Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #15
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Thanks

Just another reply from a V6 guy who can't handle facts. Sorry, like I said, it's something you wouldn't understand. I never said anything about a V8 Camaro vs a V6 Camaro.

It's pretty much a given, a V8 is going to beat a V6... usually. There is the age old saying "There is no replacement for displacement". I didnt make it up... Last time I checked 5.7 > 3.6 by quite a bit and I do believe the R/T has considerable more torque than the LT Camaro.

Call me a tool all you want but my comments can be backed up with FACTS. Can yours? Oh wait, it's a LLT thing, I wouldn't understand... My bad!
I'm not arguing against facts buddy. It's common sense a stock 5.7 will beat a stock 3.6. It's the way you say it that makes you look like a tool.... and yet you continue to make yourself look like a fool.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
I'm not arguing against facts buddy. It's common sense a stock 5.7 will beat a stock 3.6. It's the way you say it that makes you look like a tool.... and yet you continue to make yourself look like a fool.
Ok pal. Let's just agree that each of us thinks the other is a tool and move on. I'm 100% cool with that. I could have said the same thing about you that you said about me. I've read plenty of your posts, you think anyone with a V8 has some big chip on their shoulder. Enjoy your car, I'm sure it's very nice and pretty quick, but dont make it something it's not... and wasn't meant to be.

Contrary to popular belief, I have nothing against a V6 Camaro. I am a HUGE fan of all Camaros... regardless of year, engine, trim package... whatever. What I can't stomach is the people that are so easily offended. It's a great car, it just isn't the fastest thing on the road.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #17
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
~can't we all just get along~
Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
Old 09-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Be a very interesting race. The R/T will have the advantage. They are high 13 sec cars (mid 13s in real good air).
Before the Dodge boys come in a claim the R/T is a low 13 sec car, I want to state "its not."

Its a solid high 13 sec car, that can run mid 13s in excellent conditions. But it pretty much takes a miracle for one to run low 13s.
I watched a couple of them on a great weather day (DA around 0) and they were running 13.6 - 13.8 all day with perfect launches.

But that's still faster than a lightly modded V6 Camaro.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Be a very interesting race. The R/T will have the advantage. They are high 13 sec cars (mid 13s in real good air).
Before the Dodge boys come in a claim the R/T is a low 13 sec car, I want to state "its not."

Its a solid high 13 sec car, that can run mid 13s in excellent conditions. But it pretty much takes a miracle for one to run low 13s.
I watched a couple of them on a great weather day (DA around 0) and they were running 13.6 - 13.8 all day with perfect launches.

But that's still faster than a lightly modded V6 Camaro.
You are right and wrong. the 6 speeds are capable of being solid mid 13 second cars with decent drivers. the automatics can AND DO run low 13s in good conditions. These 2 you watched. Auto or manual? What was their 60 ft times? had they driven at a track before? 18 or 20 inch rims? 3.73 or the 3.92 rear (auto will be 3.06 regardless)?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #21
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Ok pal. Let's just agree that each of us thinks the other is a tool and move on. I'm 100% cool with that. I could have said the same thing about you that you said about me. I've read plenty of your posts, you think anyone with a V8 has some big chip on their shoulder. Enjoy your car, I'm sure it's very nice and pretty quick, but dont make it something it's not... and wasn't meant to be.

Contrary to popular belief, I have nothing against a V6 Camaro. I am a HUGE fan of all Camaros... regardless of year, engine, trim package... whatever. What I can't stomach is the people that are so easily offended. It's a great car, it just isn't the fastest thing on the road.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
You are right and wrong. the 6 speeds are capable of being solid mid 13 second cars with decent drivers. the automatics can AND DO run low 13s in good conditions. These 2 you watched. Auto or manual? What was their 60 ft times? had they driven at a track before? 18 or 20 inch rims? 3.73 or the 3.92 rear (auto will be 3.06 regardless)?
The ones I watched were both autos. Both had no spin launches, but I didn't ask them about their 60' times. But the launches were good clean launches. The best times were 13.6's in really good conditions.

I spoke to one of the owners and he was really happy with his times. He said he usually ran much slower in warmer air (higher DA conditons).

I've personally never seen a bone stock R/T run low 13s. I'm not saying they can't do it, but its a real fast time for one. It would be like a Camaro SS running mid 12s (which I've also never personally seen). The fastest bone stock Camaro SS I've seen personally ran
12.8s.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
V8 > V6
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
The ones I watched were both autos. Both had no spin launches, but I didn't ask them about their 60' times. But the launches were good clean launches. The best times were 13.6's in really good conditions.

I spoke to one of the owners and he was really happy with his times. He said he usually ran much slower in warmer air (higher DA conditons).

I've personally never seen a bone stock R/T run low 13s. I'm not saying they can't do it, but its a real fast time for one. It would be like a Camaro SS running mid 12s (which I've also never personally seen). The fastest bone stock Camaro SS I've seen personally ran
12.8s.
Well, there are certainly more low 13 second R/Ts than there are mid 12 SSes, especially when you compare the amt running it with the actual amt produced.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
Dcmaro28

Drives: 2011 LS CGM / '01 Trans am (ls6)
Yeah I'm almost 100% sure that he will get me 8 out of 10 times and possibly more, and it's not about us LLT guys having our own thing, I could t afford an SS but that doesnt mean I go around thinking I can pull a v8 with a few mods. I drive both cars and they honestly feel fairly close, the challenger pulls a lot harder on the top end but I was just curious what you all thought of how it would be. I'm not going to say I got my six for mpg or insurance, but as a student I simply can't afford the v8.
Dcmaro28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #26
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Thanks

Just another reply from a V6 guy who can't handle facts. Sorry, like I said, it's something you wouldn't understand. I never said anything about a V8 Camaro vs a V6 Camaro.

It's pretty much a given, a V8 is going to beat a V6... usually. There is the age old saying "There is no replacement for displacement". I didnt make it up... Last time I checked 5.7 > 3.6 by quite a bit and I do believe the R/T has considerable more torque than the LT Camaro.

Call me a tool all you want but my comments can be backed up with FACTS. Can yours? Oh wait, it's a LLT thing, I wouldn't understand... My bad!
Thats not always the case. Stock for stock, Cobalt SS is quicker then a V6 and it has less displacement.
Our V6 wouldnt take the chally, but a few mods and it will make it close. E85 tune and a few other mods and you can get the job done witout spraying. With spraying...well we got a member who hit a 11.96. But thats an unfair advantage. Anyways stock for stock, displacement isnt always the answer
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #27
builder11150

Drives: 1987 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Thats not always the case. Stock for stock, Cobalt SS is quicker then a V6 and it has less displacement.
Our V6 wouldnt take the chally, but a few mods and it will make it close. E85 tune and a few other mods and you can get the job done witout spraying. With spraying...well we got a member who hit a 11.96. But thats an unfair advantage. Anyways stock for stock, displacement isnt always the answer
Well, the motto ususally holds true for naturally aspirated engines. When you throw boost into the mix it changes everything.
builder11150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
coolman

Quote:

It's pretty much a given, a V8 is going to beat a V6... usually. There is the age old saying d "There is no replacement for displacement".
Here's the problem with that saying.

Is that why an Ecoboost F150 with a 3.5 V6 beats all the V-8s that Ford, Chevy and Dodge trucks have to offer in the quarter mile.

I know this has nothing to do with the V6 Camaro not being able to beat an R/T challenger ,but it does question that "old" saying.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote