Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
Has anyone on this forum gained 30hp from the vararam cai?
The beauty of the Vararam is you can't dyno it, so nobody knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso305 View Post
why wouldnt MRT give you hp? does flowmaster and all themm give you more hp?

im sorry but iive heard Flowmaster and other exhaust and they sounded whimpy. ill stick to my MRTs.

my mrt with intake and no resonator delete just yet...

ill upload a new video of my setup when i get my car back and my new varama intake.
Because MRT is an axle back system. Even the catbacks don't see much performance, but increasing the piping diameter helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2129 View Post
20hp. Come on people this ain't a power trip. His adding a cold air intake and TB. Exhaust is mostly for sound. You also have to remember this is a v6. They don't respond to mods like a v8 does. Company's claim 20hp or so. realistically 12hp Tops... Hell long tubes only add about 10-15
Long tubes have dynoed higher than that pretty consistently from what I've seen on here. More in the 25-35 range.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
I think someone needs to build a contraption that hooks to the front of the car and blows air into the Vararam equivalant to the speed you are going on the Dyno! That's the only way you'll be able to tell the gains!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
oso305
Shoot First. Ask Later.

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

Because MRT is an axle back system. Even the catbacks don't see much performance, but increasing the piping diameter helps.

Long tubes have dynoed higher than that pretty consistently from what I've seen on here. More in the 25-35 range.
how about mrt 1.0 4" tips and resonator delete?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
bill2129
Account Suspended

Drives: 2085 Trans AM COBRA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

It may go by on what kinda car. On ls1's they only gain around 10hp on a stock car because the heads already flow good. I would be in complete SHOCK If a new ss picked that up that much up. If they did the heads must really suck. In the old days with carb motors headers where great and they picked up 25-30. On today's cars I find that hard to believe.
bill2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
+1 MRT won't give much either
agreed... main gains were in the mid-range RPMs... right around 5500 RPM... I would think all the axle backs would produce basically the same results...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Ricer Math 101. Lol
Ricer math is adding all of the advertised or even expected gains up on top of one another like a math problem. Realistically it doesn't work that way as I'm sure you know...but 15 to 20 isn't out of the question for these mods combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
Has anyone on this forum gained 30hp from the vararam cai?
I don't know about 30 HP. Many people go with the claim that you can't dyon the VR because of the way it is set up, and I'll admit, it sure does seem that way. But then we have a few dynos that say otherwise. Take for instance...Tracy with RX dyno'd a car with the Vararam with the baseline and said it was very impressive:

So I don't know what to believe to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2129 View Post
20hp. Come on people this ain't a power trip. His adding a cold air intake and TB. Exhaust is mostly for sound. You also have to remember this is a v6. They don't respond to mods like a v8 does. Company's claim 20hp or so. realistically 12hp Tops... Hell long tubes only add about 10-15
Not sure how often you visit the V6 section, but there have been dozens of dynos done showing regular box style CAI's making 10 - 15 HP over the stock box (not to mention tons of dynos showing LTs for the V6 making anywhere from 12 to almost 20 at peak, but thats getting off track here)...

I went from the Airraid CAI to the Vararam and felt an improvement...so that tells me the Vararam must make a bit more power. Vararam works off of ram air and so the improvement on the highway versus traditional CAI's is noticeable...this is where I feel the difference. So whats to say that this combo can't possibly make an additional 20rwhp?? I say realistically 15 to 20 on the road.

Tags
cai vararam, mrt 2.0, throttle body