Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #43
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Yea that's a lot! I have the camaro key, house key, mailbox key, and my parents house key. I do have a tiny extra key for a storage unit that I'm renting next week so my camaro will be safe while I'm outta town but that's it! I think I have too many keys!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #44
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
OK i'm a girl and I don't have ANYTHING else on my key-fob. It's not even on a ring! I say this because most girls/ladies I know in my life,,,,,,,,,,love cute keychains......i'm not one of them. The simpler, the better!
katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #45
GeneDoc

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss=scuba steve View Post
Its happened that you have been out of the house and needed one of the other car keys? Do you take every car you own everywhere on a trailer? I don't get it.....
Sometimes I may be out and want to swap cars with my wife without having to track her down (e.g. if she's in her office and we want to swap cars because of car seats). So, it helps to have the other keys with us.

I have some things (e.g. work RSA fob) that I have only one copy of. I've seen it as a hassle to have a second set of keys for house key and I can only get one work RSA fob. So, having to transfer the RSA fob would get cumbersome and more prone to being lost. I will look into some mechanism of carabiner or similar to move the RSA fob and house key. Yes, I could make duplicates of the house key and make separate rings for each of the cars, but that seems asinine and still doesn't solve the RSA fob issue.

While I know people talk about the tumblers not being designed for load-bearing a brick, I have to believe the engineers expect some load to be there and have built in some tolerance. This seems to be one of the things passed down as lore so some kid doesn't put a dancing hula girl on the key chain. It may have been true once, but I bet it's moved into the realm of urban legend now.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #46
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneDoc View Post
Sometimes I may be out and want to swap cars with my wife without having to track her down (e.g. if she's in her office and we want to swap cars because of car seats). So, it helps to have the other keys with us.

I have some things (e.g. work RSA fob) that I have only one copy of. I've seen it as a hassle to have a second set of keys for house key and I can only get one work RSA fob. So, having to transfer the RSA fob would get cumbersome and more prone to being lost. I will look into some mechanism of carabiner or similar to move the RSA fob and house key. Yes, I could make duplicates of the house key and make separate rings for each of the cars, but that seems asinine and still doesn't solve the RSA fob issue.

While I know people talk about the tumblers not being designed for load-bearing a brick, I have to believe the engineers expect some load to be there and have built in some tolerance. This seems to be one of the things passed down as lore so some kid doesn't put a dancing hula girl on the key chain. It may have been true once, but I bet it's moved into the realm of urban legend now.
Sounds to me like you are a lazy bear, lol. Just kidding....... a little.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #47
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Sounds like a real safety issue that Chevy would like to know about. Nothing like turning a corner at 45mph at it just keeps turning. it could be a disaster.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #48
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Key fob and lojack fob - that's it.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 AM   #49
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
I can't believe some of you guys put so much on your keychain!!! Seems that would be really heavy in your pocket.

I keep the keys/fobs for each of my vehicles separate.

I have a house key in my wallet in case the door accidentally gets locked (I come in through the garage so don't usually need that key,) and my office keys are also on a ring in my wallet.

I do have a high heel shoe on each key chain, though. The shoes just snap on with a latch, so my boyfriend takes them off when he drives any of my vehicles.

And yes, I find it easy to believe with as much stuff as you have on there, OP, that the bunch could get caught somewhere, including in the steering wheel!!!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #50
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
too many keys!

i just have my camaro key with a quick disconnect from the rest of my keys on a lanyard.. then they go in the center console
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #51
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatonia View Post
OK i'm a girl and I don't have ANYTHING else on my key-fob. It's not even on a ring! I say this because most girls/ladies I know in my life,,,,,,,,,,love cute keychains......i'm not one of them. The simpler, the better!
+1

I'm a lady too and I drive with only my Camaro key. The house key and house alarm key fob stay in my purse. When I park my car in the garage I don't even bother to bring the key in the house it stays in the console. And since I enter through my garage I don't even use my house keys. I hate a bunch of keys dangling from my key ring. I don't carry hubby's vehicle keys either I just grab those keys when needed.