Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wash/Wax/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Any tips for washing your Camaro?

Hey guys...hope everyone is doing well. My car should be in tomorrow after close to two months of waiting, but I won't be getting it for another couple of days because I'm getting a whole bunch of mods done at the dealership including custom leather interior. Anyway, and this might be a silly questions, but are there any recommendations for cleaning the Camaro? Mine has black vinyl stripes btw. I've owned a not so nice car in the past so I just go through the car wash....but obviously I want to start cleaning it myself. Any tips? Products to use? tips for waxing? I could use anything! Thanks.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Listen to good music while your doing it and not get it too dirty in the first place
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Chobbs11
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro LS
Don't let the dealer wash it for you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chobbs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Don't take it to an automatic car washes, don't let anyone else wash it, and definately don't let any high school car wash fund raisers do it. Watch the videos on adamspolishes and do what they do.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #5
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
Hey guys...hope everyone is doing well. My car should be in tomorrow after close to two months of waiting, but I won't be getting it for another couple of days because I'm getting a whole bunch of mods done at the dealership including custom leather interior. Anyway, and this might be a silly questions, but are there any recommendations for cleaning the Camaro? Mine has black vinyl stripes btw. I've owned a not so nice car in the past so I just go through the car wash....but obviously I want to start cleaning it myself. Any tips? Products to use? tips for waxing? I could use anything! Thanks.
For the polished wheels, go to a motorcycle shop and buy some S100 total cycle clean. It is spray on, wait a couple of minutesand hose off and it really gets the brake dust off.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
Kwik

Drives: car
Micro-fibre towels.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Water, shade, and no matter how much you are tempted...do not go to one of these:

As you can clearly see - not one model is holding a foam gun, nor are they using a proper two bucket system for washing...and I highly doubt that the water is softened. All potential hazzards to your car's finish. (Not to mention any "jewelry" the woman ON THE HOOD may be concealing.... )
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Theres a ton of info to absorb... certainly spend some time in the cosmetics/detailing section reading. Theres also our videos to help guide you as well:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
dHud

Drives: Black 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Theres a ton of info to absorb... certainly spend some time in the cosmetics/detailing section reading. Theres also our videos to help guide you as well:

What he said! Seriously, go to adams website, all their stuff is top notch. I must warn you though, be prepared to spend some $$.
dHud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
josephs8

Drives: 2011 Yellow 2LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post

great videos, great products!
josephs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
I'm a believer I washed the car and used the detail spray afterwards. All I'm a say is WOW !!!! Car looked brand new...Nwere then day I first got it. lol !! And I'm a hard sell. but I'm a firtm believer now. About to go purchase the buffer and the clay and get bizzy and murder them for the summer when I come through. lol !!!! ADAM ALL DAY BABE !!!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
BLKRS2011
1LT RS 2011 BLACK

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
Anyone ever heard of FW1? Is it a good product?
BLKRS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote