Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #29
MGW

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Ok well i called MGW today and they said the retro handle wont fit stock shifter knob so any suggestions for good aftermarket shifter knobs? it has to be 12mm x 1.75 thread wise to fit correctly.
THE RETRO SHAFT WONT FIT BECAUSE IT WONT LOOK RIGHT WITH A STOCK KNOB BUT WE DO HAVE THE STOCK KNOB HANDLE SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR??

GEORGE
MGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #30
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Hey guys i been looking for a 2012 Manual 6 Speed Aftermarket Short Throw Shifters, I like the hurst short throw , but it uses an ugly que ball and i just dont like it in my black camaro, and my stock shifter does not have the cool looking H on it for hurst so i wanna replace that also, but does anyone else know what good brands out there sell good short throw upgrades with a nice looking shifter? Manual Tranny
Well I have the Hurst Short Throw with the Hurst Hard Drive shifter. Looks great and I like the pistol grip a lot better than the standard ball and the stock shift knob. I also have the T-handle but I don't use it anymore.

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #31
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
I like the hurst short throw , but it uses an ugly que ball and i just dont like it in my black camaro
That's why I went with a plain black knob on my Hurst shifter
Old 10-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #32
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGW View Post
THE RETRO SHAFT WONT FIT BECAUSE IT WONT LOOK RIGHT WITH A STOCK KNOB BUT WE DO HAVE THE STOCK KNOB HANDLE SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR??

GEORGE

Do you have any good looking knobs or grips or shifters , running any special pricings on ? cause i just bought the 360$ Shifter Kit from you guys.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #33
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Dude that be great, when i ordered the 360$ MGW Kit it said Retro Grip for free or Stock Grip so i hit retro i dont know how that looks but im hoping i like it lol, otherwise i have to use becky@chevy person here on the forum to order the stock hurst shifter i like how it looks, but as far for the shifter it self all reviews i read seem good and the stick is fast and slick and is not as rough at the stock , by the way does it increase performance in anycase is it lighter? or adds any extra HP or TQ? i know its not a system but hey every mod must add some HP im thinking :P
Here's the pics I promised, better late than never!
Attached Images

JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #34
Hellfighter

Ehh its too big looks like it would be touching the air system knobs, also is the button for NoZ? im looking for something smaller than stock knob i dont like how high it is
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #35
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Doesn't even come close, remember its a short throw and its in first gear. The 12v switch is for my line-lock. I needed something with a 12v switch and there just aint much out there aside from the cue-balls which I don't like. Happy hunting!!!
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #36
Hellfighter

Dang, well the pics seem very big on the shifter maybe like 5 or 6 inches height wise, stock shifter seems around 3.5 inches height. even if the shifter is short the tall knobs kill it lol. I dont like que balls either but if i cant find something fitting 17 x 1.75 thread wise i have to settle of a stupid que ball... and i wont be that happy driving my car lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #37
Hellfighter

whats the line lock for also?>
Old 10-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #38
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
whats the line lock for also?>
After applying the brakes you press the button, release the brake pedal and as long as you hold the button down the front brakes stay on. Its meant for the track to do burnouts to warm your tires but it sure is fun/impressive on the street. Instead of dumping the clutch at 3000-5000 rpm,you take the stress off of everything.

The shifter is a little tall but it was the best option I could find.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #39
Hellfighter

Dang, do you know any other shifters that are low as a que ball but can fit that thread i posted above?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #40
MGW

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Dang, do you know any other shifters that are low as a que ball but can fit that thread i posted above?
we have a bunch of knobs that will fit that shifter thread on our retro handle...

here are a few options...
Attached Images

MGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #41
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
THIS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
I have the LSR shifter and I love it.
Had it on for several thousand miles now doing great.

Here is my write up on it.
LSR Shifter

ZooDad
Old 10-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #42
Hellfighter

this?