Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #29
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
but, but.....what if I wanna play with a regular controller??? ur arms are gonna get tired pretty damned fast holding em up for much more than a race. I want to relax while I play.

oh, and PS3 SUX!!!!!!!!!!
kinect play is purely optional
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #30
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
what system is better, PS3 or XBOX360, I am going to buy one soon, I was leaning towards PS3 because of GT5, but this Forza game looks awesome to.
99% of the decision lies in what your friends have. Buy what they do. That way you can play online with them. Unless you have no friends.

If you don't have a Bluray player I'd get the PS3. Gaming is pretty much the same on both. If you don't give a damn about Bluray then get a 360. They have tons of bundles right now with Forza 3 packed in for the same price as the console alone. Strike now if you are serious. After Xmas the deals will be gone for a while.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #31
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
99% of the decision lies in what your friends have. Buy what they do. That way you can play online with them. Unless you have no friends.

If you don't have a Bluray player I'd get the PS3. Gaming is pretty much the same on both. If you don't give a damn about Bluray then get a 360. They have tons of bundles right now with Forza 3 packed in for the same price as the console alone. Strike now if you are serious. After Xmas the deals will be gone for a while.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #32
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The controllers dont come wireless and the ones that you buy extra you have to put batteries in LOL. The System doesnt have an auto feed for the discs.
Lots of ignorance.

The only 360 that came with wired controllers was the budget minded and priced Arcade unit. All the others came/come with wireless controllers and they swapped to wireless in the Arcade units pretty quickly.

No Auto feed? Is that supp to be a negative? Slot loaded disc drives have a higher failure rate then traditional tray drives, lots of PS3's had issues with YLOD and drive failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
PS3 may be a better built machine but XBL beats out PSN in every way. Plus XBL does offer a free online service, its XBL Gold that costs money. Its like $4 a month, people really can't afford that?

Back on topic

The graphics on this game look awesome!!
That is pure CGI, I will wait to see actual gameplay.

I have to say I am an Xbox/Forza Fanboy but bought a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5 because I love cars and racing games. I am not disappointed in any way, GT5 is awesome. Can't wait to see Forza hit back, we all benefit from competition.
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #33
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
Forza 3 was great. Very fun game. Gran Tourismo seems like an unfinished game to me. It took them six years to finish it, and it stills seems unfinished. Everything from damage, to the environments.

Kinect isn't needed to play this game. You can also play this game with a regular old controller.

Both systems have their ups and downs. The New 360S is a great improvement over the old one. It's quieter, sleeker, and uses less energy. Both systems are great systems, but it mainly depends on the games you want to play. Xbox has Fable, Halo, Gears of War and PS3 has Uncharted, Infamous, and Ratchet and Clank.

Both systems are great, and now is the time to buy. There are deals all over the place for these machines. You can't go wrong with either.
I agree with 100% on everything you said. I couldn't agree with you more about Gran Turismo 5. I was very disappointed with it. I actually felt Forza 3 was a better game and i've always been a GT series guy.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #34
ToFast

Drives: Fast
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
PS3 may be a better built machine but XBL beats out PSN in every way. Plus XBL does offer a free online service, its XBL Gold that costs money. Its like $4 a month, people really can't afford that?

Back on topic

The graphics on this game look awesome!!
Don't think the game will look like that. Those are pre-rendered/Photoshop images, Only 720p resolution, No AA, no thanks.
ToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #35
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
Lots of ignorance.

The only 360 that came with wired controllers was the budget minded and priced Arcade unit. All the others came/come with wireless controllers and they swapped to wireless in the Arcade units pretty quickly.

No Auto feed? Is that supp to be a negative? Slot loaded disc drives have a higher failure rate then traditional tray drives, lots of PS3's had issues with YLOD and drive failures.

That is pure CGI, I will wait to see actual gameplay.

I have to say I am an Xbox/Forza Fanboy but bought a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5 because I love cars and racing games. I am not disappointed in any way, GT5 is awesome. Can't wait to see Forza hit back, we all benefit from competition.
Ignorance? So you are saying that I just dreamt it up or what? Did I say it wasnt an arcade unit? Did I ever make such a claim? Give me a break dude....

It wasnt called an arcade model at that time anyway...it was called a CORE model...dont be so ignorant.

Yes non-auto feed is a negative. Failures? LOL...dont even talk about that. 360 had an over 30% failure rate at its peak (absolute trash). EVERY person I knew with an earlier model got a red ring eventually.

Dont be so IGNORANT...and read my posts before you post IGNORANCE
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
I can;'t wait for this! I will want a new Xbox though, friend is fixing mine for the red ring issue for like the 4th time......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #37
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Ignorance? So you are saying that I just dreamt it up or what? Did I say it wasnt an arcade unit? Did I ever make such a claim? Give me a break dude....

It wasnt called an arcade model at that time anyway...it was called a CORE model...dont be so ignorant.

Yes non-auto feed is a negative. Failures? LOL...dont even talk about that. 360 had an over 30% failure rate at its peak (absolute trash). EVERY person I knew with an earlier model got a red ring eventually.

You made a generalization like every 360 came with wired controllers.

Explain how a tray loaded drive is a negative? Sounds like you are digging deep for something to cry about.

I have 2 360's still in service at the house that I won from the Mt Dew Every 10 Minutes contest that I received a week before the system was released.

Yet I bought a PS3 Slim from Craigslist and it was dead a week later. Thankfully the seller took it back and I bought a new one for GT5. lol.
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #38
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:

I got the red rings 3 times but every time I sent my xbox in they sent me back a brand new one. Doesn't bother me one bit

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #39
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
You made a generalization like every 360 came with wired controllers.

Explain how a tray loaded drive is a negative? Sounds like you are digging deep for something to cry about.

I have 2 360's still in service at the house that I won from the Mt Dew Every 10 Minutes contest that I received a week before the system was released.

Yet I bought a PS3 Slim from Craigslist and it was dead a week later. Thankfully the seller took it back and I bought a new one for GT5. lol.
Sorry to hear you bought a PS3 form craigslist that failed...lol.

I dont really care man. Play what you want. I mentioned other things and could mention other reasons as to why I chose ps3. Dont really care. Not grasping for anything. You singled out the one thing you could prove me wrong on with a technicality...you were grasping.

Everyone knows the 360's used to have MAJOR reliability problems. We just had two posts in the last hour about it LOL. It is common knowledge anyway and Im sure you know all about the 30% failure rate and red ring.

Have they fixed the problem with the 360 consoles ruining games (burning a ring into them) when the system is turned upside down? I thought that was laughable as well.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #40
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
PS3 FTW
Old 12-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Ignore the fanboy nonsense, this is my opinion: I have both consoles.
It depends on who you are and what you like.
It all comes down to the Games!!! (to me atleast)

Xbox 360 in 2011 pros:
Xbox live is pretty good (party chat, voice messages etc..)
Gears 3
Forza 4
A bunch of Kinect games (if you like that)

Ps3 2011 Pros: (a phenominal game lineup)
LBP2
Killzone 3
Socom 4
Motorstorm: apocolyps
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3
Twisted metal
Last Guardian
RatchetnClank, all 4 one
(off the top of my head)

Basicaly if what your looking for is a streamline online experiance and you buy a bunch of multiplatform games than xbox 360 will be just fine.
If you like multiplatform game and Exclusives then the PS3 is unmatched, but PSN is not as streamline as Xbox live (but its not bad at all, it totaly gets the job done.)

For me I am going to be playing my ps3 until gears of war 3 comes out because Kinect does not appeal to me. Again it depends on who you are and what you like. IMVHO.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #42
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Ignore the fanboy nonsense, this is my opinion: I have both consoles.
It depends on who you are and what you like.
It all comes down to the Games!!! (to me atleast)

Xbox 360 in 2011 pros:
Xbox live is pretty good (party chat, voice messages etc..)
Gears 3
Forza 4
A bunch of Kinect games (if you like that)

Ps3 2011 Pros: (a phenominal game lineup)
LBP2
Killzone 3
Socom 4
Motorstorm: apocolyps
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3
Twisted metal
Last Guardian
RatchetnClank, all 4 one
(off the top of my head)

Basicaly if what your looking for is a streamline online experiance and you buy a bunch of multiplatform games than xbox 360 will be just fine.
If you like multiplatform game and Exclusives then the PS3 is unmatched, but PSN is not as streamline as Xbox live (but its not bad at all, it totaly gets the job done.)

For me I am going to be playing my ps3 until gears of war 3 comes out because Kinect does not appeal to me. Again it depends on who you are and what you like. IMVHO.
You forgot one of the best exclusives for Xbox... HALO!

And Crackdown and Project Gotham Racing are good too.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about games that are coming out in 2011, I thought you just meant exclusives for each system. But still Halo FTW.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote