Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
BIGK909

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS VR
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers for v6

I dont know if im going about this the right way as far as posting, but does anyone know what vendors, if there is any, that are selling the DT shorty headers for the v6?

-MRT V1.0, H&R Springs, Injen CAI
BIGK909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
hotty toddy
Hellll yes! Damnnn right!

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
I ordered the shorties straight from Doug Thorley. But that was 3 months ago and I still don't have them yet.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotty toddy View Post
I ordered the shorties straight from Doug Thorley. But that was 3 months ago and I still don't have them yet.
Yea, me to. Maybe in a couple weeks? Who knows
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
hotty toddy
Hellll yes! Damnnn right!

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
You know what would be great? Getting a straight answer on just when the hell my headers will be delivered. That sure would be swell.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
BIGK909

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS VR
Ya ive read some threads where people arent getting their orders. thats ridiculous. Thats why i would want to buy through someone else.

-MRT V1.0, H&R Springs, Injen CAI
BIGK909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGK909 View Post
I dont know if im going about this the right way as far as posting, but does anyone know what vendors, if there is any, that are selling the DT shorty headers for the v6?
Maybe I can share my info...

I've been directing everyone to my Distributor to order their headers. I'm pretty sure that no other DT Dealer here even has the opportunity to purchase any from this run.

The last word anybody got was that they were supposed to be shipped out yesterday.

I know that the headers were about ready to ship and more than a few people called directly to get some sort of answer...to no avail.

Knowing Doug Thorley Exhaust like I do, I will tell you that they are not going to send anything out that isn't ready. They make sure that every single order is 100% complete, perfect and ready to install.

You get more than what you pay for when you buy Doug Thorley and that's the way that it's always been. They aren't a cookie cutter, "rip off somebody elses design" sort of builder. They do things right.

Of the people who did "pre-order" I can tell you that you will be the ones who saved some bucks. I've already had a chance to see what the next pricepoint will be for them and it's about 14-19% higher.

Every single person that has ordered through me knows that it was going to be around the end of July/beginning of August and they are cool with it.

I can't vouch for every dealer out there but if they didn't know how long it was going to be, then that is on them. They should inform customers of when to expect their orders to ship.

Most assured that I'll be getting a phone call around 9am Pacific come Monday.

They read these forums too.....

These headers are second to none and you will be pleasantly impressed with em.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote