Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #85
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Why don't you just send John Cox an email then or talk to him like I did.
Like I said - whatever dude

I'm not taking your word on what you thought you heard over a posted made by GM that says body colored LIGHTED trim kit - if there weren't lights available with this, it's pretty clear a division in GM getting paid tens of millions on this stuff wouldn't make such a blatant mistake as that. They wouldn't have included that word - this is the last post I'm going to reply about this until the dealer kits become available
- if your right, enjoy your blue back lit yellow interior kit
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #86
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Like I said - whatever dude

I'm not taking your word on what you thought you heard over a posted made by GM that says body colored LIGHTED trim kit ....
Then don't come around here looking for answers!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #87
swifttal

Quote:
Then don't come around here looking for answers!
I'm not the one looking for answers - what you are doing on the other hand isn't helping people who are - what we need is written documentation on what the options are - something you heard doesn't cut it. So many things can go wrong basing something off what someone heard.

If what you heard was based off of a question someone asked, the GM rep could have not heard that person correctly or thought he asked something else, he could have thought you were asking about stock or factory choices, he could have not yet known whats available to the dealers. He could have had a myriad of rehearsed answers he had in his head and got mixed up in his answer. If what you heard was based off a speech, these factors are multiplied by 10. There is only ONE way to know for sure what the true meaning of what someone meant, and that's written down on paper given a clear and concise question.

So my intent here is really NOT to try to trash your credibility here, it's obvious that your passionate about this stuff and want to learn all you know, and as a more senior member than me, people look to you for answers - I'm just a newbie here. But basing you answers on what someone said, especially 6 months before a product is release ain't fact and stating it as such, influences peoples personal lives. You really do need to provide written proof or else it's just fodder, because the written things I have seen from GM so far, although, not written in great detail, suggest the opposite of what you are saying.

Last edited by swifttal; 10-10-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #88
swifttal

Also from your quote below, it's obvious he was talking about stock available trims, not the dealer option

Quote:
If you had come to Indy, you would have heard what we heard from John Cox himself. Regardless of what the interior or exterior color of your car is, the ambient lighting in a leather interior 2010 Camaro will be blue (unless you order the orange leather interior). In any event, here's a copy of 13F20's post - consider yourself hooked up:
And if this is still what you are talking about (are you?), then we are in agreement... and to quote you TAG UR IT - he is right (moderators are never wrong just ask me and I'll agree with you)

However, if you haven't picked up on what I have been talking about this entire time- it's the dealer installed lighted trim

for god's sake, this is retarded, I'm finished wasting everyone's time with my posts - but just a warning, if anyone plans on going out and placing an order on a specific camaro based on something you haven't read from GM yourself, shame on you
Old 10-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #89
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Hey swifttal,

I was informed that the ambient lighting (the tube) will remain blue in all cars (unless you get Inferno Orange). I was also informed that these were the only two colors to go into the Camaro. I then asked what would happen if someone got the red inserts for the doors and dash. I was told the light strip would remain blue...and the resulting color would be purple. Now, before we go and call this fact, let's just wait for GMPP's options list to come out or ask the man himself, John Cox. After all, things are always subject to change. So, please...I would not post this up if not known to be true. Let's just see what happens.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #90
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey swifttal,

I was informed that the ambient lighting (the tube) will remain blue in all cars (unless you get Inferno Orange). I was also informed that these were the only two colors to go into the Camaro. I then asked what would happen if someone got the red inserts for the doors and dash. I was told the light strip would remain blue...and the resulting color would be purple. Now, before we go and call this fact, let's just wait for GMPP's options list to come out or ask the man himself, John Cox. After all, things are always subject to change. So, please...I would not post this up if not known to be true. Let's just see what happens.
And it's in the 2LT and 2SS....They are working on it now, and hope to have this ready for the Feb16th start of production (per my IDL question today)
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #91
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I'll still take orange please!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #92
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
I'm not the one looking for answers - what you are doing on the other hand isn't helping people who are - what we need is written documentation on what the options are - something you heard doesn't cut it. So many things can go wrong basing something off what someone heard.

If what you heard was based off of a question someone asked, the GM rep could have not heard that person correctly or thought he asked something else, he could have thought you were asking about stock or factory choices, he could have not yet known whats available to the dealers. He could have had a myriad of rehearsed answers he had in his head and got mixed up in his answer. If what you heard was based off a speech, these factors are multiplied by 10. There is only ONE way to know for sure what the true meaning of what someone meant, and that's written down on paper given a clear and concise question.

So my intent here is really NOT to try to trash your credibility here, it's obvious that your passionate about this stuff and want to learn all you know, and as a more senior member than me, people look to you for answers - I'm just a newbie here. But basing you answers on what someone said, especially 6 months before a product is release ain't fact and stating it as such, influences peoples personal lives. You really do need to provide written proof or else it's just fodder, because the written things I have seen from GM so far, although, not written in great detail, suggest the opposite of what you are saying.
Most of the enthusiasts who are responding to questions here on Camaro5 were at Indy where we were able to talk to all the managers of the Camaro development team. These were the individuals within GM who know more than anyone else what this car will be like come production. Yes, we did "only" talk to them and they did not flip out a document on GM letterhead indicating everything they told us but at the end of the day, we all took their word for it.

One event which occured at Indy was a informational session which lasted over 2.5 hours. All Camaro team members got up and told us everything pertaining to their responsibility regarding the development of the car. Then we had the opportunity to ask questions. In the afternoon session (attended by over 200 people) Turtle and I hogged the 2 mikes that were there for Q&A because we knew we had hundreds of members here that could not go but wanted answers. Did I take the teams responses at their word? Yes I did because I knew they would never say something in front of all those enthusiasts at the risk of losing credibility.

Anything that will eventually be documented regarding the Camaro will come from the GM team that was at Indy. Aside from the informational session, the team spent the 3 days hanging out with us and answering any question anyone had. We all know that things may change along the way and that decisions may be made after documentation is printed but if someone from the team tells you what the plan is at that given time, that's usually good enough for me.

Regarding the actual lighting that we are talking about, no GM documents will ever state what TAG had just posted above. GM would rather you just go into a showroom and see for yourself. The only way that you'ld learn what TAG or I said is by asking the guy responsible for the option or spending time with a car that had the option and studying it. We did both......
Old 10-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #93
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSracer View Post
plz dont freak out. this has already been posted on other camaro sites too by an admin who is friends with father.

this is a 17 page Camaro Ordering Workbook in PDF.

DOWNLOAD WORKBOOK (right-click-save-as)

enjoy!
Wait a second..... No blue on the SS, No Red Stripes, no more lighted dash trim, no red leather interior? WTF GM? Orange and Beige leather interior? Am I reading this right???
fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #94
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
Wait a second..... No blue on the SS, No Red Stripes, no more lighted dash trim, no red leather interior? WTF GM? Orange and Beige leather interior? Am I reading this right???
Yup.. expect the stripes and lighted dash trim will be aftermarket stuff, wouldn't worry too much.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #95
swifttal

Quote:
Most of the enthusiasts who are responding to questions here on Camaro5 were at Indy where we were able to talk to all the managers of the Camaro development team. These were the individuals within GM who know more than anyone else what this car will be like come production. Yes, we did "only" talk to them and they did not flip out a document on GM letterhead indicating everything they told us but at the end of the day, we all took their word for it.

One event which occured at Indy was a informational session which lasted over 2.5 hours. All Camaro team members got up and told us everything pertaining to their responsibility regarding the development of the car. Then we had the opportunity to ask questions. In the afternoon session (attended by over 200 people) Turtle and I hogged the 2 mikes that were there for Q&A because we knew we had hundreds of members here that could not go but wanted answers. Did I take the teams responses at their word? Yes I did because I knew they would never say something in front of all those enthusiasts at the risk of losing credibility.

Anything that will eventually be documented regarding the Camaro will come from the GM team that was at Indy. Aside from the informational session, the team spent the 3 days hanging out with us and answering any question anyone had. We all know that things may change along the way and that decisions may be made after documentation is printed but if someone from the team tells you what the plan is at that given time, that's usually good enough for me.

Regarding the actual lighting that we are talking about, no GM documents will ever state what TAG had just posted above. GM would rather you just go into a showroom and see for yourself. The only way that you'ld learn what TAG or I said is by asking the guy responsible for the option or spending time with a car that had the option and studying it. We did both......
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey swifttal,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
And it's in the 2LT and 2SS....They are working on it now, and hope to have this ready for the Feb16th start of production (per my IDL question today)

Thanks guys for the detailed info - I didn't know it was a Q&A panel team you heard this from (because of the setting, answers you get from that are rarely wrong), from the one line comments you had it kinda just sounded like you guys were standing around asking the rep who unveiled the silver SS or something (none of these details were given) - and if this info was in another post, my sincere apologies, through my searches I didn't find them (is there an Indy Q&A thread somewhere I missed?). Just from my perspective what I was reading and what you were giving didn't make any sense.

Thank you for sharing this - and thanks camaroscotty for updating us, I know both GM and customers probably wouldn't be satisfied with people getting red interior w/ purple lighting and yellow interior with green lighting (well, the second option might look good) - please keep us informed of progress! And if no, I guess there are plenty of products I use in bike fabrication that will substitute (light tape, LED/fiber tubes, etc)...

Last edited by swifttal; 10-11-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #96
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Thanks guys for the detailed info - I didn't know it was a Q&A panel team you heard this from (because of the setting, answers you get from that are rarely wrong), from the one line comments you had it kinda just sounded like you guys were standing around asking the rep who unveiled the silver SS or something (none of these details were given) - and if this info was in another post, my sincere apologies, through my searches I didn't find them (is there an Indy Q&A thread somewhere I missed?). Just from my perspective what I was reading and what you were giving didn't make any sense.

Thank you for sharing this - and thanks camaroscotty for updating us, I know both GM and customers probably wouldn't be satisfied with people getting red interior w/ purple lighting and yellow interior with green lighting (well, the second option might look good) - please keep us informed of progress! And if no, I guess there are plenty of products I use in bike fabrication that will substitute (light tape, LED/fiber tubes, etc)...
You are very welcome! I guess I didn't preface the message with any sort of detailed info about who told me what. Sorry bout that. But know I won't ever intentionally lead anyone wrong here....or I'm as good as SPAM!

As per the lighting. I find it odd too. As Hylton said, no documentation exists for us now on the ambient lighting...and it could change....the light tube, that is. Maybe GMPP REALLY does want the colors to change? Maybe the tube will color match the panels? Don't know. But, it was told to me directly that the tube was either blue or orange. ...mmm...strange...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 PM   #97
SmokeJ

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS Auto
Send a message via Skype™ to SmokeJ
i hope there's a way to get the orange lighttube (maybe gmpp) even if you dont choose the interior accent package. because with gray/silver inserts and IOM ext color it'll be a good looking combination... well, at least i hope its good lookin...
GIGGITY!
SmokeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #98
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Four Pack Guages

Got a question actually a two part question about the four pack guages. First, would I be able to order them later? And two, if I can will it just be a matter of just plugging them in or will it have to be wired? Anyone have any guess' on this? Thanks.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote