Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #113
highmark
Burnin out!

Drives: Sick SS
I am finnally here this Friday so I am in(that only took 2 years). Newbie though so I may need a few pointers.Will my sled helmet be adequate. Are you dropping rear tire air pressure at all?
highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #114
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Sled helmet will be good.........I haven't dropped rear pressure was thinking of trying it this Friday see if it makes any big differance. No worries about being a Newbie......you'll soon be an addict
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #115
highmark
Burnin out!

OK so rip out carpet, back seat, front passenger seat , speakers, sub, and remove any screws and bolts that aren't crucial.Lol.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #116
highmark
Burnin out!

Oh, and only wear a helmett and thong.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #117
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Altough the helmet/thong combo would be entertaining I'll let you know need to have on long pants, a long sleeve shirt or jacket and closed toe shoes. Just a heads up as the first time I showed up I had to make a quick trip to Walmart to comply
Old 07-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #118
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump426er View Post
There was the white magnum and the orange charger that kept racing each other one had slicks the other had DR's, you could even see the difference with that pretty easy

No code threw, Jannetty tune. I'm debating on taking it somewhere (maybe Davenport) to get another tune or at least a confirmation on the effectiveness of the current tune mostly because I feel like it should be at least running some higher mph (disreagarding my launching/shifting faults). Maybe the headers will make a bigger difference than I think???? I was running a similar mph as a stock gt500 that night and my best pass was .3 faster than that car (that I saw anyway) so maybe all is well and it truly is the DA making it seem slow to me. The only other comparison car that night, again not another camaro, was an 06 GT stang with whipple, cold air intake, and also stock exhaust. His best was 13.3 @ 110 to my best of 13.1 @ 108, so again same ballpark. Just seems like should be faster is all, mph and 1/4.

Datalog it and send us an e-mail so we can check the tune

Thanks,
Nick
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #119
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump426er View Post
There was the white magnum and the orange charger that kept racing each other one had slicks the other had DR's, you could even see the difference with that pretty easy

No code threw, Jannetty tune. I'm debating on taking it somewhere (maybe Davenport) to get another tune or at least a confirmation on the effectiveness of the current tune mostly because I feel like it should be at least running some higher mph (disreagarding my launching/shifting faults). Maybe the headers will make a bigger difference than I think???? I was running a similar mph as a stock gt500 that night and my best pass was .3 faster than that car (that I saw anyway) so maybe all is well and it truly is the DA making it seem slow to me. The only other comparison car that night, again not another camaro, was an 06 GT stang with whipple, cold air intake, and also stock exhaust. His best was 13.3 @ 110 to my best of 13.1 @ 108, so again same ballpark. Just seems like should be faster is all, mph and 1/4.
I think your tune from Ted is fine. Remember your track altitude is 3380 to start and at 6:00 on the 15th the DA was 5259. With poor track prep and stock tires your times and speed seem OK given the conditions. I'm 3 hours away and everybody here is running slow with this weather. You'll run better this weekend as the weather is cooler and with your mods and the new tune you'll see a difference. Like everyone else your just gonna have to tough it out till fall when the good air comes back, then we'll see your big smile.

I'm coming in tomorrow to do some tuning, maybe I'll stick around and make a few passes. Sounds like there's a Magnum and a Challanger that need a little attitude adjustment...

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #120
highmark
Burnin out!

Thanks, I did not know that. If it doesn't rain, I will see ya there.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #121
thump426er

Drives: Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Datalog it and send us an e-mail so we can check the tune

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick, I was able to talk to Ted yesterday and said the same thing so I'll see if I can make a few datalog runs. The 91 octane probably doesn't speed anything up either. btw, what on earth are you doin in the crazy canuck section,,,,, you comin up to get some of this bad air??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROSS View Post
I think your tune from Ted is fine. Remember your track altitude is 3380 to start and at 6:00 on the 15th the DA was 5259. With poor track prep and stock tires your times and speed seem OK given the conditions. I'm 3 hours away and everybody here is running slow with this weather. You'll run better this weekend as the weather is cooler and with your mods and the new tune you'll see a difference. Like everyone else your just gonna have to tough it out till fall when the good air comes back, then we'll see your big smile.

I'm coming in tomorrow to do some tuning, maybe I'll stick around and make a few passes. Sounds like there's a Magnum and a Challanger that need a little attitude adjustment...
I know I know you're probably right..... Would be great to meet you and see that sweet built car of yours slay some cars.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #122
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMROSS View Post

Really hope you make it out I've been following your build and I'm pretty sure I watched you make a few passes at the Speedway last fall alot before your mods would luv to see your car now
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #123
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
ah, all hail good air!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #124
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
camross, you and i need to hit the track on the same night...even tho you should beat me.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #125
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMROSS View Post
Man! Now I'm REALLY wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could at least see that! I watched them race and that Magnum is fast!

Take 'em down!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #126
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Hey man,

That's the length I go to make sure every customer is happy!! I read every section on this board even after hours in most cases.

I've been to Vancouver, but never Alberta. I loved Vancouver, what a beautiful place.

-Nick
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote