Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
kylorc

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS
May have to put it away for a LONGGGG Time

So, two nights ago I was pulling onto the highway. This was a two way highway and I had a yield sign. One car was coming and I thought I had plenty of time and pulled out. At most, the car had to slightly slow down, and they had a passing lane to the left. The next thing I know, the lights came on and I was getting pulled over for Failure To Yield. I got a fine even though I had no record previously. I am 18 years old, and if I get points onto my liscense, my insurance will go up to a ridiculous price. I will have to stop driving my car for nearly 3 years until I can pay the insurance. I am pleading not guilty and trying to get the points taken away, so please wish me luck!!! It will be the saddest day of my life if I can no longer drive my car.
kylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
try and plead it down... Don't freak about the insurance so fast, if you don't have an accident and don't give them a reason your insurance company does not run your license every year, so they very likely won't find out about this ticket for a long time.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
kylorc

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS
Well, my dad drives around 300 miles almost everyday for work and has accumulated quite a few speeding tickets throughout the years which doesn't help. I'm just hoping to plead it down like you said.
kylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
Booster

Drives: 2010 Lincoln MKS
Ask the to plead it to Impeading traffic. It's a non-moving violation that still carries a pretty hefty fine. Most cities are more worried about the money more-so than they are the points, that is unless you have a bad record. It sounds like you are clean so make sure to go in well dressed and be respectful to the judge.
Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
kismyss

Drives: CGM 2SS Roto-Fab CAI, Mach XL CAT
get a lawyer it usually only cost couple hundred bucks and they can get them dismissed
at least thats how it is in texas
kismyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylorc View Post
Well, my dad drives around 300 miles almost everyday for work and has accumulated quite a few speeding tickets throughout the years which doesn't help. I'm just hoping to plead it down like you said.
Your dads tickets won't count as points on your record. But like they said try pleading down. See if Traffic school could be a possibility? It's boring as hell but I went to it and had a hit & run taken off my record. I was 18yrs old at time of my hit and run! I got lucky there! Then again there was no injuries and only minor damge to both vehicles! But this was a way for the countie I was in when the accident happened to make a little extra money with all the fines and traffic school costs. That's probably what will save you. If the city or county has an oppertunity to make a little extra money and the cops and judges are not total pricks that will probably be your best route if your not wanting it to tarnish your record. But if you had no other problems on your driving record then don't worry to much. I'm sure it won't be to bad! If they do bring up your pops lead foot then tell him to help pick up the tab on your insurance since it's his lead foot causing most of the problem. But just chill and try paying a litlle more attention to the rules of the road and be safe and enjoy your sweet ride!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Take a safety course approved by your state and show the judge and maybe he will let it go, or maybe the cop wont show to court and your case will be dismissed.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Depending on your ins company they may not find out about your ticket.

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Talking a lawyer to a civil traffic case is pointless and worthless and NOT worth the money.

You have a 50/50 chance of beating the ticket. Having a lawyer for a civil infraction increases your chances of defeating the case by 5%.

Make a court date. If the officer fails to show, you are golden. If he does show, be humble, police, clear, concise, direct and make eye contact with the magistrate. Be matter of fact. It was night time and you are a new driver. DIscriminating approach distances and speed is most difficult at night and especially with a novice driver. State that you did indeed yield, yet didn't realize you had not allowed for the appropriate lead time permitted for the approaching driver which caused to him having to unnecessarily brake, impeding his progress which led to the officer citing me for this offense.

Should throw it out or reduce fine, no points.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #10
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Freak out much?
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #11
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
If ya go to the judge and plead your case, chances are that he will be understanding. When you go, be very prepared, dress like a nerd and have a parent with you. DONT over exadurate the situation and that you now have a better understanding of yielding the right of way. NO LAWYER! Oh, and dont bring up that you were driving a Camaro, he may not even notice what type car you were driving.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
71cam

Drives: 71cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylorc View Post
One car was coming and I thought I had plenty of time and pulled out. At most, the car had to slightly slow down, and they had a passing lane to the left.
Hmmmm, I think you said it all. You said the other car could slow down and had a passing lane....sounds like you are assuming if you make a mistake the other person will fix things for you by not hitting you. What if the other car is thinking that you will not pull out. Driving is serious business. We always learn from our mistakes. Good luck
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #13
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
Don't take a lawyer, sounds like you were at fault since you stated the car would have had to at least slow down. Plead guilty with explanation and you should be able to have it dropped to impeading. Be smart with the car
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Talking a lawyer to a civil traffic case is pointless and worthless and NOT worth the money.
Actually... I had wreckless driving ticket and got a lawyer... Lawyer went in and talked to the prosecutor (or who ever) and got it so if I didn't get another ticket in 6 months they would throw out the wreckless... I was surprised... The lawyer then tells me, "They see you paid me and they figured that was enough punishment." LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote