Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
tarheel34
Go Heels!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
BMR Strut Tower Brace & Trailing Arms

I'm looking at ordering the 4 Point BMR strut tower brace (mainly because I think it looks cool), but I'm wondering if the front arms will fit over the CAI cold air kit? I've seen people have this problem in the past and don't want to drop the extra $70 if it won't fit.

Also, I'm looking at the BMR Trailing Arms. would I need to order any extra bushings with them or do they come with everything I need to install?

2010 Summit White 2SS/RS L99: TSP 1 7/8 LTs - Off-Road Pipes | Tuned By BLUECAT | CAI Cold Air Intake | ADM Race Scoop | SLP UD Pulley | VMAX Throttle Body | Magnaflow X-Pipe | Muffler Delete | SLP 160* T-Stat | MSD Wires

Last edited by tarheel34; 10-20-2010 at 09:00 AM.
tarheel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel34 View Post
I'm looking at ordering the 4 Point BMR strut tower brace (mainly because I think it looks cool), but I'm wondering if the front arms will fit over the CAI cold air kit? I've seen people have this problem in the past and don't want to drop the extra $70 if it won't fit.

Also, I'm looking at the BMR Trailing Arms. would I need to order any extra bushings with them or do they come with everything I need to install?
I am not sure if the 4 point strut tower brace will work with the CAI cold air kits, there are so many cold air kits out there that we haven't been able to test with them all. If you think there will be a clearance issue I would just stick with 2 point and not worry too much about it.

If you are doing the trailing arms the only bushing I would recommend to do at the same time would be the BK006 which is the BMR outer trailing arm bushing which replace the soft rubber, deflection-prone bushing in the rear hubs were the trailing arms bolt to. Let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to talk about the parts via the phone just give me a call here at the shop.

Thanks,
Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
tarheel34
Go Heels!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for the fast reply! I have a couple of questions.

Is there any performance difference in the 2 point and 4 point?

What's the main difference in the trailing arms with the spherical bearings and the ones that have the polyurethane bushings?

As you can tell I am new to all of this suspension stuff, and I would like to get the best I can for my money. Thanks again!

2010 Summit White 2SS/RS L99: TSP 1 7/8 LTs - Off-Road Pipes | Tuned By BLUECAT | CAI Cold Air Intake | ADM Race Scoop | SLP UD Pulley | VMAX Throttle Body | Magnaflow X-Pipe | Muffler Delete | SLP 160* T-Stat | MSD Wires
tarheel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel34 View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! I have a couple of questions.

Is there any performance difference in the 2 point and 4 point?

What's the main difference in the trailing arms with the spherical bearings and the ones that have the polyurethane bushings?

As you can tell I am new to all of this suspension stuff, and I would like to get the best I can for my money. Thanks again!
The 2 and 4 point strut tower brace will offer similar performance, as you stated in the original post you're going for looks more than anything. The chassis on the 5th gen is already pretty ridged so the addition of 2 extra points isn't going to do much aside from looking cool.

The trailing arms with the spherical bearings offers less deflection as well as a freer range of motion. The draw back to the spherical bearings is they can make/transmit more noise than the urethane option. I would suggest sticking with the urethane bushings if your Camaro is mainly street driven.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We offer BMR products and I'd be more than happy to help you get your suspension dialed in! Have a good one and good luck with your decision!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmr, brace, strut tower, suspension