Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #1317
asmith10

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Personally I'd rather just get an intake like the Roto-Fab and but on a working ram air hood and have it dump the cold air right into the intake. Plus it look pretty amazing with a functional scoop on the car.
asmith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #1318
DMDTexAg06

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith10 View Post
Personally I'd rather just get an intake like the Roto-Fab and but on a working ram air hood and have it dump the cold air right into the intake. Plus it look pretty amazing with a functional scoop on the car.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...I+ram+air+hood

I'm headed this direction eventually.
DMDTexAg06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #1319
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMDTexAg06 View Post
Someone can have my spot.....number 22. I went ahead and bought a CAI inc. intake after lots and lots of reading....yes Shuffler, I do need to get out more, and now I can cause I just bought one....ahhhhhhhh, sunlight!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #1320
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMDTexAg06 View Post
Yeahhhh.....Injen says the hydroshield lowers the risk of hydrolock.....lowering is good, but it's not eliminating. They go on to say that the hydroshield is water repellent....not water proof. I know their numbers on the dyno are great!!! No arguments there, but a tiny bit of extra hp is just not enough for me to go there. 'Sides CAI had the highest peak gain, good enough for me. Just a personal opinion though....I'm sure in your situation you'll be fine, I drive through some nasty stuff on occasion where I'm at unfortunately. Bottom line is.....they all give you some added pep so to each there own!!!

On a quick side note.....you liking that AAC red dome?
Injens are tanks. You CAN hydrolock it theoretically, but you have to submerge it to do it pretty much. What they put on their site is more of a anti-lawsuit against someone that drives their car across a river crossing and gets it stuck. Same thing as McDonalds putting "CAUTION: HOT" on coffee cups. I looked at an Injen CAI on my last car, 8th gen Civic. Read a lot about them. People that had them on for long periods of times with no problems. One guy told me about a 3 hour trip from Austin to Dallas in hard thunderstorms on I35..... no problems. But on top of that, their hydroshields are great. heard of people putting them under faucets and little to nothing got through.

LOVE my dome lighting. One of the first mods I did. Goes perfectly with my IOM interior.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #1321
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Injens are tanks. You CAN hydrolock it theoretically, but you have to submerge it to do it pretty much. What they put on their site is more of a anti-lawsuit against someone that drives their car across a river crossing and gets it stuck. Same thing as McDonalds putting "CAUTION: HOT" on coffee cups. I looked at an Injen CAI on my last car, 8th gen Civic. Read a lot about them. People that had them on for long periods of times with no problems. One guy told me about a 3 hour trip from Austin to Dallas in hard thunderstorms on I35..... no problems. But on top of that, their hydroshields are great. heard of people putting them under faucets and little to nothing got through.

LOVE my dome lighting. One of the first mods I did. Goes perfectly with my IOM interior.
If you submerge the Injen, you are probably driving in an area that you should obviously not by driving in i.e. a flooded road. Thats just stupidity.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #1322
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Yeah, honestly you have to really be in some deep water to hydrolock it. All of the people I knew with Cobalts ran intakes that put the filter down in the front. A few ran it there with the protective plastic removed from under the fascia. No one ever had a problem, and that was in Pittsburgh where we get some massive pot holes and pools of water on the roads. Unless you're driving through a mini lake, you're not going to have a problem.
PittPaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #1323
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
That raises an interesting question, though, is there going to be any kind of hydroshield that will work with the Vararam? I'm guessing no because it's not a cone filter where the hydroshield could just fit over it - but I'm sure it would give some people peace of mind.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #1324
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I thought about that. I think you'll just need to be careful when washing the car. Rain or splashing water shouldn't be an issue, but you don't want to be spraying a hose directly into this intake.
PittPaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #1325
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
That raises an interesting question, though, is there going to be any kind of hydroshield that will work with the Vararam? I'm guessing no because it's not a cone filter where the hydroshield could just fit over it - but I'm sure it would give some people peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
I thought about that. I think you'll just need to be careful when washing the car. Rain or splashing water shouldn't be an issue, but you don't want to be spraying a hose directly into this intake.
There won't be a hydroshield for the Vararam intake. If you get water in this intake with the new upper housing design, then you did one of two things: Either had the hood open and sprayed it with a hose or you drove into a lake.

Hopefully I'll get my car back tomorrow evening and can get some updated pictures for everyone. The positive thing about getting my Camaro back is that y'all will know they are done. Driving around in this rental Impala is killing my style , not to mention confusing my co-workers who now think I own the following vehicles: 2010 Camaro, 2005 Corvette, 2004 Expedition, 2011 Ram 1500, 2011 Impala. The Expy's my wife's but the rest have been loaners from Vararam.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #1326
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
There won't be a hydroshield for the Vararam intake. If you get water in this intake with the new upper housing design, then you did one of two things: Either had the hood open and sprayed it with a hose or you drove into a lake.

Hopefully I'll get my car back tomorrow evening and can get some updated pictures for everyone. The positive thing about getting my Camaro back is that y'all will know they are done. Driving around in this rental Impala is killing my style , not to mention confusing my co-workers who now think I own the following vehicles: 2010 Camaro, 2005 Corvette, 2004 Expedition, 2011 Ram 1500, 2011 Impala. The Expy's my wife's but the rest have been loaners from Vararam.

ROFL! They may think you are getting paid too much,
Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #1327
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
ROFL! They may think you are getting paid too much,
Yeah, the Corvette really confused some of them (upper management, mostly). It's bright yellow and loud as hell and not something someone at my level should have been driving.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #1328
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Yeah, the Corvette really confused some of them (upper management, mostly). It's bright yellow and loud as hell and not something someone at my level should have been driving.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #1329
gundaaniyan

Drives: 2010 camaro v6
gundaaniyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #1330
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Cant wait !! been patiently waiting for the final release !

just for the record.. i have a Injen on my car its a sweet intake and it defiantly changed my car.. i never bought a hydroshield and ive driven it in some nasty rain ... nevvver had a problem!! (its for sale any takers ? )

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote