Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #15
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
That's what you get for living in freakin' misery...er Missouri.

Major cities care far less about that kinda BS. They will still use that if they are bored at night...but usually, they're only looking for the ones driving like jack-holes.
The sad part is I live in St. Louis County. And I drove a 350Z for 5 years, and I admit, I WAS kinda dumb when I first got it.

These guys didn't used to be like this.

I got on it for a matter of SECONDS. Heres how fast I was going, I did this between two lights on a highway that is two lanes each way with big shoulders on either side and separated by a BIG grassy median, I got on the road at one light, went through first normally, rolled another 5mph into 2nd, laid into it at around 3/4 throttle for a matter of SECONDS, then hit the brakes WAY before the next intersection which was the ONLY place anyone could have pulled out in front of me.

In the meantime, I was going SO FAST, that he had time to turn around, at the light I JUST went through, and he pulled up behind me RIGHT as I rolled to a stop at the light. The distance between the two lights was AT BEST a 1/4 mile.

Which is why the first thin he came up with wasn't speeding. And even IF magically I hit 70, there is physically NO WAY I could have been doing it for more than a second. I didn't have to slam on my brakes (nor was I a douche and just coasted, I opened it up, and shut it down).

Meanwhile btw look at the thread where an ex cop does almost the EXACT same thing and gets away with it. And I wasn't even maintaining that speed like he was.

I wasn't being careless, there was NOBODY near me that I was putting at risk in the 3-4 seconds this whole thing lasted.

And like I said, he didn't even pretend that I was really doing 70, he rightly assumed (if you've ever been to clayton you'd understand) that I'd lose more money taking time off work to wait for them to wade through the damned junkie docket before getting to the traffic docket (oh but they read off your name before hand so if you aren't there to sit through it you get a warrant). All that just to hope a judge doesn't say tough sh*t and slap you with the fine AND points.

Risking points alone prevents most people around here from fighting it, and they know that.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #16
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
The law is the LAW. Obey it and stop making excuses. It doesn't matter if people are around you or not. You don't decide how to interpret the law as it is not open for interpretation by anybody that is NOT in law enforcement.
Indescent_Exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #17
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot View Post
As a college grad applying to a county police department, I must say I find threads like this where people bash county police officers quite frustrating. Not to single out the OP of this thread, but in general people like to blow things out of proportion as far as how the cop treated them. I've gotten pulled over for BS things in my Camaro as well as in my Cobalt SS/SC. It happens. To be honest, you should be glad the police are proactive in your community- one day if you need their help, you'll be glad you have such an active police department to rely on. Please respect those who risk their lives daily for your safety

I got for the po-po's ! But around here in San Diego.. They're everywhere you dont need them to be, and no where when you need them. lol.

Me and the wife were on a highway and she got pulled over for driving the speed limit in the center lane.. instead of the far right lane. No traffic what so ever.. i dont think i saw a car for atleast 10-12 miles. I thought that was kind of dumb..

BUT yes I dont mind the cops. Theyre there to do a job, so i dont pity anyone who gets a deserving ticket. As unfortunate as it may be, of course.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #18
balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot View Post
As a college grad applying to a county police department, I must say I find threads like this where people bash county police officers quite frustrating. Not to single out the OP of this thread, but in general people like to blow things out of proportion as far as how the cop treated them. I've gotten pulled over for BS things in my Camaro as well as in my Cobalt SS/SC. It happens. To be honest, you should be glad the police are proactive in your community- one day if you need their help, you'll be glad you have such an active police department to rely on. Please respect those who risk their lives daily for your safety
Hey man, go back and look, I have nothing but respect for cops and I've defended them more than once on this forum alone. But when I say "huh?" and you just turn around and go write me a bigger ticket. THAT is bullcrap.

And somehow I'd be more inclined to buy the "proactive" comment if they were bustin the MASSIVE amounts of meth-heads instead of writing tickets, and then bigger ones when you don't have your hand out waiting for the ticket when they get back.

I didn't mess with this dude (I'm smarter than that) all I did was kinda, jaw drop and say "huh?"

Call it my shock that such a vague stupid law as "rapid acceleration" exists.

Who determines what rapid is? Well, tonight, a trooper in a pissy mood.

And thanks for making sure I can't even vent (I'm paying the ticket for f sake) without suddenly turning this into me bashing them. Did you even read the last sentence? or the other guy saying "well don't speed jackass"...learn to read, jackass.

Jesus...
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 AM   #19
balthazar

Oh and by the way I forgot this little gem. As he's walking up to my window another car going FLYING past doing 70 if he was doing a mile, and he does this PAST a cop, and with a loud exhaust, and as the cop is asking for my license I still hear this guys exhaust blaring away down the road. Didn't let off for a second.

SUPER
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 AM   #20
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
Hey man, go back and look, I have nothing but respect for cops and I've defended them more than once on this forum alone. But when I say "huh?" and you just turn around and go write me a bigger ticket. THAT is bullcrap.

And somehow I'd be more inclined to buy the "proactive" comment if they were bustin the MASSIVE amounts of meth-heads instead of writing tickets, and then bigger ones when you don't have your hand out waiting for the ticket when they get back.

I didn't mess with this dude (I'm smarter than that) all I did was kinda, jaw drop and say "huh?"

And thanks for making sure I can't even vent (I'm paying the ticket for f sake) without suddenly turning this into me bashing them. Did you even read the last sentence? or the other guy saying "well don't speed jackass"...learn to read, jackass.

Jesus...
Who the hell made you police commissioner? Telling the police that they should be tending to drug related cases instead of stopping repeat traffic offenders? Wow, thanks for the advice Mahoney!! You are an absolute clown.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 AM   #21
balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indescent_Exposure View Post
Like I give a damn what you reply to. Pay your dues/tickets, stop whining, and obey traffic laws. The "Sympathy Train" was decommissioned a long time ago, genius.

Do you understand why police "quotas" are in place? The politicians of the town you had the infraction in TELL the police officers that if they don't figure out a way to assign tickets to those even remotely disobeying the law, they would lose vacation time, and other perks officers would normally get or expect to receive. Why do them any favors? Is there a problem with my grammar too? Is the guilt too much for you to bear?
So far 2 of your 8 posts have been spent trash talking after your inability to read.

Listen carefully, because after this you are going on my ignore list.

I...was not...speeeeeeeeding.

I...have a ticket...for something...I did not doooooooo.

I don't think there is a crayon/construction paper font or I'd give that a shot.

If I were speeding, I might feel guilty. But since I wasn't...I kind of just think you need to learn how to read better.

The good news is, from now on all your posts will be one line and be comprised of "post hidden". Which is super.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #22
balthazar

"This message is hidden because Indescent_Exposure is on your ignore list."

That's much better.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #23
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
I wonder which mod is gonna come sweep through this one and BAN Indecent_Exposure....sure hope it doesn't take long, I'm loosing brain cells reading his unnecessary comments...
Old 04-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #24
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Your "speeding" is completely subjective. Go ahead and continue to ignore the truth and the law. Now I can say "I told you so" after you get locked up for slamming into a van loaded with people because of your stubborn pride in interpreting your own version of traffic laws where in your reality, your interpretations are always right. I'd laugh at you as you get hauled away in cuffs buddy! Bahahahaha!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #25
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indescent_Exposure View Post
Your "speeding" is completely subjective. Go ahead and continue to ignore the truth and the law. Now I can say "I told you so" after you get locked up for slamming into a van loaded with people because of your stubborn pride in interpreting your own version of traffic laws where in your reality, your interpretations are always right. I'd laugh at you as you get hauled away in cuffs buddy! Bahahahaha!!!!
Overboard much? You should check into getting some English classes, they help with run-on sentences.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #26
balthazar

Aw crap when someone quotes him I can still see the crap.

And how the hell do you interpret a speed limit. Sign said 55. Speedo said, I dunno, ok, may 57? It isn't the easiest to read so, ok...where'd the other 13 go? Maybe the speedo stopped working. Or maybe it displayed the speed in some sort of, I dunno...puzzle format. Maybe it read Cat-Mango-Revolver and that means 70 but I thought it meant ~55. *shrug*

As for a mod, eh honestly I don't want them to have to do the extra work.

Should have ignored his ass sooner. And I know that.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 AM   #27
PbFoot

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post

Jesus...

I didn't mean for my response to be necessarily directed at your post, as I stated in my first response. The problem with saying the police have nothing better to do then hand out tickets, is it's coming from your perspective. Are you riding with police officers while they are patrolling? In police work, there is a large amount of downtime in between calls. Depending on how late at night this was, as well as how many calls there were, the officer might have been looking for traffic violations while waiting for his or her next call. I didn't mean to turn your thread away from it's original purpose, and I am sorry if I have done so. I was merely pointing out that it is important to consider the situation from the officer's prospective; it's not like police officers can simply patrol the streets and run into people doing meth. It is much more common however, for an officer to cite for traffic violations. One more point in regards to your post- Police work requires the use of discretion, and in using their discretion they must be able to articulate why they chose to do what they did in court. In any case, I know how it feels to be pulled over for something you do not necessarily deserve, and i'm sorry you were unfortunate enough to have this happen. Goodluck in the future, and try to have fun while being safe.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 AM   #28
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Overboard much? You should check into getting some English classes, they help with run-on sentences.
Oh, am I detecting hints of envy from you, ABM?! Only the jealous and inadequate would dare change the subject from blatant disobeying traffic laws to challenging my skills in English grammar and sentence construction.