Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #29
Blue1969bird

Drives: 1969 Firebird vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
And for those "lucky" enough to get one, how lucky will they feel when parts are unavailable to keep car running.
Good point. Given all the electronics on any new car this is something to consider. I had an ECM go out on a 6 year old '89 TTA and when I tried to find a GM unit I was out of luck. I can't imagine what the driver info center would cost a few years from now, and given how everything is tied together it not like you could go without.

This car is a want, not a need. I hope they show up soon before the consumer sentiment does a 180.
Blue1969bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #30
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Actually, GM hinted at the price increase when they started labeling 22,995 an Introductory Price right before the start of production.
However, given the state of the ecomomy, it is surprising that the price increase is coming before the cars even hit the streets...
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #31
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Well back in October many on here said " Wow..what a bargain.! "

GM reads these sites and all they saw for months was how so many were crowing about how good a value the car was. Now they raise the distribution 50 bucks and raise optional paint a $100.00 and the sky is falling.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #32
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
this is crazy, so soon?? damn.. mite be looking at an challenger R/T again, atleast they will bargain for these cars now.. and i bet especially once the camaros are hot in a couple months. maybe MOPAR aint so bad after all??
Yes, I may be looking at other options too. Charger, Stang, or possibly used older Camaro/Trans Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
Im not surprised. Many people think they are going to save money by pre ordering. I don't share this view. Not in these times we are in.
It will be very interesting to see how supply/demand plays out this year. I too think there's a good chance that once preorders are filled, IF GM is still running, we'll find them below MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1969bird View Post
Good point. Given all the electronics on any new car this is something to consider. I had an ECM go out on a 6 year old '89 TTA and when I tried to find a GM unit I was out of luck. I can't imagine what the driver info center would cost a few years from now, and given how everything is tied together it not like you could go without.
This car is a want, not a need. I hope they show up soon before the consumer sentiment does a 180.
Exactly! A large potential buying market for this car has to be sitting back til opportunity to test drive car comes. We've had a price in our minds, and now before we can even take one for spin, they raise price. Not a good PR/marketing move, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Well back in October many on here said " Wow..what a bargain.! "

GM reads these sites and all they saw for months was how so many were crowing about how good a value the car was. Now they raise the distribution 50 bucks and raise optional paint a $100.00 and the sky is falling.
The actual price increase is yet unknown, and won't be til April 9th. But I would guess its going to be atleast several hundred dollars.

Last edited by DerbyChamp06; 04-02-2009 at 08:58 AM.
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #33
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I really don't get why everyone is so surprised about this...

Does no one listen to CamaroScotty?!?
Listening to Scotty doesn't make anyone feel better about the increase being announced the same time: a) GM fails to get past the Fed bailout mess; b) the CEO talks about the possiblity of bankrupcy!
All the while the faithfull who ordered their cars as far back as October AND were delayed by at lease one month getting them. And yes we wanted a quality car, but at least GM Corp could have made it official that those who already had a firm offer from the dealer would get it at the MSRP prices in effect at that time, not leaving up to the dealer.

And to be honest, it will probably be the dealers who will honor a price guarantee (if the person ordering was savy enough to get it in writing) who will get screwed by less of a margin and profit between the guarantee price and the higher invoice price...

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #34
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
jeezzz if the price goes up a few hunfred dollars, big f*ck*n deal.....whats 300 dollars when your already spending 35,000....or even 22,000 for that matter
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #35
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
jeezzz if the price goes up a few hunfred dollars, big f*ck*n deal.....whats 300 dollars when your already spending 35,000....or even 22,000 for that matter
Every penny counts in this economy. People are starting to get conditioned to prices going down, not up....Home prices, gas, most new cars, etc.....and while we shouldn't expect the same for the highly anticipated Camaro, they should atleast hold prices where they're at now.
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #36
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
Give me a break.. How do you have an increase in price on a car that nobody has yet. How stupid is that... I think its a matter of principle for some people. The frustration of waiting all this time, and its almost finally here, and already they're jacking up the price. They should focus on delivering the damn thing before they start counting their money.. They better keep the price in check because without some heavy incentives, the challengers are piling up... Some of the challengers are close to 40k..
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #37
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
how can it be verified that the price actually went up?
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #38
86IROC&2010SS

Drives: 2010 SS, '86 IROC, '06 G6
Is there an official GM link explaining / mentioning price protection? I've read tons of posts about preorders being price protected, but if my dealer tries to charge more than what MSRP was when I ordered, I doubt that "I read on a forum that there is price protection" will be good enough...even if the forum is Camaro5.

_
86IROC&2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #39
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86IROC&2010SS View Post
Is there an official GM link explaining / mentioning price protection? I've read tons of posts about preorders being price protected, but if my dealer tries to charge more than what MSRP was when I ordered, I doubt that "I read on a forum that there is price protection" will be good enough...even if the forum is Camaro5.
Post #1 of this thread has been edited, adding a link to the letter that dealers received explaining the price protection.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #40
mrpre10der

stop worring about a couple of bucks. you will be lucking to get one if you didnt preorder .or pay 5to10 thousand over sticker .no dealer is going to give you this car for nothing .i think this is the best car gm decided to make .