Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-22-2010, 02:28 AM   #15
BUMBLE B

Drives: 99 Z28 CONV and 2010 SS
Front brakes still squael...3rd dealer try...

Third time...dealership can't fix of try to fix squeal...The battle goes on....... Wish me luck.....and any answers if a NEWER service bulletion comes out. Thanks....Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE B View Post
My bumble bee had the "21s and it was the only one the dealer had last june. So I got it. They look great, but the rubber is Pirelli and is never discounted. Only Tire Rack carries them, The fronts ran $429 + S&H, mounting + TPMS service) Rears ran$480.00(+ S&H.+ mounting + TPMS service) The rims, should you ever "curb" them are over $750. Lots of people make the 20s and 22s...but ONLY PIRELLI makes a "21...and they know it, and will rape you on the price. DON'T get them, as cute as they look. I have 2K miles on mine, and the front tires BOTH have a delamination bubble on them. UNSAFE. Why a ZR ratd (Y103) tire that costs more than a Lamborghini tire fails (twice) within 2K miles is BS.. I don't abuse my car. I have launched onto the highway...0-100MPH, but that ain;'t abuse. GM and Pirelli are in bed together and trying to each out-rip you off with their " you gotta deal with us for the 21's, sucker.
I'll get some "20s and get a vide selection of choices and reasonable prices, and shelve the "21s. The GM dealer option $5000.000 wheel/tire package can be replaced with less than $2200.00, and you won't have to wait a week for tire rack to ship the tire from Italy. GM and Pirelli SUCK, are in bed together,, and are crooks in my book. Love the car, however.
Yeah...breaks squeal too and new pads didn't help. I guess I'll have to take it back a dozen times of so. TSB 10-05-23-002 didn't help...or maybe dealer lied about doing the work. I'll put a drop of nailpolish on locking lugnuts to see if they are total douches. They charges $98.00 for "Synthetic oil change" If they used junk oil...I will kill 'em all. Nice car, but GM is the Devils spawn. L99 fun to drive, but car is bigger than my '99 Z-28 ragtop. a flying brick...they call it manageable heft. Glad it has Brembos. Will let u know about the break problem results, and the delaminating 245-40/ZR 21's (Y103) Pirellis.(Both of the blistered sidewall fronts)
BUMBLE B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 AM   #16
BUMBLE B

Angry Avoid the '21s. Got mine before pricing Pirellis ($3K+)

Yup...avoid the 21's. Only Pirelli sell that odd size, and charges whatever they want ($3k+ for a set).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
I was close to ordering the 21s but when I inquired about it, the cheapest place I found was $4800 in Edmonton with most dealerships wanting $5000 installed. I just cannot justify spending 5 grand on rims and the rims not being lexani or asanti.

Shaun
Old 09-22-2010, 02:46 AM   #17
BUMBLE B

Avoid the 21's. $5K here in US. Odd size, so that only Pirelli can (make) sell them for whatever they want to.