Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #29
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Don't forget your savings!

Glad to hear it looks like everything will work out!

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #30
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
somebody splash some water on me for even considering selling my Camaro!

No selling Camaros!

It has been difficult, but so far I've stayed single. I love managing my own toy budget.

for having thought of making the sacrifice for your wife. I don't get married so that I don't have to!
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #31
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperH View Post

No selling Camaros!

It has been difficult, but so far I've stayed single. I love managing my own toy budget.

for having thought of making the sacrifice for your wife. I don't get married so that I don't have to!
i was excited when i got married, i got a $600 tax cut each month! but that went bye bye once i had to start feeding her and pay her bills too

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyflats View Post
No way you will get anything near 35K! I have a 2SS loaded also and paid invoice for mine 34K.

I wouldn't say loaded and if it was you didn't pay 34K Invoice... Mine was close to loaded and my uncle retired from GM and got me GMPP pricing. I got GMPP for family and it is not even close to what you are talking. I have all the printouts from GM on the numbers listed below. There is not that much mark up in the Camaro.

Mine is a 2011 2SS/RS A6 with Sunroof numbers for mine listed below.

Sticker was 39,877
Invoice was 38,711
GMPP was 38,526

If you got 34K on a 40k Camaro SS Help me next time I buy

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-15-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #33
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Since i could remember, i've always wanted a Corvette... when the new Camaro came out i felt like i HAD to have it cuz it was new, cool, and the closest thing to a corvette i can get for my age and income. the first 6 months, it was great! the car was a major head turner and i was the only Camaro on the road. as they build more and more, i started to see them on the streets more and more. to date, i can say i see at least 5 or 6 new camaros on the roads everyday! that is A LOT! the car is no longer "exclusive", it doesn't really get that head turning reaction anymore unless i stomp on the gas, and it only gets driven 50 miles a week.

My wife and I have been discussing it for a few weeks now, she wants a new 2011 SRX, but we cannot afford 3 new car payments. the other day, i said to her, "what if we sold your car and the Camaro for the new SRX?" she looked at me like i was crazy saying, "if we did that you would resent me for the rest of our lives because you love that car." yes, i do love the car BUT it is... JUST a car.

IF, and that is a REALLY BIG IF, i went through with selling the Camaro, i will not accept less than $35k for it, might start out asking $37k. its fully loaded 2SS/RS with $5k in mods. i sat down last night and crunched all the numbers... if i sold it right now for $35k, trade in my wife's car and got the SRX she wants, we would actually be saving $600 per month in car payments, insurance, and fuel. i can either apply that money to pay off student loans and car payments faster and actually save enough in finance charges to where i would not be losing any of the money i put into the car, including monthly payments. it would be like i never spent money on a sports car once i pay off my debts.

or we could save that extra cash and save up for a down payment on a house once i'm in a permanent location with my job in a year and a half. i figured with that extra savings, plus saving part of my bonuses, we could have about $25k for a down payment by summer 2012.

well, that's my rant, i've really had a "come to Jesus" moment with owning her. i love the car, but a few years from now when i'm debt free and have a house, i should be able to pay cash for that Corvette i've always wanted!

i'm not really looking for a poll on if i should sell the car or not, that would be too typical for a forum. and please don't bash me, bash Dave Ramsey for this predicament!
If your selling to save money and get the wife a new car I understand. Also smart to put back for your future home.

One thing I will add, if your buying the Corvette to make you happy Cool.. But if you think it will turn more heads then the SS it doesn't. I got both and our Corvette looks like new I keep it perfect and the Camaro gets more looks then the Corvette any day of the week. I will say both a really fun to drive.

PS: I went to KBB put a 2SS with about 15,000 miles on it
Retail is around 35K Trade in around 31K
Old 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #34
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I wouldn't say loaded and if it was you didn't pay 34K Invoice... Mine was close to loaded and my uncle retired from GM and got me GMPP pricing. I got GMPP for family and it is not even close to what you are talking. I have all the printouts from GM on the numbers listed below. There is not that much mark up in the Camaro.

Sticker was 39,8770
Invoice was 38,711
GMPP was 38,526

Lol. I love all these cats that always saying, "Man, I bought mine for like 30k dollars brand new! You guys all got took!".
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #35
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
No Camaro sale for you!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #36
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post

Sticker was 39,8770
Invoice was 38,711
GMPP was 38,526

What you say Memphis SS is a true story.

I work for a telecommunications company which is a GM supplier; I qualified for GMPP.

Sticker was $39,2xx on mine, I got mine for $37,3xx. I'll have to look up the exact numbers. Mine included polished wheel upgrade, Synergy Green Metallic paint, sunroof, but no automatic transmission.
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #37
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I bought new house in 1981. I drove a $500 beater for a few years to afford the mortgage. Now the house is free and clear. Glad I didn't buy a new Cadillac in 1981.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #38
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Since i could remember, i've always wanted a Corvette... when the new Camaro came out i felt like i HAD to have it cuz it was new, cool, and the closest thing to a corvette i can get for my age and income. the first 6 months, it was great! the car was a major head turner and i was the only Camaro on the road. as they build more and more, i started to see them on the streets more and more. to date, i can say i see at least 5 or 6 new camaros on the roads everyday! that is A LOT! the car is no longer "exclusive", it doesn't really get that head turning reaction anymore unless i stomp on the gas, and it only gets driven 50 miles a week.

My wife and I have been discussing it for a few weeks now, she wants a new 2011 SRX, but we cannot afford 3 new car payments. the other day, i said to her, "what if we sold your car and the Camaro for the new SRX?" she looked at me like i was crazy saying, "if we did that you would resent me for the rest of our lives because you love that car." yes, i do love the car BUT it is... JUST a car.

IF, and that is a REALLY BIG IF, i went through with selling the Camaro, i will not accept less than $35k for it, might start out asking $37k. its fully loaded 2SS/RS with $5k in mods. i sat down last night and crunched all the numbers... if i sold it right now for $35k, trade in my wife's car and got the SRX she wants, we would actually be saving $600 per month in car payments, insurance, and fuel. i can either apply that money to pay off student loans and car payments faster and actually save enough in finance charges to where i would not be losing any of the money i put into the car, including monthly payments. it would be like i never spent money on a sports car once i pay off my debts.

or we could save that extra cash and save up for a down payment on a house once i'm in a permanent location with my job in a year and a half. i figured with that extra savings, plus saving part of my bonuses, we could have about $25k for a down payment by summer 2012.

well, that's my rant, i've really had a "come to Jesus" moment with owning her. i love the car, but a few years from now when i'm debt free and have a house, i should be able to pay cash for that Corvette i've always wanted!

i'm not really looking for a poll on if i should sell the car or not, that would be too typical for a forum. and please don't bash me, bash Dave Ramsey for this predicament!
There's your problem... Buy what you love, period.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #39
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
our monthly payment increases $285 which is reasonable. my wife is guaranteed a raise at the first of the year, and we've been using all our extra money each month, about $2k, towards debt.
Sounds like you have alot of debt.......

That extra monthly increase of $285 would go nicely towards a house or pay off your debt quicker so you could buy a house...............just sayin..........
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #40
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
debt sucks. buying a new car is not really a good way to get rid of it. That said, I financed my car and am paying down a mortgage. Luckily I'm not upside down on my mortgage like a lot of people in this market. But seriously, now is the time to by a house and stock. Everything is at the bottom. If you don't invest now and wait a year or two, you'll be in for quite a shock when there is another market bubble in X years. It'll happen all over again. Go read your history books.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #41
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Sounds like you have alot of debt.......

That extra monthly increase of $285 would go nicely towards a house or pay off your debt quicker so you could buy a house...............just sayin..........
no that $2k is on top of the minimum payments.

lets see we have about $40k in student loans, credit cards are zero, we owe $24k on my truck, $29k on my camaro, and the trade in value of her car is about the same as what we owe, so add another $38-40k if we get the 2010 SRX. and rent an apartment for $1250 per month.

it's a lot, but i've created an amortization schedule of every little thing, and what i'm doing is applying that extra $2000 each month towards whatever loan has the lowest principal, once its paid off, i'll take that $2000 plus the minimum payment of the paid off loan and pay the next thing off, then the next, then the next thing, it all "snowballs together" according to Dave Ramsey. when it comes down to it, if we get the new car, everything will be paid off in about 4 years from now. once i'm permanently located in 2 years, i'll apply all my "extra savings" from bonuses and stock options for a down payment on a house, but this will be a starter home so i don't plan on anything over $175k or 200k.

i have been very tempted to use that "extra savings" for heads/cam or supercharger, but my wife puts me in check and says NO! too bad saying NO! to her doesn't have the same affect

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #42
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
i have been very tempted to use that "extra savings" for heads/cam or supercharger, but my wife puts me in check and says NO! too bad saying NO! to her doesn't have the same affect
weird right?