Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Is the Camaro with it? (Read in Thread)
Yes 64 85.33%
No 11 14.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #29
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Why is it you can pretty much guess the age and number of post of the OP just by reading the thread title.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #30
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Yep, it's worth every penny that I pay every month. I have no regrets whatsoever and plan on keeping this car until I can no longer drive it.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'd wait a couple years if I were in your situation. In a year or two you will probably be in a much better financial situation and can afford a higher down payment and increased monthly payments, shrinking the payment period down by a couple years. Generally, I prefer to buy things with money I have, not money I hope to have 3 years from now.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 AM   #32
ObseSSed

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Invest. If you really want to create opportunity for fun, invest now, buy later. You are young and if you invest now, in your 30s you wont have to ask us that question, you will just buy the car you want. If you buy cars at the limit of your income, you will never get ahead.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #33
BUMBLE B

Drives: 99 Z28 CONV and 2010 SS
You only live once...if you love the car...and can afford it...get it. Mine has caused more gauking and others to almost drive off the road as they are shocked by its good looks! My old 'Vette didn't turn heads like this SS does. Soon the Gov't will shut down these 6.2L toys...so get while the getting is good ( and available). In 5 years we'll be lucky if Government Motors allows anything bigger than a 4 cylinder!!!
BUMBLE B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 AM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE B View Post
You only live once...if you love the car...and can afford it...get it. Mine has caused more gauking and others to almost drive off the road as they are shocked by its good looks! My old 'Vette didn't turn heads like this SS does. Soon the Gov't will shut down these 6.2L toys...so get while the getting is good ( and available). In 5 years we'll be lucky if Government Motors allows anything bigger than a 4 cylinder!!!
In 5 years there won't be any reason to call it Government Motors
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #35
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigglesworth View Post
Sup peeps. Just joined this forum to ask camaro owners a question, specifically the ones who bought their camaros financially or through long-term payments.

im 19 years old. my job (UPS) is my only source of income. I want to get the new 2010 Synergy v6 LT1 Camaro but through like 5-6 years of payments. I've done some calculation and im able to handle the payments and save up some money to do shit but is it really worth giving up 5-6 years of my life not saving up as much money as i wud w.out buying it?
Keep in mind there will be ongoing maintenance costs too, and most likely very high insurance rates, amongst other expenses. Personally, if you can handle the payments and not worry about living expenses, and you have a backup plan if you can't make payments (parents), then go for it. It took me 43yrs. to be comfortable enough to make such a big purchase for a car. But, I can afford the car, upgrades, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc... without it being a hinderance on my lifestyle or other responsibillities.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #36
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Keep in mind there will be ongoing maintenance costs too, and most likely very high insurance rates, amongst other expenses. Personally, if you can handle the payments and not worry about living expenses, and you have a backup plan if you can't make payments (parents), then go for it. It took me 43yrs. to be comfortable enough to make such a big purchase for a car. But, I can afford the car, upgrades, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc... without it being a hinderance on my lifestyle or other responsibillities.
Yay for the necro.

But if anyone ever asks this question again. I'd tell them to hold their breath. Now ask the question is it worth it to breath? If not, well then problem solved. Of course this car is worth it... every SINGLE penny.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #37
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSS View Post
who the hell voted no?
Mustang-drivin trolls.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
Mustang-drivin trolls.
I am neither a Mustang driver, nor a troll.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #39
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSS View Post
who the hell voted no?
Mustang owners??
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #40
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I am neither a Mustang driver, nor a troll.
Pfft... 13,000 posts... you're a troll. Oh wait... "Moderator"... never mind.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #41
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Thumbs up 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
WAY TO GO !!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #42
fisherssmoke

Drives: Black SS
Dude man, I was driving a friggin powder blue Gremlin when I was 19. I could care less who was watching as long as I could talk some chics into going with me to the drive in. I think I gave 500 bucks for it. What a trip. Wasnt long after I found a 82' Mustang with T-Tops. Bottom line...just get what you can afford

Tags
biggles, worth it