Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #29
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
You were really selling me........ until this part "looks great"...lol
Isn't like every 10th car on the road a 'stang?... and dont most look old and worn out when you see them?
I SO agree! Mustangs are BUTT UGLY! They have no style. When I see one, I think eh...boring. The Camaro reeks sexiness and style.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #30
td2222
TBoy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Camaro, Don't forget Callaway, their model is sweet.

Camaro forever!
td2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #31
Jshadow
31B MP

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Jshadow
I'm choosing Camaro over Mustang mainly because Mustangs are wayyyyy overpopulated where i live (Va Beach). Plus i like the Camaro look a little more.
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #32
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
You need to get what is the most pleasing for you to look at . The one that turns your head. You can always make it go faster if that is your thing. There is always going to be something that comes along to kick your butt .So at the end of the day you at least have to like the looks of your car. You can go out and buy a Neon and dump loads of cash into it until it can romp anything on the street, but at the end of the day it is still a Neon..Do you want to be seen in it ? If you are buying one or the other because others think it is "cool" or the latest greatest that will be a short lived high .Remember this all the crowing you do now will be the crow you have to eat later when the next "latest greatest "comes out..

On a side note..The Challenger and Camaro are making gobs of power without being built to their maximum potential. I wonder how much more people are going to be able to squeeze out of the little Mustang motor ,and for that matter how well it is going to be able hold up to abuse over time being already massaged so much..The rule of thumb has always been , the more you build it the less dependable it will become..
Old 07-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #33

Drives: 2011 5.0L GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigg View Post
You need to get what is the most pleasing for you to look at . The one that turns your head. You can always make it go faster if that is your thing. There is always going to be something that comes along to kick your butt .So at the end of the day you at least have to like the looks of your car. You can go out and buy a Neon and dump loads of cash into it until it can romp anything on the street, but at the end of the day it is still a Neon..Do you want to be seen in it ? If you are buying one or the other because others think it is "cool" or the latest greatest that will be a short lived high .Remember this all the crowing you do now will be the crow you have to eat later when the next "latest greatest "comes out..

On a side note..The Challenger and Camaro are making gobs of power without being built to their maximum potential. I wonder how much more people are going to be able to squeeze out of the little Mustang motor ,and for that matter how well it is going to be able hold up to abuse over time being already massaged so much..The rule of thumb has always been , the more you build it the less dependable it will become..

Wow.. Really dude? What cave have you been under? I wont even go into details cause I'm certain there are guys here who have actually seen results on what the 5.0 has been capable of with guys like Livernois, Evolution,ect.

To the OP, get what you like, you honestly can't go wrong with either one, but you need to decide what you think will keep you happy for the longest.. JMHO.

28 " Buy a hybrid, I need your gas.."
28. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #34
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
to be honest... i wouldn't get a camaro... i would get the new 5.0L mustang gt.... its faster, lighter... handles better.... looks great... the camaro is fast and nice car... but the mustang is a better deal
Faster? The SS is faster in the 1/4 mile which most peeps use as a gauge for faster. Is this personal experience or from reading mags looking to sell advertising. Besides why go fast ugly!?
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #35
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Faster? The SS is faster in the 1/4 mile which most peeps use as a gauge for faster. Is this personal experience or from reading mags looking to sell advertising. Besides why go fast ugly!?
They are close enought that it will come down to the driver. Still, trap speeds tell us that the 5.0 is a tick faster, especially vs. the L99.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #36
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Besides why go fast ugly!?
That about sums it all up for me.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #37
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC Super Venom View Post
boxmonkeyracing
Stang_Killer
2010 SSRS
IRONMAN_830
CamaroFTW

I am pretty sure he said honest and not biased Bull S***

I will admit my Camaro looks better than my Mustang but that doesn't mean the Mustang is ugly

Truthfully I have seen more Camaros than new Mustangs. Sales back me up so far the Camaro won 9/13 months

To be honest for you the only thing the Camaro has on the Mustang is looks. In every other department I like my Mustang better.

It comes down to this. Drive a good looking car with power, price, performance, quality and durability (Mustang)

Or drive a car where these guys pretty much prove it all you can rely on in a comparison is looks (Camaro)

The Camaro was not built to last IMO just like other GM cars I owned ( Buicks, Cadillacs and Chevy's)

Already my seat broke the A/C is weak the exhausts rattles one of my speakers is fuzzy and the paint is extremely cheap ( I don't blame GM for that I blame Al Gore LOL.)
If someone doesn't agree with Your Opinion, then they are just plain wrong? And really... you unbiased? I'd almost swear you hunt down threads which contain any hint of the Mustang... just to, once again, make your biased viewpoint heard. (see above quote for example)

FYI... the OP asked about the SS, no mention of Mustang what-so-ever... so why mikey even brought that up... well, smelled of a Troll. If I were you and mike... put a for sale sign on your Camaros, and hunt out a mustang board??

PS. I suggested the CTS-V, that would be a real upgrade!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #38
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
If someone doesn't agree with Your Opinion, then they are just plain wrong? And really... you unbiased? I'd almost swear you hunt down threads which contain any hint of the Mustang... just to, once again, make your biased viewpoint heard. (see above quote for example)

FYI... the OP asked about the SS, no mention of Mustang what-so-ever... so why mikey even brought that up... well, smelled of a Troll. If I were you and mike... put a for sale sign on your Camaros, and hunt out a mustang board??

PS. I suggested the CTS-V, that would be a real upgrade!
You do relize that the guys I stated above did not put a honest opinion but a biased suggestion. Did I highlight you in the names? No? Exactly... P.S he said what "car" should I get that refers to one or more cars not just the Camaro SS anyways he would of asked what you guys like about it
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #39
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC Super Venom View Post
You do relize that the guys I stated above did not put a honest opinion but a biased suggestion. Did I highlight you in the names? No? Exactly... P.S he said what "car" should I get that refers to one or more cars not just the Camaro SS anyways he would of asked what you guys like about it
Nope... I wasn't mentioned in your post. I felt left out . (JK) But ones own bias is sometimes tough to see when thy self is so busy pointing out everyone elses.

Just sayin...

P.S. & here's the original post... (seemed pretty specific to me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand5599 View Post
I am thinking of buying a 2SS. I currently drive a CTS. /i am looking for some honest feedback on the 2SS. I am also going to add some horsepower if I get one. Looking at Hennessy or Lingenfelter something along that line. Any comments on that would also be welcomed.
Maybe we can get back on-topic... if coolhand hasn't already purchased a Mustang?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #40
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
Well, to get back to the question and out of the sh-- slinging, I think that the original poster would be somewhat let down by the lack of amenities in the Camaro if he is coming from a CTS. Hard to tell what he wants to do with the car, but for pure performance, the sky and your bank account are pretty much the limit with most cars.

So, for a purely fun fast car I think that the Camaro SS with a lot of add ons would be a very nice and satisfying driver - just not a luxury drive.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #41
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
I like the Mustang but I would take my Camaro over it for these two reasons

#1 She's sexyier
#2 I have had more time with her to grow to love the cheap plastic interior
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #42
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
of course the opinions are going to be biased on the CAMARO5 forum.... the camaro guys love the camaros, the mustang guys are on here to try and get camaro guys to admit they love mustangs. haha

any way you slice it the cars are so close they basically come down to 2 things:

1- driver (as far as 1320/skidpad/slalom numbers are concerned, even road course lap times)

2- personal opinion

neither of which a forum over the interwebz can provide you. Go drive them and fill in the blanks for yourself

Why did I choose Camaro? I sat in mustangs and drove some '10s. Nice cars, pretty quick, but felt like another quick car.

I sat in the Camaro and it felt like nothing else I'd been in, and I loved that feeling. It may not be for you, but you won't know by reading on these forums.