkson to immediately hand-wave his opinion.

So I'm not expecting a fair review for the 2010 Camaro from the Top Gear guys. What's I'm hoping for is that we'll get that wonderful squirming from Clarkson when the US car is good and he's trying desperately not to admit it.

The look on his face and the sound of his voice when the Corvette went 'round the track faster than the Ferrari 550 or the Pagani Zonda was priceless.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #116
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Ease up on the Top Gear dudes. They're still bitter that their ancestors got their a**es handed to them by a bunch of Farmers with pitch forks during the revolutionary war!
Hey SSOOCH,

I worked on a rig off of Egypt and we had a Brit electrician. I was always told you could tell a Brit from a Scot by their accent. If you could understand them, they were Brit, if not, Scot... Well that's not entirely true. If they are from Liverpool, no one from anywhere else can understand them... So, this guy goes off on a tangent about the fact that us "bloody Americans" have never fought a war on our own soil... to which I fired quickly back, not since we kicked you ars'es out... to which he replied "it was our soil..." and so I invited him to come and try to reclaim it... and sent him away with "your only speaking butchered english cause we, "Bloody Americans" were invited into the war by the Japanese.
He still won't speak to me...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #117
vee8

Drives: Ford
Mark it down. They will hate it. They will rag on it for being too heavy, hate the sound of it, loathe the interior and bash it for not being able to see out of it. Mark it down.

Even though they hate most american cars, I like the show. It's well done, and whether I agree with them or not, they do know their stuff.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #118
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
not for anything but clarkson loved the zr1, even said he was going to buy one. jeremy realized that the cadillac was actually a good car too and said some nice things. now you also need to take into consideration that these guys have driven the best cars in the world and it can be hard to put it into perspective. another thing, clarkson owns a ford gt and loves it. now i love america as much as the next guy but if you can put your pride aside for one hour, you realize its actually a great show
Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #119
marin7076

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformer
Jeremy owns a ford GT. He will say something about the blind spots the weight and to much plastic on the interior. It's a show with a lot of tongue and cheek. I'm sure no one is buying a car off their recommendations
Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #120
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
Haven't heard yet, but oh man get ready for Jeremy to bad mouth it

He talked bad about the Viper, Corvette, ZO6 (to a certain extent), and XLR. The only car he really didn't talk bad about was the Ford GT, and the ZR-1.

I hope Richard does the segment, he seems to like muscle cars more
<3 Hamster
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #121
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang50 View Post
f' Jeremy
Jeremy for Prime Minister!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #122
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
They bitch about any car that isn't right hand drive. I like the show but they will rip into it over styling and say it's all american blah blah blah. Maybe if they get the "executive express" It might stand a chance.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #123
TIMMY22

Drives: camaro
It will be interesting to see what Clarkson thinks of the Camaro

As fans know he has a big thing for the Vauxhall VXR8, which
we all know is just a re badged Holden HSV R8 (Pontiac G8 Gxp)

Really in a lot of ways the Camaro is just a short wheel base
Zeta platform Vauxhall VXR8 which Clarkson so admires!

So if Clarkson turns around and bags the Camaro you really
have to ask what gives....is he really that anti-Amerian ????

Vauxhall VXR8 - Top Gear

Last edited by TIMMY22; 11-16-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:17 AM   #124
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Ease up on the Top Gear dudes. They're still bitter that their ancestors got their a**es handed to them by a bunch of Farmers with pitch forks during the revolutionary war!
Jeremy bad mouths all American Muscle cars it seems. His bad mouth matches his equally bad teeth. TopGear is actually a pretty bad car review show in my opinion. To each his/her own I guess.

Last edited by DkknightX; 11-16-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 AM   #125
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold5000000 View Post
not for anything but clarkson loved the zr1, even said he was going to buy one. jeremy realized that the cadillac was actually a good car too and said some nice things. now you also need to take into consideration that these guys have driven the best cars in the world and it can be hard to put it into perspective. another thing, clarkson owns a ford gt and loves it. now i love america as much as the next guy but if you can put your pride aside for one hour, you realize its actually a great show
Pride? Those guys can't give any American cars a fair shake and then have the audacity to bathe us in the worst stale, dry British humor ever for an hour? I think that show is a complete joke. As much as I like the BBC and their media, shows like Topgear are hardly objective and repeatedly show their love for domestic and even European cars, but American cars? Simple, unrefined, unsophisticated, gas-guzzling Western garbage. I wouldn't allow them to review my Hot Wheels collection let alone my Camaro!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:46 AM   #126
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
I love the show. Pure entertainment.

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, challenger, gear, top, vette