Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #29
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
The Vette..............
Works for me.

oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 AM   #30
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Should have bought a different car. A Camaro isn't a "do everything and it's OK" kind of car. Hauling a German Shepherd is probably going to cause some damage, no matter what you do. Buy a beater. No children, questionable adults, or animals (other than myself) allowed in my Camaro. That's what my van is for.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
y0diggity
Camaro Overlord

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
We have a mini van for dog travel. My Newfoundland doesn't exactly fit in the Camaro (waaaaayyyy too big) and even if she did, she'd never make it in alive. I love my dog more than I can express, but unless it's a life-threatening emergency, she knows not to get near my car.
y0diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Fold down the rear seat. Open the trunk and cover the trunk and folded down rear seat with an old CLEAN quilt or heavy blanket. Bring the dog on a strap-type leash to the back of the car, pick him up and set him down on the blanket in the trunk. Connect the leash to the back of the car inside the trunk (i'm pretty sure there are a couple metal loops there). I'd attach the leash using a carabiner so it is easy to attach / release. The leash should be long enough to allow the dog to move forward to lay on the folded rear seat, but not reach the front seats at all. Encourage the dog to move forward and close the trunk lid.

I haven't done this with my Camaro, but this is what I used to do with my Ponitac Sunfire and it worked well with my Border Collie.
Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #33
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Heh, good luck, if you find something foolproof I might be able to get myself a dog in the near future.

However, I have a great story about a giant dog in a 4th gen. My Dad has a severely modded 4th gen he uses pretty exclusively for track days, no back seat, two racing seats, full 8 point roll cage. They have two Great Danes, my Dad was out in the driveway doing some work on the car and the driver door was open... one of them comes flying out of the house and leaps in over the cross bar, took a seat on the passenger side, then got REEEEAL confused on how to get back out, haha. Priceless.

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #34
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
I think my doggies are the only ones that love riding with the top down as much as me. I bought my car to enjoy it and that includes taking the babies to the dog park on a nice day. I do make sure they are clean before getting in and clean up the interior after they get out. I guess it helps they are only 11, 14 and 28 lbs. The worst thing they have done is put some light scratches on the trim where the window switches are.

I also make sure they are secured in the car so they are not trying to climb around everywhere.

Attached Images

SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
FLYBOY

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS A6
This is why I got leather. My dog (yellow Lab) doesn't ride with me very often but when he does I put an old bed sheet down in the back. With leather seats it's extremely easy to vacuum all the hair out. He's rode with me three times now and you wouldn't be able to tell a dog was ever in there.
FLYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #36
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
I think using your dog to maintain your Camaro may have ethical and moral possibly even legal repercussions.

lol
Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
My dogs (Rottie and Shepherd) only ride in the SUV...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #38
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Works for me.

Built in security system for sure.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #39
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC#2 View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/akaviking14

Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/akaviking14

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
AKAviking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #40
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint135 View Post
Fold down the rear seat. Open the trunk and cover the trunk and folded down rear seat with an old CLEAN quilt or heavy blanket. Bring the dog on a strap-type leash to the back of the car, pick him up and set him down on the blanket in the trunk. Connect the leash to the back of the car inside the trunk (i'm pretty sure there are a couple metal loops there). I'd attach the leash using a carabiner so it is easy to attach / release. The leash should be long enough to allow the dog to move forward to lay on the folded rear seat, but not reach the front seats at all. Encourage the dog to move forward and close the trunk lid.

I haven't done this with my Camaro, but this is what I used to do with my Ponitac Sunfire and it worked well with my Border Collie.
Love this idea. Only I have a vert so my back seat doesn't fold down.... :(
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #41
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
I have a 125lb Doberman but luckily I have a truck to haul him around in. In my wife's old car we had a deal called a "dog hammock." It attached to the front and rear head rests and made, well a hammock for him. He could jump in and lay on that and it kept him from scratching up the interior. It worked good during the time we needed it.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #42
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC#2 View Post

I bought a hooptie to haul the kids and dog in
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote