Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
nickmccally

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Then either go talk to the dealer and get a better price, or go get the " hella faster" Mustang and maybe you'll get lucky and not have the same problems you're having now.

The Camaro is the hottest thing under the sun right now. No outside difference from the 10 to the 11, kinda like your "hella faster" Mustang. That might be the reason you can already get a 11 Mustang at invoice and not a 10 Camaro??

Just saying, that's all.
Or it could be my family friends own the Ford dealership where I've bought 3 cars and they know I'll come back. The 2011 Mustang won't be able to stay in stock for several months, bub. I'm not getting into the Mustang Camaro fight. They both have their down sides and up sides. End of story.
nickmccally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
Too bad the mustang's rear is freaking hideous!! And it's a Ford, they break down allll the time. Get a car drop shipped, especially if you live in florida. I live in NJ and got well over 1k under invoice.
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #17
gregus73

Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmccally View Post
I've owned 3 new mustangs now. None of them have had this many problems, its gotten so bad now the tranny is going out, rotors are messed up, exhaust leak, broken door handle, blown speaker, etc all right now. It's been in the shop 5-7 times already.

Anyway, the 2011 Mustang is fast, with 12.6 in the quarter and 4.4 seconds to 60. Thats quite a bit faster than the Camaro. HOWEVER, I love the exterior of the Camaro (although I like the mustang interior much better..)

They have a black 2010 Camaro up at my local chevy dealer that I'm interested in. The sticker is $37k and he said thats what they are going for, definitely not going for invoice (AND IM PRETTY SURE they are going for invoice or very close to it..)

Not to mention, isn't it 2011 time? I am biased, I love Mustangs but would be willing to switch to a Camaro if I get the right deal. Can you guys help me figure out what a $37k camaro SS should go for? (out the door minus the titling and what-not)

It honestly depends what you are looking for.
I have seen 2SS's with all the bells and whistles go for this amount.
You can also pick up a 1SS for the low 30k's.

I have owned 2 Mustangs, and admit that I really like the look of the 2010 Mustang GT.

The handling is what does it for me with the Camaro.

This no comparison between the two cars. The steering is very tight and, the Camaro is a true sports car. I let my mom drive it the other day.... and she compared it to the 911 Porsche that my father had, when I was young.

I never get tired of the exterior looks of it.
The interior feels much tighter as well.

Test drive both..may want to toss the challenger in there too..
gregus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
lol, bub.

The camaro is popular and dealers know it. I feel it was a stretch to say Hottest thing under the sun. but it is very popular and most of the greedy dealers mind set is if you dont buy it for thier price somebody else will. Same will go for the 2011 mustang. My local ford dealer wants 3k down to order a 11 and that 3k is just to order. It does not get knocked off the MSRP when the car comes in.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #19
nickmccally

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
Too bad the mustang's rear is freaking hideous!! And it's a Ford, they break down allll the time. Get a car drop shipped, especially if you live in florida. I live in NJ and got well over 1k under invoice.
Quality check - Ford is doing better than anyone in quality in the industry. I got a bad car, it happens. I'm kind of lucky because now they have to pay me more money because of the loss.

I've have 3 Mustangs this is the only one that has ever been in the shop.

The 2010 Camaro is nice, the 2011 Mustang is nice. I'm a mustang guy but willing to go Camaro if the price is right. I'm sure there is a good price around somewhere.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #20
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
Quote:
Quality check - Ford is doing better than anyone in quality in the industry. I got a bad car, it happens. I'm kind of lucky because now they have to pay me more money because of the loss.

I've have 3 Mustangs this is the only one that has ever been in the shop.

The 2010 Camaro is nice, the 2011 Mustang is nice. I'm a mustang guy but willing to go Camaro if the price is right. I'm sure there is a good price around somewhere.
I love the mustang, Its sad yours didnt work out. I wanted a 10 more than I wanted my next breath, but then I saw the 11' and the 10 just felt sorta like settling. Then I saw the camaro, then I drove a camaro, now im a convert.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #21
j0hnny007

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
The 2010 Camaro is not the hottest thing under the sun, in a month there will be an '11 and 4 months ago I saw them going for invoice on this forum. I can get a 2011 Mustang GT at invoice and its hella faster (probably for buying 3 brand new cars in the past 2 years at the dealership). But still, you get my drift.

Looks to me as if the Camaro isn't worth my time. I won't pay sticker, end of story.
after i saw this post the only thing that came to mind was :troll:
j0hnny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
nickmccally

I'm super selective when it comes to cars and the Mustang and Camaro are my only choices. I don't really like anything else. I love both cars, just have more respect for Ford.

Once again, I absolutely love the Camaro.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #23
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
I get I can build one, but why is this dealer stuck on selling it at MSRP is my question.
shop around and be aggressive with your homework and research.
i got mine for
SUPPLIER COST.

period.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #24
nickmccally

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
shop around and be aggressive with your homework and research.
i got mine for
SUPPLIER COST.

period.
PM'd.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
I confess-waiting for Camaro and Mustang pricing

I am a GM guy, so it would be a major shift for me to buy a Mustang. However, I am impressed with the 5.0 engine. But if the Mustang costs more than a Camaro, no deal, I will look no further and order a 2011 Camaro.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
Quote:
I've owned 3 new mustangs now. None of them have had this many problems, its gotten so bad now the tranny is going out, rotors are messed up, exhaust leak, broken door handle, blown speaker, etc all right now. It's been in the shop 5-7 times already.

Anyway, the 2011 Mustang is fast, with 12.6 in the quarter and 4.4 seconds to 60. Thats quite a bit faster than the Camaro. HOWEVER, I love the exterior of the Camaro (although I like the mustang interior much better..)

They have a black 2010 Camaro up at my local chevy dealer that I'm interested in. The sticker is $37k and he said thats what they are going for, definitely not going for invoice (AND IM PRETTY SURE they are going for invoice or very close to it..)

there is a post on the forum i saw about an hour ago.member is selling his modded 500rwhp black ss for $37,000.
Not to mention, isn't it 2011 time? I am biased, I love Mustangs but would be willing to switch to a Camaro if I get the right deal. Can you guys help me figure out what a $37k camaro SS should go for? (out the door minus the titling and what-not)
there is a black SS for sale on the forum modded to 500rwhp.just saw it on a post about an hour ago.he is asking $37,000 for it.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #27
nickmccally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
I am a GM guy, so it would be a major shift for me to buy a Mustang. However, I am impressed with the 5.0 engine. But if the Mustang costs more than a Camaro, no deal, I will look no further and order a 2011 Camaro.
The 2011 5.0 is about 1-2k cheaper.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
First I own a new Camaro, That said, it rubs me the wrong way when I hear FIX OR REPAIR DAILY(FORD), all cars break down. I have owned many Mustangs and never had one to break-down. The car is no better than the person that drives it, and if you don't take care of it, it won't take care of you. So, unless you have owned a ford that broke-down a lot, I dought that, you shouldn't make those types of statements.
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote