Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #71
epkmvuoq

Drives: 2ss red m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Correcting for DA is OK but not when one is posting on a fast/record list. My 11.63@118 run corrects to a 11.29@121. There is always a % of error with correction as well. I like to see the "real" numbers too.

Those who run in -DA never post their corrected numbers. Wonder why?
Please let me try to put an end to this. If the mustang and camaro have the same horse power before or after mods shouldn't the mustang be 2or3 tenths faster because of the weight ? It's math and science. I don't think the mustang or the camaro have magical properties that would defy this. They are both great cars. 300 pounds is what it is all about. I bought the camaro because I had one when I was a kid and have always been a chevy man. All mustang guys please tell me if I'm right or wrong. By the way if I had known the 5.0 was coming out and was going to weight 2000 pounds and runs 10.9 I swear to you I would still have bought a camaro because of looks and what's in the heart.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #72
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by epkmvuoq View Post
Please let me try to put an end to this. If the mustang and camaro have the same horse power before or after mods shouldn't the mustang be 2or3 tenths faster because of the weight ? It's math and science. I don't think the mustang or the camaro have magical properties that would defy this. They are both great cars. 300 pounds is what it is all about. I bought the camaro because I had one when I was a kid and have always been a chevy man. All mustang guys please tell me if I'm right or wrong. By the way if I had known the 5.0 was coming out and was going to weight 2000 pounds and runs 10.9 I swear to you I would still have bought a camaro because of looks and what's in the heart.
Not exactly. You have to look at the power and torque throughout the entire curve. Gears also make a difference which does not show on the dyno. Someone with a very large cam will have peak rwhp and Tq but someone with a smaller cam will beat them because they have better gains across the band instead of the top.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #73
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
The auto 5.0's become utterly and completely different animals when given a proper tune that takes advantages of bolt ons. A month ago a guy brought a fairly new, stock 2011 5.0 auto to our local track. He ran a 12.9 @ 112 MPH.

Last week he brough it back, with LT's, a tune, intake and street DOT drag tires and ran a 12.23 @ 116 MPH.

Thats how much an auto 5.0 wakes up when taken care of.
And what do you think an SS equipped with similar mods will run
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #74
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
And what do you think an SS equipped with similar mods will run
I have a L99 with tune, cam, LT headers, ported intake manifold, vararam intake, x-pipe, hf cats, jba exhaustm and DRs. In the 1/8 at Irwindale, I ran an auto 5.0, tune, 3.73s and DRs. I barely won. The vid is on page 2. I was pulling slowly pulling but off the line those things are quick and with the same boltons it would have been real close.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #75
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I love your corrected ET list you posted.

I didn't know corrected ET's are now all the rage since nobody at the track has ever came up to me and asked me what my corrected ET was because who effin care's since it doesn't go up in lights on the board or printed on your slip. I've never even seen it been calculated when cars are reviewed by the mags.
I dont believe in corrected number either. Only a few are corrected on that list and all of them have posted timeslips to verify it. Maybe you dont get what im trying to say. Read it again. I dont doubt they the run in the 12's, so does the camaro. What i am arguing is that the one person stated that the car picked up 7/10ths with just a tune. Its more likly that the driver didnt drive as well on the first pass and got the full potential on the later passes for whatever reason. And continue to read, Jon@Torq stated that after a tune on his mustang he picked up 2/10ths. That seems perfectly correct and i dont doubt that.
Ford fans should be happy they finally have a new motor that actually makes enough power to not get smoked by the new SS as it has been for the last 2yrs. This works out for everyone, now it forces GM and Dodge to step it up also. Those of us with modded cars really dont care about stock comparisons anyway, correct?

Wbt- Maybe we can meet at a track one day if one of us takes a road trip. Its gunna take more than a tune and slicks to run me though , and even so, it wouldnt bother me to lose. Just an excuse to add more power.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #76
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Not exactly. You have to look at the power and torque throughout the entire curve. Gears also make a difference which does not show on the dyno. Someone with a very large cam will have peak rwhp and Tq but someone with a smaller cam will beat them because they have better gains across the band instead of the top.
Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Wbt- Maybe we can meet at a track one day if one of us takes a road trip. Its gunna take more than a tune and slicks to run me though , and even so, it wouldnt bother me to lose. Just an excuse to add more power.
That would be fun. Is Houston the closest track equi-distance? I am in the Austin area.

BTW - my best pass to date is 11.63@118 with terrible traction in 2,500' of air:

I have since purchased some Weld RT-S wheels and larger tires which should fix it and will be cutting some 1.5x 60' times dropping a couple of tenths in the quarter. I am also swapping the rear gear from a 3.73 to a 3.90 and switched to e85. Working on finalizing the tune which should be good for another couple of tenths. All-in-all I am aiming for high 10's N/A with stock heads/cams come better air this Fall/Winter.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #77
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Yes those are stock tires.

Here is a stock 5.0 with nothing but slicks:

Same track we tuned the car that picked up .7 and now more.
There it is!!!! WBT has spoken again!!! The same video that has found it's way into every 5.0 thread on this site is gospel and you all should bow down the 5.0 and believe every claim that they are 10 sec. bolt-on cars no matter how many rational people disagree. Shame on us Camaro guys for being such haters. BTW where's huggerorange?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #78
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
There it is!!!! WBT has spoken again!!! The same video that has found it's way into every 5.0 thread on this site is gospel and you all should bow down the 5.0 and believe every claim that they are 10 sec. bolt-on cars no matter how many rational people disagree. Shame on us Camaro guys for being such haters. BTW where's huggerorange?
Wow! Let people under your skin much?

If you were closer than Chicago, would you take wbt up on his offer to meet at the track?
You have to give him credit, he will call you out and he will show up when he is called out. More than you can say for about 90% of the people that run their mouths on here...

One more thing, where are the videos of you and your times with similar mods as wbt's??

Last edited by REEFBLUE93; 08-15-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #79
epkmvuoq

Drives: 2ss red m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post

If you were closer than Chicago, would you take wbt up on his offer to meet at the track?
You have to give him credit, he will call you out and he will show up when he is called out. More than you can say for about 90% of the people that run their mouths on here...

One more thing, where are the videos of you and your times with similar mods as wbt's??
Post has gotten out of hand. No one is learning anything from this. Someone please shut this down ! I'm done reading and I am sorry to have started this thread. Thanks to evertone
Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #80
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by epkmvuoq View Post
Post has gotten out of hand. No one is learning anything from this. Someone please shut this down ! I'm done reading and I am sorry to have started this thread. Thanks to evertone
So you quote me, out of all the other people riding this derailed thread, and say that?? You started a thread on a topic that's been beaten to death around here, what did you think would happen?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #81
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post

Maybe you should check the fast list on CAMARO5 (which is actually this site dedicated to the 5th gen Camaro if you were wondering) if you would like to see my time slips and mods. I don't let anyone get under my skin, I agree with the actually Camaro owners in this thread and there is a group of you that say the same thing over and over again and again. You people don't add any value to this forum and it gets pretty damn annoying. Hell yes I would take wbt up on his offer. Maybe Camaro5 fest III will be at a place in the middle.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #82
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Maybe you should check the fast list on CAMARO5 (which is actually this site dedicated to the 5th gen Camaro if you were wondering) if you would like to see my time slips and mods. I don't let anyone get under my skin, I agree with the actually Camaro owners in this thread and there is a group of you that say the same thing over and over again and again. You people don't add any value to this forum and it gets pretty damn annoying. Hell yes I would take wbt up on his offer. Maybe Camaro5 fest III will be at a place in the middle.

There ya go, why all the pissing and moaning then? You act like you have something to prove. It's a thread about the new 5.0 vs the LS3. Someone posts factual events he has witnessed, along with video proof, and you cry foul
Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #83
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

If I was the only one doing it then maybe you would have a point but that's not the case, is it? Do you guys troll here because you actually think you're doing our community a service or is it just because you enjoy being a bane on this forum?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #84
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
If I was the only one doing it then maybe you would have a point but that's not the case, is it? Do you guys troll here because you actually think you're doing our community a service or is it just because you enjoy being a bane on this forum?
Every forum needs a troll, you have bigger problems than myself on here. I checked out the fast list and saw your times and mods. I understand your rection to wbt now

Nice times either way though. Good luck at the upcoming event as well

Closed Thread