Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #631
Camman475

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT Camaro
I will be very disappointed if they make those changes! The car is beautiful as it is now! those tail lights look like they belong on a ricer and those mirrors look like they belong on a KIA! Those are Extremely UGLY modifications!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #632
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Whoever though of this should have their testicles removed and fed to crocodiles.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #633
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
Whoever though of this should have their testicles removed and fed to crocodiles.
why remove them...just feed the crocs, they'll come off on their own.
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #634
toetter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS CGM 6M
Glad I have the 2010!!
The only thing I like is that the antenna is removed from the roof. They are getting further away from the original.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #635
Burnin' Rubber

Drives: Domestic
I just thought I'd add to all the negative feedback.

If those side mirrors and taillights are approved changes then I would shop around for something more tasteful.
Burnin' Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #636
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
I like the tailights and rear bumper, mirrors on the other hand I dont
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #637
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Not a fan of the square shaped side mirrors, I like the blinker marker though. The tail lights are horrendous imo! Don't really care about the rear markers, you can always go aftermarket to change the look if you hate it that much.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 AM   #638
camaro-man

Drives: m
the side mirrors HUGE and what the thing between the exhaust the taillights not bad look like 1969 camaro
camaro-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #639
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
dont like how the reverse lights are integrated within the taillights. i like the reverse lights in the bumper better.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #640
BlissStreet
High Plains Drifter

Drives: Captiva 3.2, Aveo 1.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Righty- roo!! ... standard on CTS-Vs destined for the middle east
It is most likely that it's a global test mule, and that there is more then just the changed lights and mirrors to be tested. Chances are it will be shipped off to the Dubai office and tested there in the heat, and then off to what ever other locations have the environments to test the changes they want looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Europe requires more safety (nanny) items than the US. Thats all..
I had to laugh so hard at this. It's actually the other way around! That is why you never see the really cool small hot hatches in the US and you never see the super high MPG models. It's simply because it's not worth retooling the design to accomidate all the US safety gadgets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFINN_2SS View Post
uumm.... I think if I was a head GM design engineer/project manager or VP, I'd come to this site and find out what Camaro owners think ahead of mass producing what's in the pics at the beginning of this thread.
Do you really think that they would make a multi million dollar design change based on the opinions of people who rant and rave like this? or would you go out and ask people who are more likely to actually buy one in 2012? Trust me, they are asking plenty of people, plenty of question, with plenty of design revisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.c.tam View Post
wth does china have to do with anything
Ummm, it's the largest car market in the world, and the absolute largest one for GM. Hence the global headquarters being based there, and partly the reason to keep Buick over Pontiac. Face it, GM will sell more cars outside the US then in the US in the coming years, and will certainly make more money outside the US. Which is why they spun off the international division before going bankrupt. International made money all those years where the US market imploded slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Here's the reason behind the big collapsable mirrors. Europe is requiring folding mirrors for pedestrian impact safety.

So the 18-wheeler mirrors probably won't be in the US.
Which makes more sense? Make 2 or more mirrors to meet local standards, needing more assembly lines and more labor? or make one, and get the economies of scale that come with one global design? It's thinking like that which caused billions in losses during the 80's and 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
The actual updates to be implemented will be a uniform release for every country US included, the changes from these images is subtle however, the mirrors will be LARGER and the tail lights will be continual all the way across the rear of the vehicle. The new version will be uniform(the same) for every country.
This makes by far the most sense, and will likely be what will happen. It makes zero financial sense to have more then one version of the car when you can get by with one. It is, after all, a product of the global design studios.

Last edited by BlissStreet; 11-26-2010 at 01:50 AM.
BlissStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #641
HotBody

Drives: 2010 ls camaro cyber grey v6 auto
?!?!

I'm sorry but no. Just no. Retro-trashy and the mirrors...??? And for all its glory the Camaro already has blind-spot problems. Who's half-a$$ idea was it to cut them in half? It it's not broken don't fix it. If beauty must be tampered with, there are plenty of other angles from which it could have been approached. DISAPPROVE!
HotBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #642
ObseSSed

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 RJT
I hate the tail lights. I hope they don't export them either as it removes on of the Camaro's best features. It does not surprise me at all that no one else likes them either. They are a mess.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #643
smd58

Drives: Tahoe
Say it esent true. Tail light are just plane ugley. mirrors to big.
smd58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #644
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
DUMBO EARS