Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #29
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
I was told the officers are sent a subpeona prior to the court date with the information...
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #30
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearcamaro View Post
Man up and pay the ticket. You openly admit in here you screwed up and now you are looking for a way out. My Wife got a ticket for being ten over the speed limit last summer. Do you think we were sitting here planning and plotting a way to get out of it? No Pay the thing and move on with your life and be more careful. Just my opinion.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
No, lawyer up and fight it. Here in Massachusetts, you get points and a surcharge. The points raise your insurance rates on every vehicle that your name appears as a driver. I have three vehicles. The surcharges kick in when you reach a certain point number. you must pay a seperate bill for that above and beyond your raised insurance premiums. I know that there are cops on this site reading this. So officers, how do you drive your SS's? Do you natter along at the speed limit? Do you never drop the hammer? If that is the case, why wouldn't you drive Smart Cars? I will admit that most of the cops that have pulled me over have been fair. There is a big difference between a sixty foot run at 3 am and a sixty foot run at 3 pm. She could not clock your speed and unless you were doing a burnout you were just accelerating to the limit. I would fight it and not admit to speeding. If there is a way out, take it. The raised insurance premiums take six years to go away in the Bay State. When this happened to me, I payed raised premiums eighteen times. Three vehicles times six years. Before we had this system, I would just pay the fine when caught speeding. This merit law changed the game. The police around here know that they are also raising your insurance when they issue a ticket. I see an active speed trap daily from my shop. The police get honest folks on their way to and from work or lunch break for speeding right outside of my window. The road has two lanes in each direction, and is divided and the limit is forty. They hide between the median strips and bag anyone over forty.
no such thing as speed traps. when my SS gets here I will drive it like every other person drives theirs. do what this guy says and you will get hammered for the speeding.

the cop gave you a break by not writing you the speeding ticket on the spot, be grateful, pay it and get over it. next time, look around before you decide to drop the hammer on the car.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #31
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

RANT*

And now I must make a blanket statement that isn't directed at the OP. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Why are these situations somehow always the cop's fault. Cops don't put people into situations remember, and they don't have to cut you a break all the time. Don't understand how people get nabbed doing something wrong and it's all about, "How do I get out of it? Or That jerk cop wrote me a ticket."

END RANT*
+++++++1
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #32
Goldman

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I am thankful that I got a break, I will be happy to pay for that $100 if not for those points (a good lesson learn). However, before when I lived in Maryland, I got 1 ticket that I pleaded guilty with explanation. With a clean record, I just paid the fine without points getting take off.

I want to do the same thing here, but what do I said in court? I guess I can just say I have a clean record without mentioning any of the detail. Around this area driving within 10 miles above the speed limit is usually ok, but since I was right in front of her, she had to do something.
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #33
gjordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman View Post
I want to do the same thing here, but what do I said in court? I guess I can just say I have a clean record without mentioning any of the detail.
You should be allowed to plead no contest, which just means you are accepting the judgement as is without admitting guilt.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #34
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Use a ticket company and be done with it.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #35
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
How about this, you did break the law so pay the fine. I never understand how people cheat, steal and do other things when they are in the wrong.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #36
Goldman

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks for the information guys, appreciate it. Just want to mention I wasn't trying to get out of it. I am a careful driver, I just want as minimal damage to my record as possible.

I am going to plead no contest/guilty and hopefully the judge will be nice about it.

Btw, for Virginia, when they give you a ticket, a court date is also scheduled on it. It is pretty efficient.....
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #37
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Your in the worng so try getting it down to a no point violation unsafe driving or someting like that. cops are always dicks seeing as how my tax dollars pay for your radar,car gun bulliets etc. and overtime you should give as many breaks as needed
Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #38
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Why NOT fight it? Our legal system says INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. It doesn't matter at all what you did or whether a "break" was cut. If the offense charged can't be PROVEN, then you're off the hook. Most likely it won't work because courts and cops are gov't run business in collusion, but worst case you'll still have the same citation plus a court cost ($60?).
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #39
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Quote:
I know that there are cops on this site reading this. So officers, how do you drive your SS's? Do you natter along at the speed limit? Do you never drop the hammer?
They ignore the law and count on the "professional courtesy" (also known as hypocrisy) of their fellow officers.
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #40
dave7378

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM L99
[QUOTE=Alain;1359777] do what this guy says and you will get hammered for the speeding.
QUOTE]

I disagree. Anytime I have gotten a ticket I give it to my attorney and at the very least he has gotten it reduced to no points. It is the only reason I have a clean license. Insurance kills you after you get a ticket. I would advise at least talking to an attorney familiar with traffic court in your area and following his or her advice.
dave7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #41
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
No, lawyer up and fight it. Here in Massachusetts, you get points and a surcharge. The points raise your insurance rates on every vehicle that your name appears as a driver. I have three vehicles. The surcharges kick in when you reach a certain point number. you must pay a seperate bill for that above and beyond your raised insurance premiums. I know that there are cops on this site reading this. So officers, how do you drive your SS's? Do you natter along at the speed limit? Do you never drop the hammer? If that is the case, why wouldn't you drive Smart Cars? I will admit that most of the cops that have pulled me over have been fair. There is a big difference between a sixty foot run at 3 am and a sixty foot run at 3 pm. She could not clock your speed and unless you were doing a burnout you were just accelerating to the limit. I would fight it and not admit to speeding. If there is a way out, take it. The raised insurance premiums take six years to go away in the Bay State. When this happened to me, I payed raised premiums eighteen times. Three vehicles times six years. Before we had this system, I would just pay the fine when caught speeding. This merit law changed the game. The police around here know that they are also raising your insurance when they issue a ticket. I see an active speed trap daily from my shop. The police get honest folks on their way to and from work or lunch break for speeding right outside of my window. The road has two lanes in each direction, and is divided and the limit is forty. They hide between the median strips and bag anyone over forty.
Drive it like I stole it!...don't be so bitter..

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #42
eynigush
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSRS Rally Yellow
Here in California, highway patrol writes over 80% of the tickets. I have yet to meet a CHP officer that shows leniency to ANY officer. Not only is ILLEGAL to try and use my badge to get out of a ticket, but it is unethical and could cost me my job. Yes some may abuse the badge, but it doesn't represent the majority of officers that put their lives on the line every day for a lot less than some of you think we make.

So before making any stupid comments that generalize a certain "group" of people, please think before you speak. Think of the things these "hypocrits," as you called them, do for the community.

--Eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
They ignore the law and count on the "professional courtesy" (also known as hypocrisy) of their fellow officers.
eynigush is offline   Reply With Quote