Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
KateVrroom

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Excuse me , offense taken!
I believe i said other senses, since when did looking at color or feeling for pulses and checking cap refill become a sixth sense?
Look, you've gotten lots of opinions to take. Do what is right for you. I feel a standard littman that you can hear breath sounds well with and heart sounds well with will do you fine, no need to spend lots of cash if you are struggling right now.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have been a medic for 18 years and have worked ER, Field ems and flight care. I can tell you that from what you are expected to recognize, the Littmans are the only way to go and the 2's and 3's are good. As some have brought up, as long as you know what you are looking for as far as lung and heart/ bowel sounds....they should suffice for what you need. I have a master cardiology 2 SE. I can hear mitral regurgitation on the road in the back of an ambulance.......They all take time to get used to.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateVrroom View Post
I believe i said other senses, since when did looking at color or feeling for pulses and checking cap refill become a sixth sense?
Look, you've gotten lots of opinions to take. Do what is right for you. I feel a standard littman that you can hear breath sounds well with and heart sounds well with will do you fine, no need to spend lots of cash if you are struggling right now.
My dad has a congenital heart defect and he goes into atrial fibrillation on a whim. He also had a stroke last year--hey, he's getting old. Point is that I've been to the ER probably 10 times in the last few years and I've seen a lot of doctors. When I meet an ER doc that can "tell what's wrong by looking at him", that come across as jaded, rushed, and apathetic.

My $0.02.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateVrroom View Post
It wasn't directed towards you. It was directed towards the person who hasn't been using one. There's nothing wrong with using a stethescope along with your other senses, but not using one at all is just a lack of doing your job properly.

That's just my opinion, and I'll back off now before I have to ban myself.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Thanks for all the advice! Ended up going with the Master Classic II after talking to my instructor about it. I'll get a pediatrics scope for my jump bag after I finish my training and get into the field.

Mods, this thread can be closed now.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Closed Thread