Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Turn-signal OUT

I was on my way home from the dealer and while changing lanes and got that erie fast turn signal sound with the display giving me the "Check your Turn Signal".

I thought I'd check with the good C5 members and see if anyone else has yet had their turn signal go out on them?

I ain't goin' back to the dealer today, too late, and they are closed tomorrow. I'd like to check it out... closer, but maybe someone here could point me in the right direction? I'm sure the dealer will fix it, but I'll have to wait until next weekend. Any advice?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
It's easy enough to take the side marker out and look at. Which one is it? If it is in the front you just have to undo the hex bolts in the wheel well and pop it out. If it is in the back you lay on your back, with the top of your head about level with the exhaust tips. You can reach your arm up and pop it out that way.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Mine did after about 9 months. Replaced under warranty for free.
Booneabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Open the hood and locate where your head light is. On the inboard side of the headlight will be a plug with a red tab. Pull the tab towards the rear of the car, then push down where the tab was (on the black socket) and pull back to the rear of the car. Don't apply too much presure. The plug should come out easily when you push down on where the red tab was. After the plug is removed, you will see the actual socket, turn it counter-clockwise, and you will feel it move back after about a quarter turn. Now you can just pull it straight out.

The turn signal bulb is a wedge base type, easily replaceable. Just pull the bulb out, put a new one in.

I've had my check turn signal light come on because of a resistor failure for my LED turn signals.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
FYI, if dead, the bulb would be covered under the 36k-mile warranty.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Thanks for the advice guys!

The exact light is my rear left and it is/was the outter one.

Today I took off the cover and took a look inside... the bulb in both look perfectly fine (you can usually tell if it or some part of it is blown). So I switched the blubs around (pulled left bulb put it in right housing, pulled right blub put it in left housing)... and for about 5 minutes both worked. I thought I was a stud... fix my own tail light outage, but then... 1/4 mile down the road i get the "Check Left Rear Turn Signal" alert again. And this time when I looked it was the right one out.

At least i know it is an easy fix, under warranty, and luckily the Camaro comes with 2 lights on both sides so I still have a turn signal until I get it fixed next weekend. (I don't gotta stick my arm out the window)

I think it's Karma... I laughed at a new Mustang that had one of it's lights out, and said something rude about it's quality.

I hope this is the first and last thing that goes wrong with my Camaro. And lights go out... it's what they all do eventually.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
MMaglione
Mike "Meage"

Drives: Aqua Blue 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to MMaglione
each of my rear outside ones went out, one last month the other this month, very easy to change though.

http://azzzedout.tumblr.com/
MMaglione is offline   Reply With Quote