Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #141
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
A little musical interlude. Casey, here's your song:

Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #142
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I ALWAYS said people are clueless sheep. First OJ, then Obama, now Casey! Look at Casey, laughing happy etc. UMM Hey murderer, your little girl is DEAD!!
-bobby
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #143
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
She laughed every time the jury was out of the courtroom.
When you have a child, that child is in your care.
You can't have a child show up two blocks from her house, dead, duct tape on her mouth, wrapped in her blanket from home, have the mother disappear the first 31 days after her death, then lie to police, make up stories, have the smell of a dead body in her car,
and then say there's 'no evidence'
BS!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #144
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
No, the burden of proof is not any higher. FYI, not all those convicted of capital murder get death, just being convicted of it is not an automatic death penalty.
True...not all, but most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
And they did go for lesser charges as well, so I have no idea why you say they should have went for lesser charges. .
A lesser murder charge...IE second or third degree where the burden of proof is slightly lesser...Yes, the elements are there, not as narrowed in scope. I am sorry if I used "first degree" in prior comments. I live in a state where first degree is the highest charge...no capital.

Quote:
So now you raise the bar.

And you can get a conviction with just circumstantial evidence on ANY charge. Forensics (like DNA) and ballistics are circumstantial evidence. We've even executed people using just circumstantial evidence, Ted Bundy is a good example.
DNA and ballistics is circumstantial or direct evidence depending...One relies on the other.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 07-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #145
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future MDPilot View Post
Still doesn't mean she killed her.

DNA test negative on the duct tape.

Internet search apparently equates to action. I just watched a FPSRussia video, now I'm going to go out shooting a M240 randomly.

No DNA match in the car.

No DNA match in or around the body.

The law is based on evidence not heersay. All of your points are emotionally involved. Courts and jurors seldom care for that information if evidence is negligible.

Jose Baez is a nobody. He is not high profile, and as a matter of fact was no where near high profile until today. In the OJ case, once again, there was DNA OF HIS WIFE ALL OVER HIS BODY AND APARTMENT IN THE FORM OF BLOOD. In Casey Anthony's case, THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE. This jury made the right decision. What if Casey was in fact innocent and the parent's are just creating a scheme? You have to keep an open mind and look at both sides of the spectrum. Casey obviously wanted to live the "Beautiful Life", and the daughter's death may have been a convenience to her and wanted to keep it that way. Is it sick? Yes. Is it worth a guilty verdict on being an imbecile? No.

Also, did I say that Casey was innocent? No. Did I say that she was guilty? No. I do not have enough knowledge or time to care for this case, I just enjoy intelligent discussion.
+1 I agree with what u said, and not all you see or hear in the media was said in front of the jury. I think she had something to do with the death. But the holes that Baez had brought forth it was hard for a jury to bring a guilty verdict and send someone to death or life. People are way to emotional and don't know how the justice system works. Just go watch a trial or two and how things really work, people would be amazed. I called the same verdict a couple days ago with some people I know and they all said they would convict.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #146
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
wow i was istening to this on CNN @ xm while driving home from work and i felt like when i heard the verdict! This is because shes been aquitted for this digusting crime and she will never be back on trial for it
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #147
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I ALWAYS said people are clueless sheep. First OJ, then Obama, now Casey! Look at Casey, laughing happy etc. UMM Hey murderer, your little girl is DEAD!!
-bobby
Old 07-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #148
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Oooh...they released the plotline for the next season of Dexter!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #149
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
And Jeff Ashton, totally disgusted by the Verdict is going to retire, can't say I blame him ... He is heart broken than justice wasn't served ...
Old 07-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #150
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
why do so many people get so emotionally involved in this type of stuff? will it make any difference in your life if she had been condemmed to the needle for lethal injection? hell im just glad this stupid crap is off the news finally.... who cares
An innocent child is dead and the one person who should have cared the most was too busy caring about no longer being a mom and partying. She cared more about HIDING the fact that her child was dead - REGARDLESS of who actually killed her - than the fact that her child was actually dead.

Why do so many people get emotionally involved? Because we have compassion for that little girl who won't get to grow up and be a mom herself; who won't get a chance to experience life and love and happiness. And because we want to see justice for that little innocent life who will never get a chance to know what justice is....

Who cares? People with a conscience care. And its obviously not you.
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #151
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
why do so many people get so emotionally involved in this type of stuff? will it make any difference in your life if she had been condemmed to the needle for lethal injection? hell im just glad this stupid crap is off the news finally.... who cares
I agree. I find this story as appalling as the next guy, but with the 145 homicides next door to me in Los Angeles in the past 12 months, why should I put my coffee down and follow THIS ONE case? What good does it do to get so emotionally invested to the point where an unsatisfactory verdict causes you personal grief? Whatever floats your boat...I guess I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
because it's OUR justice system at work. lots of people care about our justice system. even if it has nothing to do with us, personally.
Now THIS I can understand.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #152
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
id bet money lots of folks deal with grief in the same way...

they surround them self with happy folks n look into the bottom of booze for answers......
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #153
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Wonder how many millions of dollars she will profit from a book deal. I am sure there are people just waiting to make lots of money on this fiasco.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #154
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Quote:
I have to agree, getting upset will not change anything and will only make the person feel bad. The verdict is what it is, if the prosecutors had done their job they would have gotten their conviction if they felt they had all they needed to get a conviction. Feel bad for the family all the way around and for the adorable baby girl. Too bad.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
Closed Thread