Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #57
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice66 View Post
I also had this other female acquaintance ask at the same school grounds in front of a lot of school staff if i bought my Camaro with my income tax refund! I busted out laughing. Sometimes i ask Jesus why does he make it so hard for me to make it to heaven with so many stupid people in this world.
She probably scores a big earned income check every year and assumes that everyone gets back a bunch of money they didn't pay into the system.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #58
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I don't have this issue,as my usual expression on my face is that I will kill you if you talk to me.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #59
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
man don't feel bad, I am generally an easy going person but even the asking a persons credit score is a bit much. I have days like this when I just don't want to be screwed with. don't sweat it. some people are idiots and we all have to live with them.....most of the time!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #60
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged

Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
Well, probably not a popular response, but in my humble opinion, we should expect people to be interested in these cars. They are something special and will attract attention. I think it is fine to decline to disclose financial information, but we should be honored that they say something. Everything I see tells me that these cars are going to be valuable classics some day. Twenty or thirty years from now, you will be seeing them in car shows and you will be saying, "I had one of these once." If you are very lucky, you will be the one showing the car and you will proudly say, "Yes, I am the original owner."
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #61
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Ain't nothing wrong with her asking about the car. Many people just aren't into cars, and when someone shows interest, we should encourage them to seek more knowledge and give them what we can, including resources if they're truely interested.

That being said...Asking for someone's credit score is WILDLY inappropriate.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #62
MaureenM@RC

Drives: 2018 EQUINOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
Excuse me sonny whatcha driving there young man....

Toooo Funny!
MaureenM@RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #63
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
I'm glad most agree I was in the right. Also I gladly except questions about the car or anyone curious about strictly the car. She could of left my finances out of it. I actually enjoy spreading the word on my awesome Camaro and I get the whole "it comes with the territory" thing. Who doesn't like a little attention from time to time. I even let certain kids or adults have a seat inside to drool over the HUD. Because I know I could of easily made different choices in life and not been financially able to afford a car like this. And I feel if letting them sit in my car and get just a few minutes of that feeling, maybe thats all they needed to get them through their day or decide to do better for themselves to reach their goals. I think my uncomfortableness is worth that. Just don't piss me off and ask my credit score and how much I make.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #64
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Tactfulness is having the personality, social skills and ability to politely tell someone, the things they are inquiring about are simply none of their business................knowing when to put these skills into practice, and to what degree are as equally as important. We live in a world of untimely imperfections......to err is human. You may have responded a bit harshly when no response or reaction would have surficed.......while still making the point, with-out becoming aggitated, contumely, rude, overtly reactive, or inadvertantly upset over questions you could have simply ignored responding too. You've become a self victim of your own undoing when-ever you allow someone to trigger emotional responses otherwise......That is unless your normal character traits include always getting the best of any situation......no matter how ill tempered the cost...............
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #65
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
The old bag needed something to talk about at the Saturday afternoon bingo game.
Attached Images

mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #66
xlroadster
Support Bill A09426!

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Yes, people can be nosy and ask invasive questions when it comes to how much and/or if you can afford <said car>.

I'm 27 years old, but constantly get mistaken for a 18-21 year old. When I drive either the Camaro or the XLR-V around people assume that it could only be my dad's car. When I say it's mine, then the invasive questions come...as in:

how do you afford something like that? (as if it's impossible?)

what do you pay a month? (do I really have to pay anything per month for it?)

what do you do for a living? (this I usually answer).

But agreed...people are nosy.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #67
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice66 View Post
Man in my head I was going off! You see inside my head I'm a total d--k. But on the outside I'm like sure no problem my pleasure. Our family gets that from having business, we can't tell the customers what we are really thinking but we have to be professional. So I was like if I ask her when her last menstrual cycle was I bet that would end this conversation really quick! Lol and like how about you hop in I'll take you behind the school and tell you all about it. I wonder what my facial expression looked like when we were talking?
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #68
ginalikewoah
2011 CAMARO SS

Drives: GiNAS 11' SS<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyC View Post
Should of just farted and pretend nothing happened. lol
lollllllllllll
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #69
ginalikewoah
2011 CAMARO SS

Drives: GiNAS 11' SS<3
i get the same questions asked...im like duddde are u serious...???
people often tell/ask...
Oh i bet your parents are paying for that? "ughh no"
how much are your payments? "are u planning to pay for it?"
well what else do you do that you can afford that car? "work"
im like seriously???
if your that interested in the car go to the dealership!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #70
BLcamaro10

Drives: Black silver RS 10
had the payment thing happen....I told them I only had the first payment with cash , they said wow and walked away.
BLcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote