Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #15
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
that's cold and heartless
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:12 AM   #16
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
That sucks man, seen it happen a lot.

What do you do if you don't mind me asking?
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #17
C377
Wannabe Camaro Owner

Drives: Camaro 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
Friday afternoon,I'm still in shock. I guess if your the highest paid employee in a small company these days your a target. All the lower salary guys where asked to take pay cuts. Meanwhile the owner lives in a huge new home on the Intracoastal with his Big boat docked in the backyard. Greed is not good. 6 years of excellent effort and work and this is how I'm thanked 2 weeks before Christmas.
I do not know what business you are in, but after 6 years you probably know the inside/outs of it.

Open up a company and give the guy some competition.(if you have the money and you feel like it)

On the upside you will have more time to enjoy the beast

I wish you all the best.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #18
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Sorry to hear that man. Sometimes, what you think is a step backwards is the first step in the right direction. Keep the chin up and things will be ok. Good luck!
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
You are not alone! My wife has been laid off for the most part of a year now. I am stuck paying the bills. I too have a been hit with a hefty pay cut. Companies are all the same anymore, the owners and top execs just get richer. No raises for us this year, but the big boss is taking home $20000 more! Fu**em'!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #20
Alabama

Drives: 2ss RS 8cyl Manual Rally Yellow
My advice is, COMPANY LOYALTY IS FOR SUCKERS, go out to the highest bidder, work for MONEY. Been in the field a long time. Seen lots of good employees let go. 2 bankruptices in companies I've worked for. Closed doors in a heartbeat. While the fat cats took the money and run. HOPE & CHANGE? Ha, Lot of people HOPING for a JOB and COUNTING thier CHANGE. Burns me up!
BTW, the last time I got screwed over. Went into business for myself. Just over 5 years ago now. "In all labor, there is profit". King Solomon.
Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #21
Round Rock Cobra

Drives: 06 Infinity, 66 Shelby Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
Friday afternoon,I'm still in shock. I guess if your the highest paid employee in a small company these days your a target. All the lower salary guys where asked to take pay cuts. Meanwhile the owner lives in a huge new home on the Intracoastal with his Big boat docked in the backyard. Greed is not good. 6 years of excellent effort and work and this is how I'm thanked 2 weeks before Christmas.
Hey man, I hate to tell you but you are not alone. Try being laid off in this economic time because of a personal vendetta. It happened to me. You will be fine but know it normally takes a month for every $10K dollars of income required.:(
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #22
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
This is one of those threads that I never know what to say. I hope your situation is one where you can take a little time to sort out what direction you want to go in. If the last job wasn't meeting your career goals, maybe life gave you a (not so gentle) nudge to up your game to the next level. Things might look dismal now, but six years experience will put some power in a resume. So take a deep breath and enjoy the time off during the holiday. Then get ready to kick some job hunting butt, and go grab that better opportunity! Who knows, six months from now you may see your old boss and thank him for pushing you toward something greater.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
Diabel1969

Drives: 2010 2SS, A6
Sorry to hear that.. They always seem to do that crap right before the holidays for some reason.... I don't know what you did or where you worked, but i'd be thankful that you didn't invest more of your life than 6 years!. I know it's already been said, but when one door closes, another opens. It may not be the same salary, etc, but it will.. Good luck to you...
Diabel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
swansor

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Sir, I don't know what to tell you that's going to be of any comfort. But there is an old saying, "When one door closes, another door opens." Best of luck to you, and I hope you're still able to have as Merry a Christmas as possible.
+1

Hang in there. An better oppurtunity will come your way.
swansor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #25
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
Jdanza, sorry that the Grinch had knocked at your door, but lets hope that Jack Daniel doesn’t fallow. We all are in hard times and I feel for you and your family cause I’d been there before. With the holidays ahead I know you will be at your best and good will come out of this bad situation. I’m counting on it, so does your family and friends and the camaro5 family.
Krozzbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I wish you well. I will never understand getting rid of people during the holidays. Even if the company needs to, would it hurt to wait. Good luck, and the best of luck.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #27
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Sorry to hear you lost your job. It's going to be a tough transition but now you are free to explore your opportunities. Take the time to really evaluate what you want in life and make a run for it.

Make the best of the next few weeks, enjoy the season and time with your family. 2010 is going to be a banner year!

Best Wishes
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #28
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
that's cold and heartless
Freicken BS!!