Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #15
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Jannetty's store sells CAI brand and not Rotofab. Nuff said.

Stick to 3rd party testing when making your decisions. Both are fine parts.
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #16
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I went with CAI, Inc. I got it installed this past weekend and am very happy with the way it looks and performs.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I got a Roto-Fab radiator cover and an axle back... I'm loving the difference.... see the numbers below....

Actually, I had the Roto-Fab and I loved it, very noticable difference from just stock, though between the two, I doubt you'll feel any difference... It did make a substantial difference in the exhaust note, though I had the GMPP axle back to go with it... I had the exhaust done several weeks before the CAI and it was a noticable difference in sound...

As for the HP difference, negligable...Go with the one you like... Unless you are a professional driver with a very very discerning arse, even the butt dyno wont tell the difference between the two...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #18
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
I went with CAI, Inc. I got it installed this past weekend and am very happy with the way it looks and performs.
Are you going to join us Friday night...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #19
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I have the Roto-fab and love it. IMO it's the best looking cai on the market. As for power, my car went 12.7 with a Roto-fab and tune only with a crappy 2.08 60'. I'm sure it makes good power.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:08 AM   #20
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Yeah, I love my Roto-Fab and it sure isn't hindering my power output any. I also prefer the look of the Roto-Fab to some of the others. I got to meet Mike and tour his place when I drove up to get my kit last year. Mike and his company are top notch!

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd

Last edited by McBeevee; 04-21-2011 at 04:01 PM.
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #21
Markel

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
Jannetty's store sells CAI brand and not Rotofab. Nuff said.
Not true. Here's the link. Nufff said.
http://jreperformanceparts.com/rotof...ir-intake.html
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #22
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAI Inc View Post
Not sure where you got your info from? This is what ted had to say about this in a previous post.
I have not seen that thread, I have seen other posts from Ted about this in which he is stating the results from his test were odd. That quote your refrencing is about open hood, closed hood testing, in which Roto-fab has tested with hood open and hood closed and has very detailed 3rd party results and iun depth info about their results. they are all very comparable to be honest.

Now I will say this, its kinda wrong in my opinion for CAI to personally pull up a quote like that in a thread like this. Im glad your proud of your product, and glad many like it, but to throw another great company such as roto-fab under the bus really makes me more glad I chose to NOT go with a cai setup. and another opinion, hands down, roto is kicking your butt in the looks dept
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #23
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markel View Post
Not true. Here's the link. Nufff said.
http://jreperformanceparts.com/rotof...ir-intake.html
hmmm
oddly seems to be a roto-fab for sale by Janetty.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #24
CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
I have not seen that thread, I have seen other posts from Ted about this in which he is stating the results from his test were odd. That quote your refrencing is about open hood, closed hood testing, in which Roto-fab has tested with hood open and hood closed and has very detailed 3rd party results and iun depth info about their results. they are all very comparable to be honest.

Now I will say this, its kinda wrong in my opinion for CAI to personally pull up a quote like that in a thread like this. Im glad your proud of your product, and glad many like it, but to throw another great company such as roto-fab under the bus really makes me more glad I chose to NOT go with a cai setup. and another opinion, hands down, roto is kicking your butt in the looks dept
I didnt throw anyone under the buss. All I did was quote teds view of the discrepancies. Sorry if I offended you.
CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #25
JeffStein

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS
So with all this said a side from looks, are they both equal in performance? I like the looks of the Roto Fab much better, but want the better performing one.
JeffStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #26
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you order the roto fab now, does it come with the upgraded parts?
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #27
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAI Inc View Post
I didnt throw anyone under the buss. All I did was quote teds view of the discrepancies. Sorry if I offended you.
the quote you pulled was the begining discussion from Janetty saying roto-fabs numbers were obtained by an open hood. which I agree, would give it higher numbers. However in other tests, with the hood closed roto fab has easily matched, bettered or come just shy of just about every other cold air kit out there.
in more recent quotes, and even in a thread by roto themselves Ted openly states the new testing is legit and while still standing by his test, realizes it may of been a fluke....
I wasnt offended dont apologize to me. I would bet roto may be though and they deserve that apology. Ive never seen them pull a quote and say lookey here ours is better than theres. such as someone saying the closed box look is odd, or even my quote saying that roto has you beat hands down in the looks dept all together.
those are all opinions, and all are entitled to their own. However when your posting an opinion which basically is claiming yours is better than theres or as I put it, threw them under the bus while under your company's screen name, its plainly unprofessional. If you had posted it as an average user no harm no foul. I have never seen another cold air kit say a bad word about another company, at least not publically on here.

many love yours, great. Many love roto, great. Many even love K and N. thats whats great about these cars. so many options. price, service and results are all major factors in your cold air choice. Company ethics fall into that mix too.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #28
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
If you order the roto fab now, does it come with the upgraded parts?
yes it does. theres a detailed thread of all the upgrades and what it suits best.
some parts work better for different mods. they will build it to give you max advantage. Mike has 1 if not 2 threads on here detailing this